By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Xbox One Now Outselling The PS4?

Jega said:
Intrinsic said:

Wait.... did the PS4s just stop to exist?

Look at it this way, if in october MS sold 250k XB1s and sony sold 200k PS4s, whst that tells you is that right now there are still 200k people willing to buy the cheaper PS4 while however many are waiting to buy the PS4pro.

So now in November you will still have all those that would typically have gone for a $300 console (yes, the PS4s is also $300) in addition to those that want to buy a $400 PS4pro.

Still think XB1s is gonna win November and December? 

Yes.

Then you either didn't read anything I said or you have refused to think about it. 

There are two PS4 SKUs in the market now. Not one. TWO. I would really like to see what you would say when December npd comes out. 

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Intrinsic said:

Marketing has the least to do with this. Its not rrwlly that hard if you just looked at all thats going on. 

Lol, and marketing isn't even how the Ps4 got to where it is today.  MS just made a lot of very very very very stupid decisions. Almost like they were living in a bubble. 

Yes, MS's stupid decisions which Sony took advantage of. Sony then tripped up at times and MS took advantage then.

When or how has Sony tripped up? That you feel MS is taking advantage of?

What's going on here? is it that you guys have absolutely no idea what's been going on these last 3 months?

Ka-pi96 said:
Firstly, as far as I`m aware it`s only outselling the PS4 in like 3 countries and still can`t match it worldwide.

Secondly, people have probably been waiting for the PS4 Pro to release.

Yes and yes. 

/Thread

Carl2291 said:
They actually put the effort in, fixed mistakes, offered backwards compatibility, offered great value for money and continued to release good quality titles for the platform without relying completely on 3rd parties.

In short, because they deserve it.

Totally right. I've been dumping on Xbox for three years, but I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. Microsoft has done everything right lately: offering a cheap, slim model that doubles as a 4K Blu-Ray player, backward compatibility, bundling new games with prequels, reinvesting in first party content, and killing it with GWG.

The success of Microsoft is proof positive of why competition is good for the industry.

I believe November will be close in the US but globally Sony will win big. Microsoft seems to have better deals thru the year and on Black Friday but they really don't have a choice. Sony doesn't really need to win the US and the U.K. Just staying close in sales is all they needed to do and in fact they have (total to date) sales leads in both countries. Worldwide total sales is the important figure to look at not just two or three countries. Competition is good for all and I have both consoles but not looking at Worldwide figures when talking about systems sold is just being in denial. Happy Gaming!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Bandorr said:

Even though DQ builders and WoFF aren't selling consoles - they are still games worth mentioning. DQ builders is for best family game at one of the swards, and WoFF is considered (at least until FF15) game of the year by several people.

I didn't mention those because they aren't Sony's own releases.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think there's some legitimacy in Slade's point. As someone who's been squarely in the PS camp all generation, I feel that Microsoft has lept ahead in the last three months.

Lept ahead? Nah. At least not for me. As I stated, their releases can be obtained without picking up their console, so it negates any advantages there. They've just been very good at timing deals with key releases and that is why they have secured NPD wins.

Then again, this leaves the topic of just how Sony has "gotten lazy".

Well, yes, clearly not for you. But I'm attempting to channel the thinking of the average Joe out there who sees a cheap 4K Blu-ray player with Gears of War and Forza Horizon and compares it to a platform pushing expensive, not-ready-for-primetime VR. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think there's some legitimacy in Slade's point. As someone who's been squarely in the PS camp all generation, I feel that Microsoft has lept ahead in the last three months.

I think its too early to say MS has "leapt" ahead of anything. Regardless of these wins, i think sony is still ahead of them by iver a million in NA. 

I also think that if we look at all the events of the last 3/4 months it's really easy to see why the XB1s is selling better. New sku, big titles, price drops, fire sales..... all those things should no doubt equate to better sales. 

Let's see what happens in November and December. Cause in those months a Sony win could very well negate every win ms has had this far And then when we get to January when things slow down again, if sony goes back to winning then it was all for naught. 

MS has been swinging hard these past months while Sony has just watched. Now they are both gonna be swinging. so I think we all should wait for November and December npd. 

CGI-Quality said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Well, yes, clearly not for you. But I'm attempting to channel the thinking of the average Joe out there who sees a cheap 4K Blu-ray player with Gears of War and Forza Horizon and compares it to a platform pushing expensive, not-ready-for-primetime VR. 

"As someone who's been squarely in the PS camp all generation, I feel that Microsoft has lept ahead in the last three months."

Like my statement, that's pertaining to a personal standpoint. Plus, once more, Slade agreed with a comment that says Sony has gotten lazy, but I've yet to see how. Both have released games, newer machines, and have had price drops.

We can credit the Xbox's recent fortunes without slighting their competition.

Yes, and based on sales, most consumers have been squarely in the PS camp all generation. Thus my personal opinion is attempting to channel the thinking of the average consumer who bought the PS4 because it was cheaper and had bigger games.

I didn't say anything about laziness...

Intrinsic said:
KLAMarine said:

Yes, MS's stupid decisions which Sony took advantage of. Sony then tripped up at times and MS took advantage then.

When or how has Sony tripped up? That you feel MS is taking advantage of?

What's going on here? is it that you guys have absolutely no idea what's been going on these last 3 months?

First it was the debacle that was No Man's Sky which Sony put its marketing behind. Then it was Sony's restrictive modding policy with regards to Bethesda's Fallout 4 and Skyrim games. Microsoft has been less restrictive in that regard. Then the PS4Pro not being able to play 4K Blurays which the XB1S can, Microsoft made sure to emphasize. Also, the PS4Pro being weaker specs-wise than the upcoming Scorpio, Microsoft doing a better job of implementing backwards compatibility, and even Microsoft claiming their gaming network is the better one (not sure how true that is).

Also, if memory serves (no pun intended), external storage on the PS4 and PS4 Pro is a hassle compared to the X1.

Jega said:

PS4 has been outselling the Xbox One since November 2013. Since Microsoft released the Xbox One S, Xbox One has been outselling the PS4.

Now I am not totally surprised by this as I knew a redesign would spark some sales, but I didn't think sales would have spiked this high.

Why do you think Xbox One is now outselling the PS4?

PS4 never stopped outselling xb1 by a long shot unless you're referring to globally in the US in which case Microsoft has won about 25% of the time here in the states. 

And actually you should be extremely surprised with how this generation is going, considering you thought the Xbox would have a global lead over ps4 by this holiday, solely from sales in the US.

Globally in the US.