By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS4 Pro Support - The Witness

The Witness' PS4 Pro Update Out Now - Here's What it Does

The Witness has been updated to take advantage of PS4 Pro's extra power. The recently-released patch benefits owners of both 1080p and 4K TVs.

If you're playing the Witness on a 1080p set, you can enjoy native 1080p, up from 900p before. It will continue to play at a smooth 60 FPS.

If you own a 4K TV, meanwhile, you get two options. Option one: you can play the puzzler with the world rendered in 1440p upscaled to 4K, UI at native 4K, all at 60 FPS. Option two: everything at native 4K and 30 FPS.

Creator Jonathan Blow also confirmed his game will support HDR TVs.

We loved The Witness here at GameSpot--critic Mike Mahardy awarded it a 9. Check out our full The Witness review. Alternatively, take a look at our list of every PS4 Pro game that is and isn't getting an upgrade patch.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witness-ps4-pro-update-out-now-heres-what-it-d/1100-6445604/

Around the Network

Very cool options. Native 4K at 30 frames would be my go-to.

PS4 = 900p 60fps
PS4pro = 1440p 60fps or native 4k 30fps.

Guitarguy said:
Very cool options. Native 4K at 30 frames would be my go-to.

Agreed Nice options btw

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

twintail said:
I feel like all devs need to allow a 60fps option (for the SP portion of games), and then the bells and whistle options if a player chooses.

How about games with dynamic resolution, like Titanfall 2 where you can get a 60fps on all consoles even if at extremely stressful times it can go as low as 480p, would you think it would be a good idea to just always have that option there, [] 60fps (no matter what) considering how well Titanfall manages it on even the base model PS4 and X1 I think that option would be pretty cool to have rather than games dying to get to be 1080p locked but having framerates just go mental at times of stress, I would much rather if resolution was the one to take the hit before fps.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
twintail said:
I feel like all devs need to allow a 60fps option (for the SP portion of games), and then the bells and whistle options if a player chooses.

That can only happen if the PS4 version is already running at 60fps or an unlocked framerate that can at least hit 60fps sometimes. If the PS4 original is barely doing 30fps then no amount of Pro patch will get that up to 60fps

Been interested in getting The Witness and this will likely have me do it!

4K with 30fps will be my option I think, shame there has not been a physical release for the game yet as I tend to prefer owning the disk than a download (personal preference)

Amazing!

Excellent news! Great support for a great title!

I'll wait until he changes his mind about psvr support.
All his arguments against it can be solved.