By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump does not want a salary, and the SJWs are going insane. America is bananas.

Tagged games:

Trump does not want a salary.

Attaboy Trump! =) Long live the Don! 111 85.38%

How dare he???? Impeachment now! 17 13.08%

Total:128

I thought that even if someone (whether it be Hillary, Trump, or literally any random person) were to do something good that it would be twisted into a negative somehow so this wasn't really surprising. I don't know if this was a positive though or if it was being done for good reasons. 

Edit: I've edited this comment to rewrite it as to more accurately portray what I meant to say at the time, as the original was poorly written. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 16 August 2021

Around the Network

I have no idea what those people are complaining about because if anything, this is good. It could probably be better if he donated his salary to some target he thinks deserves it, but this is still good. I don't like Trump at all, but this is a nice gesture from him.

Of course he does not want a salary. He doesnt need it.
I hope he donates it to charity organizations, like the Clinton foundation, just to troll.

Well he's a billionaire, so he doesn't really need the money. Anyways, I still don't get why SJW is an insult? How is it wrong to want to end racism, homophobia and sexism?

Are they "going insane" or are you grossly exaggerating once more so that this will fit into your agenda?

It took me only a few minutes to learn what this is about. It's in the constitution that the President take a salary, even if he donates it all. It's as simple as that. George Washington did accept a salary because Congress decided that the President had to take one so as not to create a different standard for wealthy and non-wealthy office holders.

Can't you even try to tell the whole story in your threads? Does it all have to be heavily biased propaganda?

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
He will still rob the poor and disabled and cut benefits.

How can you rob the poor when they have no money?

Snoopy said:
SegataSanshiro said:

How can you rob the poor when they have no money?

Poor doesn't mean no money.

VGPolyglot said:
Well he's a billionaire, so he doesn't really need the money. Anyways, I still don't get why SJW is an insult? How is it wrong to want to end racism, homophobia and sexism?

Nothing but it is wrong if you're trying to ban people from doing yoga, for example.

SegataSanshiro said:

Lets wait and see. Democrats tax/rob the poor, the penalty fees for not having health insurance is going to impact people already struggling financially.

I don't think Obamacare is going away completely, but it should become less of disaster that's being exploited.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Lawlight said:
VGPolyglot said:

Nothing but it is wrong if you're trying to ban people from doing yoga, for example.

That's a straw man: the vast majority do not advocate for such ridiculous things, but most people take those crazy people and act as if that's how everyone is. I am heavily against video game censorship (as I believe that even if games are sexist they are an important part of our history and will allow for easier historical analysis of modern-day culture), but still recognize the problems that many groups face.