By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More PS4 Pro Support - The Witness

Now work on an PSVR patch, please.

Around the Network

The 1080p mode uses 4xMSAA instead of 2xMSAA on OG PS4.

Quite a noticeable difference between both modes. Much less aliasing using 4xMSAA

twintail said:
Intrinsic said:

That can only happen if the PS4 version is already running at 60fps or an unlocked framerate that can at least hit 60fps sometimes. If the PS4 original is barely doing 30fps then no amount of Pro patch will get that up to 60fps

If it is not possible due to elements in the games design then I would totally understand. Dont get me wrong, if it is next to impossible to offer a 60fs option then that is fine. But if it is possible I think the added option for gamers would be welcome.

Look at it this way. A game on the PS4b (base) running at 60fps. Ot at least an unlocked framerate where it averages 45-60fps or even say it averages 40-45fps internally but gets locked to 30fps will be able to run at a locked 60fps on the Pro. That's because the CPU and GPU tasks scales properly. 

Now for a game that struggles to and for the most part runs at 30fps on the PS4b, will need a CPU that can at the very least run my own of the CPU based tasks 40-60% faster. And a GPU that can flat out do everything twice as fast. With very little room for resolution bumps. 

The most we will get are games that run at either the same framerate (though more smoothly) at 30fps with significant resolution bumps, or games running with slightly better rez bumps but with an unlocked framerate that could give an all round smoother game. But if the framrate jumps too much the devs may feel it better to just lock it down. 

Squall_Leonhart said:
Been interested in getting The Witness and this will likely have me do it!

4K with 30fps will be my option I think, shame there has not been a physical release for the game yet as I tend to prefer owning the disk than a download (personal preference)

World has gone insane? The Witness is a collection of sudoku puzzles, it could run on ZX Spectrum or something, and ppl are excited to get it for the latest and greatest console..

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.