By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump does not want a salary, and the SJWs are going insane. America is bananas.

Tagged games:

Trump does not want a salary.

Attaboy Trump! =) Long live the Don! 111 85.38%

How dare he???? Impeachment now! 17 13.08%

Total:128

Trump does not want a salary, and the SJWs are going insane. America is bananas.

While in places like Brazil it is tradition for millionaires and bilionaires to donate their public office salaries to charity , the USA are going crazy with the decision from the Don of refusing monetary compensation for serving as President.

The first president of the US, George Washington, also refused salary cause he was just too rich.

JFK never cashed his check either, he donate the whole thing.

(confirmed by Snopes, http://www.snopes.com/jfk-presidential-salary/)

But the SJW and the MSM are screaming bloody murder over this...

What is wrong with these people, this is just insane. Is there nothing left of the greatness America once had? 

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

There are just people who wish to complain about anything and everything.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Lol who cares whether he takes a salary or not. Its obviously because he has a big company and doesn't need the money.

Opponents of his are still reeling from losing the election. Many of the protestors and rioters and petitioners are simply sore losers who can't fathom that their candidate (Hillary) lost when she wasn't supposed to. Facebook, Google, and the mainstream media did everything in their power to sway voters and it's like the twilight zone dor them.

And no, I didn't vote for Trump. He's as vile as Hillary is. But I enjoy watching the people in the streets who can't accept this loss and move on like adults should.

lionpetercarmoo said:
Lol who cares whether he takes a salary or not. Its obviously because he has a big company and doesn't need the money.

The MSM cares, they are attacking Trump for not taking, saying he is going against constitution and that he not taking is "racist". CNN went full-blow bat-shit-crazy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Okie_Loki said:
Opponents of his are still reeling from losing the election. Many of the protestors and rioters and petitioners are simply sore losers who can't fathom that their candidate (Hillary) lost when she wasn't supposed to. Facebook, Google, and the mainstream media did everything in their power to sway voters and it's like the twilight zone dor them.

And no, I didn't vote for Trump. He's as vile as Hillary is. But I enjoy watching the people in the streets who can't accept this loss and move on like adults should.

Well, in a real democracy you wait 4 years and try it all over again. Not attack the current president for wanting to eat a steak dinner with his family or whatever =(

WagnerPaiva said:

Drumpf does not want a salary, and the SJWs are going insane. America is bananas.

While in places like Brazil it is tradition for millionaires and bilionaires to donate their public office salaries to charity , the USA are going crazy with the decision from the Don of refusing monetary compensation for serving as President.

The first president of the US, George Washington, also refused salary cause he was just too rich.

JFK never cashed his check either, he donate the whole thing.

(confirmed by Snopes, http://www.snopes.com/jfk-presidential-salary/)

But the SJW and the MSM are screaming bloody murder over this...

What is wrong with these people, this is just insane. Is there nothing left of the greatness America once had? 

I seriously have to ask based on your posts, do you uncritically accept whatever you see on some poorly edited youtube video that cherry picks quotes to make a dishonest argument?  Do you actually look into these things?

The article that he's quoting in the video does not show anyone "screaming bloody murder".  The article explains why there is a tradition of the president accepting his salary.  The reason for that is simply because they don't want to set the precedent.  The concept of the president receiving a salary is to ensure that he has enough money that he can't be easily tempted or bribed, and also to symbolically show he is an employee of the people.  Obviously, this isn't a big issue for Trump, and it hasn't been for pretty much any recent president.  

However, this might be an issue for a future president who is not already rich.  For that reason, they don't want it to become a tradition for the president to refuse his salary.  If it becomes a tradition, then there may be pressure on future presidents to also refuse the salary, which might discourage non-rich people from taking the office.

Nobody is really going crazy over this... except for you.  A few news sources have posted articles explaining in a reasonably sober manner why Trump should take a salary, and donate it to charity if he wishes".  Nobody is "screaming bloody murder" or saying ridiculous things like "is there nothing left of the greatness America once had".  The only one really overreacting is you.

I didn't see Fox News scream Bloody Murder over this?
Though the US president only earns $400k a year, why should he want that small amount?, Trump will be earning 100s of Millions if not Billions from being president by putting business his companies way

Please tell me this is a joke...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

He will still rob the poor and disabled and cut benefits.