By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo overchallenged with HD development?

Do you think they are overchallenged

Yes. 57 37.01%

No. 40 25.97%

A little bit. 40 25.97%

Results. 17 11.04%

Total:154
Jumpin said:
I have no idea. It's hard to make judgments on their software dev when most of the last three years have been dedicated toward the Switch, and that is still a big unknown. The reason Zelda is taking so long is because it is one of the most ambitious videogame titles ever created, maybe the most. Think on it this way, Final Fantasy 15 took over a decade, Breath of the Wild will be about half of that.

Witcher 3, GTA 5 are probl more ambitious but we need to see more from zelda to make a judgement

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

They're shifting their attention towards the Switch.

Which (if rumors are true) will get one new 3d mario, some minor titles and some wii u ports on launch and a delayed zelda wii u game in summer

Maybe they have a hard time finding game designers and developers with experience, doctorates degrees, fear of NDAs, and with Ninja skills just in case they're deployed to a mission.

I think they can develop very well in HD... The proble is, that they need to develop HD in very low spec hardware, So I think this reduces to "nitendo is overchanllenged with HD development in underpowered consoles"

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

omgfk said:
GoOnKid said:

They're shifting their attention towards the Switch.

Which (if rumors are true) will get one new 3d mario, some minor titles and some wii u ports on launch and a delayed zelda wii u game in summer

And maybe some more titles that haven't been anounced yet. How many titles would you like to have at launch, anyway?

Around the Network

Locking alt thread.