By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I like Playstation so much more than Xbox or Nintendo.

Do PS4 players have the most diverse tastes, overall?

Yes 162 57.65%

No 102 36.30%

See results 17 6.05%

Total:281
zorg1000 said:
naruball said:

I most certainly did not post a random list of games at all. If you don't know what those games are about, then perhaps you'd get that impression. In that case I'd advise you to look them up.

I do know what the list is about, its to show the diverse lineup of Playstation IP...........just like he showed the diverse lineup of Nintendo IP.

You guys did the same thing.

When it comes to games like Heavy Rain at least you are looking at a massive budget and a feeling that you are taking part in a movie (for better or worse) just in terms of graphics and voice acting which is put into that game, just watch a scene or two from it and then see what on a Nintendo system offers an experience like that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Halo 5 (fps), Gears (tps),Forza(racing sim), Forza Horizon (Racing arcade), Killer Instinct (fighting),Dead Rising 3 & 4 (sandbox game), Quantum Break (Action Adventure). Xbox has a lot of diversity. When Sea of thieves,scalebound and halo wars come out we will have an rts, rpg and mmo games. So far Microsoft has been doing their job.

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

That's probably because you're buying mostly shooters. And Bloodborne in that list? Did you buy Gravity Rush? Tearaway Unfolded? LBP3? Until Dawn?

I have yet to play Tearaway Unfolded, but I really don't have interest in LBP3. I watched some gameplays and I think level design is... way worse than the previous games, and that's a shame. But Tearaway looks nice. Don't get me wrong, the games on thah list have shooting in some may(even Bloodborne) but they are diverse. I mean Borderlands is not close enough to The Order for example. I'm just pointing at the existence of gunplay, in one way or another, in a lot of AAA games in the market. 

Also, I'd say that probably the 90% of them have a dark, realistic tone. I think gaming market needs to lighten up. The more cartoony games are relegated to indie, probably some low profile games and Nintendo. Except for some exceptions like TLG, which I can't wait to play. That's also one of the reasons I'm enjoying Overwatch a lot. 

Yeah, I understand. About your 2nd point I'd argue that even some of the non-cartoony games aren't dark like Uncharted or Horizon. What I like with the PS is that it's a variety of gameplay and art style.

In my opinion you can't say your tastes are diverse if you only stick to 1 console maker.

zorg1000 said:
naruball said:

I most certainly did not post a random list of games at all. If you don't know what those games are about, then perhaps you'd get that impression. In that case I'd advise you to look them up.

I do know what the list is about, its to show the diverse lineup of Playstation IP...........just like he showed the diverse lineup of Nintendo IP.

Then you clearly missed the point. I did not mention all the games that ps4 has, only some that make the console unique. My point wasn't that ps4 offers plenty of genres (which it does), but specifically that if someone wants a game like Until Dawn, the only place to get it is on ps4. That's a type of game you don't find anywhere else. I was asking if anyone could give me examples of similar games on a Ninty console. Making a list of games that wiiu (and 3ds for some bizzare reason) has is not addressing my point.

It's like saying "hey does your school offer any racket sports?". And the answer being "actually it offers baskeball and volleyball, and football, and ...". That doesn't answer my question at all. Sure my school has volleyball too, but I'm interested in tennis which my school also offers and if I were to switch (no pun intended) schools, I'd like to see what racket sports your school offers.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Volterra_90 said:
Tbh, my main problem with my PS4 is that I feel like I'm always shooting stuff xD. I mean, Uncharted 4, ROTR, GTAV, Bloodborne, Destiny, The Order, Bordeelands 2, The Last of Us... I mean, I like those games. But I've played them on a row and I notice that the ammount of shooting is a bit tiresome at times.

You could buy a Nintendo DS and play all the fps games on that in a row too... there is a lot of them on it but would you come away from buying fps and playing them back to back to think that the DS had only FPS games on it? That is so strange, would be like if someone bought a ps4 today and just bought all the versions of Pro Evo and Fifa and then returned the console as it only had football games. Just... weird.

I feel like I wordes it very poorly. You're totally right about that. My point is that a large percentage of the high profile games of the console (and with that I mean highly acclaimed, AAA games) involves shooting. You can totally find games that don't have gunplay, but it seems that the vast majority are restricted to low/mid-budget games. I'm not trying to say low-budget games are bad. As a matter of fact, some indie games are my favourite this gen xD. Buying all those games in a row is totally on me. But it doesn't change the fact that companies in general o ut most of their money in dark, mature, shooting games. And it kind of feel a bit uninspired. Although some of those games are brilliant imo, there's "too much shooting" . Clearly it's not the DS case, you can say the opposite really. Most of the high profile DS games don't have shooting in them. That's what I think Nintendo is necessary for me, since they provide a welcome counter-balance.

naruball said:
zorg1000 said:

Then you clearly missed the point. I did not mention all the games that ps4 has, only some that make the console unique. My point wasn't that ps4 offers plenty of genres (which it does), but specifically that if someone wants a game like Until Dawn, the only place to get it is on ps4. That's a type of game you don't find anywhere else. I was asking if anyone could give me examples of similar games on a Ninty console. Making a list of games that wiiu (and 3ds for some bizzare reason) has is not addressing my point.

It's like saying "hey does your school offer any racket sports?". And the answer being "actually it offers baskeball and volleyball, and football, and ...". That doesn't answer my question at all. Sure my school has volleyball too, but I'm interested in tennis which my school also offers and if I were to switch (no pun intended) schools, I'd like to see what racket sports your school offers.

Well obviously you didnt list all the games PS4 has, just like he didnt list all the games Nintendo has.

Also there is nothing weird about adding 3DS games as this thread never states its about home consoles, the OP divides them between Playstation, Xbox & Nintendo, not Wii U.

But you are correct that Playstation offers game experiences that are unique to their ecosystem, but the same thing can be said about Xbox & Nintendo as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
naruball said:
I love how non ps fans like to only look at the top 10 to argue for lack of diversity. Sure, because everything out of the top 10 doesn't count. That's some weird logic right there, but not surprising at all.

Just because casual gamers buy shooters and sports doesn't mean there isn't a huge number of people who buy enough copies of other genres to make them successful.

Take a look at the top 100, it tells the story as the top 10.

74/100 belong to Shooter, Sports, Action

Why would I when it is misleading? Not only does it not include games like Journey because they are digital, it also does not include games that sell well enough to guarantee sequels or similar games but not well enough to make the top 100. What does it matter how much they sell if the ps4 owner has the option to buy them? If they didn't sell well at all, they simply wouldn't be made. They are niche games but the point is that they exist.

It's like disregarding all music because what sells most is pop singers.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

OP created one opinion thread, made a poll , gave us good points and in the end said

"There are exceptions. These generalizations don't fit all Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft game players. But overall, I think I am correct."

Why people see this as an attack and got all upsed.

I dont really see anybody taking it as an attack or getting upset, i see people coming up with counterpoints to support why they believe he is incorrect.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS players buy mostly shooters and sports games, so that assessment is way off.

Not that it matters. Like what you like.