By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I like Playstation so much more than Xbox or Nintendo.

Do PS4 players have the most diverse tastes, overall?

Yes 162 57.65%

No 102 36.30%

See results 17 6.05%

Total:281
Captain_Yuri said:
I think that most gamers are biased against hentai gamers since no lists seem to ever include them

There is a big difference between anime and hentai. There are plenty of people here excited for Persona 5 and Gravity Rush. As for hentai, Jizzbeard would surely have included them.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

If you only own one console the PS4 probably offers the most diverse library, with the least droughts.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Dr.Vita said:

Diversity is the reason why PC is the best place to play!!!

Fixed that. ;)

Dr.Vita said:

This thread is so true, I completely agree with you on any point! 
Diversity is the reason why Playstation is the best place to play!!!

Tbh, my main problem with my PS4 is that I feel like I'm always shooting stuff xD. I mean, Uncharted 4, ROTR, GTAV, Bloodborne, Destiny, The Order, Bordeelands 2, The Last of Us... I mean, I like those games. But I've played them on a row and I notice that the ammount of shooting is a bit tiresome at times.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Tbh, my main problem with my PS4 is that I feel like I'm always shooting stuff xD. I mean, Uncharted 4, ROTR, GTAV, Bloodborne, Destiny, The Order, Bordeelands 2, The Last of Us... I mean, I like those games. But I've played them on a row and I notice that the ammount of shooting is a bit tiresome at times.

That's probably because you're buying mostly shooters. And Bloodborne in that list? Did you buy Gravity Rush? Tearaway Unfolded? LBP3? Until Dawn?

I received this week Root Letter and Steins;Gate 0 (VN), I'm finishing Neptunia Rebirth 1 (JRPG), and trying not to buy all the big western games like The Witcher, Titanfall or others with the Black Friday deals. You have almost all the big games, and a lot of smaller niche games in exclusivity.

Yes, Playstation is where you have the most diverse games, and that's why I'm mostly a Playstation gamer.

(PC excepted, different debate)

EDIT: Well, I received God Eater 2 too this morning! (Monster hunter like) 

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

That's probably because you're buying mostly shooters. And Bloodborne in that list? Did you buy Gravity Rush? Tearaway Unfolded? LBP3? Until Dawn?

I have yet to play Tearaway Unfolded, but I really don't have interest in LBP3. I watched some gameplays and I think level design is... way worse than the previous games, and that's a shame. But Tearaway looks nice. Don't get me wrong, the games on thah list have shooting in some may(even Bloodborne) but they are diverse. I mean Borderlands is not close enough to The Order for example. I'm just pointing at the existence of gunplay, in one way or another, in a lot of AAA games in the market. 

Also, I'd say that probably the 90% of them have a dark, realistic tone. I think gaming market needs to lighten up. The more cartoony games are relegated to indie, probably some low profile games and Nintendo. Except for some exceptions like TLG, which I can't wait to play. That's also one of the reasons I'm enjoying Overwatch a lot. 

Volterra_90 said:

Don't forget Ratchet and Clank or Helldivers ;)

Try Tearaway! Or Gravity Rush. The Last Guardian should be good, too.

Too many to list here, but if you're genuinely tired of shooters, there are plenty of options.

VAMatt said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I don't know. I think a lot of PS super-users prop up games from niche genres and developers for list wars, but the majority of PS4 owners buy 8-10 games, most of them Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Madden, FIFA, etc.

It is objectively true that most PS4 owners by those mega AAA games, just like XBox owners.  But, I don't see any evidence to support the claim that PS owners buy any games simply to prop up genres for "list wars".  

The fact of the matter is, PS systems have enjoyed more equal distribution throughout the world, whereas Xbox has been largely a westen thing.  So, it would naturally follow that PS would get more varied software, to fit the more varied user base.  

In same ways, Nintendo is in a different place.  They're really not directly competing with Sony and MS, so they're harder to fit into this paradigm.  

No no, not buying them. Listing them in list wars threads to demonstrate some kind of superiority. The fact is that most consumers, regardless of brand, buy a few high-profile games for their system of choice. People on this site are rare indeed.

Also, you have folks who play exclusively on Sony systems in this thread arguing their platform has a deeper library...well, duh, it's the only one they bothered to dive deeply in to.