By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
CosmicSex said:
Wright said:

if some people have expressed their will to get it on X1 and it effectively has sold units on that console, then it's not exclusive in any way or shape. xD

Oh you missed my point.  I said it was an effective exclusive.  Not an actual exclusive. 

Which, considering the game is moving copies on X1, retailers have both copies sitting on shelves and they ask which version you're preordering, and MS got some marketing rights to it (like E3 presentation), I don't really consider it to be the case either. 

I could only see it as an "effective" exclusive whatsoever if an aggresive campaign to only focus and market the PS4 version had taken place, and somehow boycott X1 shipments to retailers. Even under these circumstances I'm not sure if I would agree, but it's definitively a better circumstance to call it as such. And despite what Amazon might say, I doubt the difference in sales will be like Type-0 HD, even though I concede there will be a noticeable difference in sales, in favour to PS4 version.

Around the Network

Nice, using reverse psychology worked :P hopefully it can get to 87. Ignoring scores it's getting a lot of positive opinions, I'm glad and excited

Wright said:
CosmicSex said:

Oh you missed my point.  I said it was an effective exclusive.  Not an actual exclusive. 

Which, considering the game is moving copies on X1, retailers have both copies sitting on shelves and they ask which version you're preordering, and MS got some marketing rights to it (like E3 presentation), I don't really consider it to be the case either. 

I could only see it as an "effective" exclusive whatsoever if an aggresive campaign to only focus and market the PS4 version had taken place, and somehow boycott X1 shipments to retailers. Even under these circumstances I'm not sure if I would agree, but it's definitively a better circumstance to call it as such. And despite what Amazon might say, I doubt the difference in sales will be like Type-0 HD, even though I concede there will be a noticeable difference in sales, in favour to PS4 version.

If you think the Xbox One version will account for anyting more than 10 percent of FFXV sales:

LOL.  No really though.  Its going to be a blowout.  Which is really scary when you think about it because the sheer number of Xbox Ones in the US wont matter.  There is a REAL anti Japanese developer chord that flows through the blood of the Xbox Community.  Look at Recore... now I'm not saying that Recore was a good game.  I am saying that Scalebound like Recore before it are doomed to fail because they are Japanese games on an Xbox.  They don't support JRPGs.  Sure some will break with the community and get XV because its obviously a good game, but nothing short of it becoming a WRPG and redeveloped by people from the West will move Xbox gamers to take it seriously.    In the world where Xbox is the only console, Japanese developers cease to be.  That excites some in the Xbox community no doubt although I don't know how things got like this. 

I predicted a meta of 81. I think it could settle around 83 which is solid.

bunchanumbers said:
I predicted a meta of 81. I think it could settle around 83 which is solid.

It would have to only get 80's from now on to settle at 83. It has too many 90's and 85's now. 

Around the Network

10 years for just an 86................................................

Picking up the deluxe editon tonight the wait is gonna kill me espically during class.

I've played through the first chapter (got my Ultimate copy early in the mail), and I'll admit I was worried for a whole minute.

But then the end of Kingsglaive happened, and shit got real and fast. I'm loving it so far.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

So about as good as Pokémon Sun and Moon (which only took 3 years to make while also having made a remake of Gen III in the process). Pokémon is still the king of RPGs I'm afraid. :p

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Very good reviews. The game is good. Enjoy FF fans!

celador said:
Captain_Yuri said:
This is gonna be good! I am kinda hoping for a shit score just so there can be lots of drama but in seriousness, if its not above 80, I am gonna cancel my pre-order

What about if it gets a 79 and only missed out on 80 because IGN marked it down for something stupid

310, Too much leather.