By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover coming to PS4, X1, Switch and PC early 2017

Screamapillar said:
Nifty. Depending on price, changes from original, how it runs on Switch vs Wii U, I may pick it up. It's certainly a good thing to see Switch getting multiplatform XB1/PS4 titles.

except its not, this is simply a Wii U port

Around the Network

Looks like a port to me

Didn't realize this was only on the Wii U before

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

d21lewis said:
If they can fix those load times (and I'm sure they will), they have a winner!

Yeah that was my only issue with the game. Glad other people will get a chance to play it.

Sweet. Now I don't have to get a Wii U. Was planning on getting one when they dropped to $199, but that never happened. This game was one of the reasons. Can't wait to play it on my PS4. Hope they have Native 4K Pro support, too.

Pretty cool news actually. This will be the second, former Wii-U exclusive I have on my PS4. Will get it eventually. Hope it's enhanced in some way, but I'll swallow a direct port if the $$$ is right.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Turkish said:

how do u know that, i was getting it for wii u to complete my collection

Agreed, the last week has really soured me on Nintendo. I spent some of my last eurocents to get games like Splatoon and Smash Bros when they came out, and they'll soon be depopulated. If only I had waited...

Yeah, I guess you had the same opinions about all the Ps3 games that were re-released on Ps4 1-5 years later.  I guess you also think Ps3 legacy is dead and you must have waited years for the Ps4. Oh wait, I forgot  that narrative is only used with Nintendo because reasons.

I feel really bad for all that people that bought a Nes, all its games are everywhere now, if only they had waited...

Totally agree.

KLXVER said:
Turkish said:

Agreed, the last week has really soured me on Nintendo. I spent some of my last eurocents to get games like Splatoon and Smash Bros when they came out, and they'll soon be depopulated. If only I had waited...

Well then dont buy the Switch in case the next Nintendo console get Switch ports...

Great one. :D

Barozi said:
eh no co-op? Saw a video review when it came out but must've forgotten it.
Certainly not going to get it if it doesn't support co-op. It's basically the only thing my gf would consider playing with me and I'm not playing them alone.
With that being said I didn't spend more than 6€ on each The Hobbit, Lego Movie and Marvel Superheroes. I wouldn't pay more than that for Undercover either.

Original game doesn't have co-op, but maybe this new version will have..

thismeintiel said:
Sweet. Now I don't have to get a Wii U. Was planning on getting one when they dropped to $199, but that never happened. This game was one of the reasons. Can't wait to play it on my PS4. Hope they have Native 4K Pro support, too.

There is no sense to buy Wii U for $199 at this point beacuse most of best Wii U games will be ported to Switch that will most likly have price of $249. But if you want to buy Wii U and hacked it, that's totally different story, because you not just Wii U and Wii games for free, but GC, N64, SNES and NES also..

Oh sweet, Lego City in 60 fps! I already have the game and I love it, but the kinda low framerate always turned me off a bit. I never measured it, but I have the feeling it drops below 30 fps quite often. Will get this for PC. =)

Couldn't care less about exclusive or not.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mess at people worrying about what other platforms a game find itself 4 years after release.

Buy a game, Play it, Enjoy it. I think thats job done, but thats just me. Having said that I'm currently skipping Sun/Moon to see if Stars is real ^_^

spurgeonryan said:
Conina said:

And as a multiplatform game it would have sold multiple times of one million units.

• LEGO Batman 2 (2012) sold over 6 million units
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (2013) sold over 9 million units
  • The LEGO Movie Video Game (2014) sold over 5 million units

The LCU-exclusivity was a good deal for Nintendo, but a bad deal for Traveler's Tales.

You will get no arguments from me.

It would have done great as a multiplate. But the Wii U version would have struggled and maybe not even have been rewarded a players choice spot.

It could have done great as a multi-plat. Why would the Wii U struggle? maybe it could have sold more as it would of been advertised with the Ps4 & Xbox1, so reaching a bigger audience maybe selling more Wii U's.

Bandorr said:
Very high chance of it being a port. Interesting to see it being ported to multiple devices.

Wonder why they made this lego game exclusive. Wow it has no co op multiplayer? Huge pass.

It's Lego GTA. Very very good game even without co-op.

Great that it will be put out to a bigger audience. Now maybe Wii u games can relate to Vita owners a bit more when most of its best titles lost exclusivity.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.