By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is Xbox One Now Outselling The PS4?

Intrinsic said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think there's some legitimacy in Slade's point. As someone who's been squarely in the PS camp all generation, I feel that Microsoft has lept ahead in the last three months.

I think its too early to say MS has "leapt" ahead of anything. Regardless of these wins, i think sony is still ahead of them by iver a million in NA. 

I also think that if we look at all the events of the last 3/4 months it's really easy to see why the XB1s is selling better. New sku, big titles, price drops, fire sales..... all those things should no doubt equate to better sales. 

Let's see what happens in November and December. Cause in those months a Sony win could very well negate every win ms has had this far And then when we get to January when things slow down again, if sony goes back to winning then it was all for naught. 

MS has been swinging hard these past months while Sony has just watched. Now they are both gonna be swinging. so I think we all should wait for November and December npd. 

Yeah, we agree. The last three months Microsoft left ahead because of bundles, big game launches, discounts, etc. That's what I've been saying all thread: Microsoft is doing well because of exclusive content, new hardware that's relatively cheap, and bundles that include backward compatible games. How else would you explain Microsoft's success?

Around the Network
Jega said:

PS4 has been outselling the Xbox One since November 2013. Since Microsoft released the Xbox One S, Xbox One has been outselling the PS4.

Now I am not totally surprised by this as I knew a redesign would spark some sales, but I didn't think sales would have spiked this high.

Why do you think Xbox One is now outselling the PS4?

Where? Globally in the US?

CGI-Quality said:

Well said. Seems we get these sorts of topics and viewpoins each Holiday, only to get to January and see that, once more, the situation wasn't quite so cut and dry.

Third time's the charm

That phrase will probably never matter more than it does now to these 8th gen consoles. Being that this is both their thrid holiday. 

Last three times we got the same from the MS camo around the holidays. Same stories about sonys holiday lineup being weak. So stories about ms winning g black Friday or November or December. Then January comes along and it's back to Sony winning for the next 10 months. 

And on the Sony camp, same let's wait for November and December. same winning a few months every year doesn't put you ahead. Same look at the global numbers. Same let's wait till January when things slow down and sales aren't being padded by other things then we see how the sales landscape really is. 

This has all happened twice before. and it's happenning again. Let's see which one sticks now. 

be rest assured though, it will happen next year too. when the scorpio is released lol. 

JEGA IS MY BOY!!!! DON'T YOU FUCKING ARGUE WITH HIM.

WE ARE JEGA WE ARE LEGION

Cheap as chips bundles and people waiting for the Pro. It will end soon.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

A lot of the sales probably come from "double dipping". I own TWO Xbox One consoles but I kinda want an S. The "Upscale everything"feature is tempting.

Jega is the god of vgchartz.

CGI-Quality said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Yes, and based on sales, most consumers have been squarely in the PS camp all generation. Thus my personal opinion is attempting to channel the thinking of the average consumer who bought the PS4 because it was cheaper and had bigger games.

I didn't say anything about laziness...

But you quoted my response to someone who was specifically referring to that (even going as far as saying that he had a point). So now, I don't know why you quoted me to begin with. 

Yeah I said Slade had a point (about the Xbox lineup vis-a-vis the PlayStation lineup for the holidays), and I quoted you because you made an opposing point that both MS and PS had weak holiday lineups. Then I wrote that as someone who has preferred Sony for 33 months I've preferred Xbox for the last 3 months because of big game releases and bundles. So my argument was that MS has been killing it over the last 90 days relative to Sony.

I was riffing off your response to Slade. Otherwise I would have just directly quoted Slade.

My account was hacked, it was not me that sent the previous message, CGI-Quality is already investigating the situation.

Let's rock... AND RIDE!!!

teigaga said:
Jega is the god of vgchartz.

Spurgeonryan said "Hi."