By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I like Playstation so much more than Xbox or Nintendo.

Do PS4 players have the most diverse tastes, overall?

Yes 162 57.65%

No 102 36.30%

See results 17 6.05%

Total:281
Ruler said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well no. That's why I think a better dichotomy is experimental/adventurous gamers vs. casually-interested gamers (which make up the vast majority of fans of all systems). That's a lot more relevant to this conversation than Sony vs. Microsoft vs. Nintendo.

what do you mean?

What I mean is let's stop using this thread as a dick-measuring contest and celebrate folks who actually experiment with all systems, all genres.

Instead of sustaining the canard that Sony equals diversity, Microsoft equals shooters, and Nintendo equals kids' games. It's just console wars bullshit.

Around the Network
naruball said:
PenguinZ said:
There's no doubt that PlayStation and Sony in general has good diversity, however Nintendo systems have a ton of diversity in their library as well...

I don't think Ninty has anything that can be compared to Journey, Heavy Rain, Flower, Beyond, Until Dawn, Infamous, Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, and Uncharted/The Last of Us. Don't forget all the RPGS and other Japanese games released on ps4 and not on Wiiu or most ninty home consoles.

LOL, nintendo have Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Kirby, Fatal Frame(Nintendo co-own the IP now), Mario Kart, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, Tank Troopers, CodeName Steam, Animal Crossing, Ever Oasis, Star Fox, Metroid but yeah they don't come close to Sony by your bias opinion. 

lionpetercarmoo said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, obviously the PlayStation consoles are going to be more diverse when they sell more. I am mainly a PlayStation fan because I grew up with the PS1 and PS2 and still love them dearly.

What you said makes no sense.

OT: You are correct Playstation fans buy Anime,Shooting,Fighting,Roleplay e.t.c while the other competition doesn't. Anyone who says Playstation people are not the most diverse are in denial as its a fact.

How doesn't it? If there are more sales there will obviously be more games, increasing the likelihood of a more diverse lineup.

HoangNhatAnh said:
naruball said:

I don't think Ninty has anything that can be compared to Journey, Heavy Rain, Flower, Beyond, Until Dawn, Infamous, Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, and Uncharted/The Last of Us. Don't forget all the RPGS and other Japanese games released on ps4 and not on Wiiu or most ninty home consoles.

LOL, nintendo have Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Kirby, Fatal Frame(Nintendo co-own the IP now), Mario Kart, Pandora's Tower, The Last Story, Tank Troopers, CodeName Steam, Animal Crossing, Ever Oasis, Star Fox, Metroid but yeah they don't come close to Sony by your bias opinion. 

bwahaha. Ok, it's my bias. Clearly. Well done. Argument 10/10.

Instead of making a random list of games, how about addressing my actual point?

naruball said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Well what is your point? The same can be said about you, you just posted a random list of games as well

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
naruball said:

Well what is your point? The same can be said about you, you just posted a random list of games as well

I most certainly did not post a random list of games at all. If you don't know what those games are about, then perhaps you'd get that impression. In that case I'd advise you to look them up.

naruball said:
I love how non ps fans like to only look at the top 10 to argue for lack of diversity. Sure, because everything out of the top 10 doesn't count. That's some weird logic right there, but not surprising at all.

Just because casual gamers buy shooters and sports doesn't mean there isn't a huge number of people who buy enough copies of other genres to make them successful.

Take a look at the top 100, it tells the story as the top 10.

74/100 belong to Shooter, Sports, Action

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

naruball said:
zorg1000 said:

I most certainly did not post a random list of games at all. If you don't know what those games are about, then perhaps you'd get that impression. In that case I'd advise you to look them up.

I do know what the list is about, its to show the diverse lineup of Playstation IP...........just like he showed the diverse lineup of Nintendo IP.

You guys did the same thing.

This disguised war is so shitty, "these fans are better than these fans cause we play these games" everybody is different and the generalization is stupid, playstation fans, xbox fans, nintendo fans, pc fans <--- not some kind of cult or race. I know this is the internet but this is too much, grow up guys

Volterra_90 said:
Tbh, my main problem with my PS4 is that I feel like I'm always shooting stuff xD. I mean, Uncharted 4, ROTR, GTAV, Bloodborne, Destiny, The Order, Bordeelands 2, The Last of Us... I mean, I like those games. But I've played them on a row and I notice that the ammount of shooting is a bit tiresome at times.

You could buy a Nintendo DS and play all the fps games on that in a row too... there is a lot of them on it but would you come away from buying fps and playing them back to back to think that the DS had only FPS games on it? That is so strange, would be like if someone bought a ps4 today and just bought all the versions of Pro Evo and Fifa and then returned the console as it only had football games. Just... weird.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive