By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lego City Undercover coming to PS4, X1, Switch and PC early 2017

I didn't buy it on Wii U so this is good news .

It looks like they might want to create a franchise out of this. Maybe a multiplatform sequel is coming soon.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Strange.... why do it now after all those years?Well, hopefully it gets some good extra sales.

Probably because it's an easy way to support the Switch to the get go. And if they are making the efford on the Switch port, why not just port it to everything else?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

twintail said:
Nautilus said:
Strange.... why do it now after all those years?Well, hopefully it gets some good extra sales.

exclusitivty period has expired perhaps?

Wonder what is next.. Bayo 2?

Doesn't Nintendo technically own half of the game?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yay. Wanted this one for a while!

Together with my kids, Lego city undercover is our most played game on the WiiU at over 400 hours combined. Best lego game imo. It needs a sequel, not a port...
If it's a port I guess they'll need to make a few small changes for the gamepad usage.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Nautilus said:

exclusitivty period has expired perhaps?

Wonder what is next.. Bayo 2?

Bayo 2 wont happen, since Nintendo funded it.(might happen a Switch port though)

For Lego City, Nintendo did publish it, so probably the exclusivity period did end.Who really knows at this point?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

markodeniro said:
I had the U since launch, have about 60 games. If 1 more game gets ported to Switch or ps4xbox1 i will not get Switch.

PC ports are ok though?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

SvennoJ said:
Together with my kids, Lego city undercover is our most played game on the WiiU at over 400 hours combined. Best lego game imo. It needs a sequel, not a port...
If it's a port I guess they'll need to make a few small changes for the gamepad usage.

My guess is that this is a push for a sequel later on.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Nautilus said:

Because it's really great game and because they can. :)

Maybe they preparing market for Lego City Undercover 2..

markodeniro said:
I had the U since launch, have about 60 games. If 1 more game gets ported to Switch or ps4xbox1 i will not get Switch.

Out of curiosity, why?

I can understand (to a certain extend) people who is complaining about the MK8 and SSB4 ports because it would be the first time Nintendo does this and because part of the players will move, draining the multiplayer audience. But how does this game port affect your experience?

An I say it as a WiiU owner that probably won't buy the Switch, at least in its first years (I simply don't have enough time to play nowadays, so I'm not sure of being able to make enough use of a new console).