By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
CosmicSex said:
BraLoD said:
Not a single review on XBO up until now, it's feeling like an exclusive

I keep saying this in the Amazon thread.  No one wants to admit it, but if the PS4 version goes like 10:1 on the Xbox One version... its effectively a perceived exclusive. 

Nah. Not only you can get it somewhere else than PS4, some people have expressed their wish to get it on X1, so this is as exclusive as Dark Souls. Meaning, it isn't. 

Around the Network

I don't trust any review of a FF game as all the 13 games got great reviews and those games are putrid garbage. Not been impressed by the 3 demos. There is a lot wrong in mechanics. This is one of those games wait a few months and the truth will come out like 13.

BraLoD said:
SegataSanshiro said:
I don't trust any review of a FF game as all the 13 games got great reviews and those games are putrid garbage. Not been impressed by the 3 demos. There is a lot wrong in mechanics. This is one of those games wait a few months and the truth will come out like 13.

All 13 of them?
I don't think there is a single garbage game between the 9 mainlines I've played, and IX and XII are some of the finest pieces of videogame ever.

He means the XIII trilogy, dude. Your reading comprehension fails at times because you can't see between lines.

Un any case I don't agree, since I loved XIII.

SegataSanshiro said:

I was so shocked when I saw this average after I beat the game. Game is great

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BraLoD said:
SegataSanshiro said:

All 13 of them?
I don't think there is a single garbage game between the 9 mainlines I've played, and IX and XII are some of the finest pieces of videogame ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH SO FUNNY! WOW AMAZING! LAUGHED SO HARD HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!. No. 13,13-2,LR are garbage and got good reviews. I have said it before when it comes to reviews FF mainline is a brand to big to fail.  Not trying to blindly hate anything. Just a lot of core mechanics and design choices made in this game I don't think are very good ones. Not saying FFXV is bad but I have seen enough to know reviews can't be trusted but I have not put much faith in them in about a decade for any game anyways. Game will likely be in my hands soon anyway. I even play games I dislike to complettion to learn from them like Dragon Age Inqusition.

Around the Network

Hmm. The score is on the lower side of my expectations, but the game is getting strong praise for sure, especially the combat. Funny.

Wright said:
CosmicSex said:

I keep saying this in the Amazon thread.  No one wants to admit it, but if the PS4 version goes like 10:1 on the Xbox One version... its effectively a perceived exclusive. 

Nah. Not only you can get it somewhere else than PS4, some people have expressed their wish to get it on X1, so this is as exclusive as Dark Souls. Meaning, it isn't. 

I am sure for ever person who has expressed interest in playing on X1... 100 or more have expressed interest in playing in on PS4.

The execption doesn't disprove the rule. You probably wont find a more lopsided split

Payday next month can't come sooner!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

CosmicSex said:
Wright said:

I am sure for ever person who has expressed interest in playing on X1... 100 or more have expressed interest in playing in on PS4.

The execption doesn't disprove the rule. You probably wont find a more lopsided split

if some people have expressed their will to get it on X1 and it effectively has sold units on that console, then it's not exclusive in any way or shape. xD

Hmmm surprised the review is much more positive, but i agree with most of the reviewer's points. It's really the story that's dragging this game down. Squenix is still having problem with that "show;dont tell" thingy.