By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo overchallenged with HD development?

Do you think they are overchallenged

Yes. 57 37.01%

No. 40 25.97%

A little bit. 40 25.97%

Results. 17 11.04%

Total:154

Seeing the droughts of the wii u and how they hadnt released a real big game for it scince Xenoblade X last year, im shocked that the switchs rumored launch is still looking so lacklusting. Zelda STILL not on launch? Bunch of Wii U Ports/3DS Ports? Thats it?

They hadnt released much this year at all and the last real big AAA game they had developed was probl Mario Kart 8 ?  The rest was most likely A-AA or lower. But still the Switch Launch doesnt really look that promising. So far the new 3D Mario game seem to be the only blockbuster, right?

As they basically stopped supporting the wii u by the end of last year I thought the Switch launch would be phenomenal. 

I donkt think the launch lineup is inferior to the competition (Ps4 Xbox one in 2013). But both companies hadnt stopped supporting their 7th gen system a year before launch. Sony even released The Last of Us on Ps3 some month pre Ps4 launch.

Also as far as I know, Nintendos development teams are still small in comparison. Usually ~50 people are working on most games and 100-150 people on AAA games like Zelda, Mario Kart and 3D Mario. Compared to the competitions 300-500 people (Witcher, Assassins Creed, Halo, Destiny, Uncharted) this seems to be a low number. Maybe not enough for efficient HD development?

Imagine they wouldnt have Zelda moved to a crossgen release. The first year wouldnt be THAT great (if the rumors are entire). Im still excited what new retros studio game will look like though.

Around the Network

It sure seems that way, yeah. I wish they weren't; I want more games >:o

We still don't know the launch lineup so I think it's too early to make a claim like that.

Teeqoz said:
We still don't know the launch lineup so I think it's too early to make a claim like that.

yeah its just based on the rumors. But rumors were very, very, accurate in the past if we consider the eurogamer NX leak or Ps4 Neo leaks. I think its hard to keep secrets these days.

BotW is getting a WiiU release so Nintendo's support is not over yet and if Kimishima's word is to be trusted, Nintendo's been working on making sure the Switch has a good launch so... We shall see.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
BotW is getting a WiiU release so Nintendo's support is not over yet and if Kimishima's word is to be trusted, Nintendo's been working on making sure the Switch has a good launch so... We shall see.

a game that was promised to be released in 2015. 

omgfk said:
Teeqoz said:

yeah its just based on the rumors. But rumors were very, very, accurate in the past if we consider the eurogamer NX leak or Ps4 Neo leaks. I think its hard to keep secrets these days.

What has Eurogamer said about the launch lineup?

The answer is yes.

Certainly in the Wii U's lifecycle.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Yes.... Id honestly love it if Nintendo went on a hireing spree and got more people, because I think they might actually be needing it.