By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Here are the nominees for The Game Awards 2016 !

http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Game of The Year

Doom

Inside

Overwatch

Titanfall 2

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Best Studio/Game Direction

Blizzard

Dice

ID Software

Naughty Dog

Respawn

Best Narrative

Firewatch

Inside

Mafia III

Oxenfree

Best Art Direction

Abzu

Firewatch

Inside

Overwatch

Best Music/Sound Design

Battlefild 1

Doom

Inside

Rez Infinite

Thumper

Best Performance

Alex Hernandez (Lincoln Clay, Mafia III)

Cissy Jones (Delilah, Firewatch)

Emily Rose (Elena, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Nolan North (Nathan Drake, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Rich Sommer (Henry, Firewatch)

Troy Baker (Sam Drake, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End)

Games for Impact Award

1979 Revolution

Block'Hood

Orwell

Sea Hero Quest

That Dragon, Cancer

Best Indipendent Game

Firewatch

Hyper Light Drifter

Inside

Stardew Valley

The Witness

Best Mobile/Handheld Game

Clash Royale

Fire Emblem Fates

Monster Hunter Generations

Pokémon GO

Severed

Best VR Game

Batman: Arkham VR

Eve Valkyrie

Job Simulator

Rez Infinite

Thumper

Best Action Game

Battlefield 1

Doom

Gears of War 4

Overwatch

Titanfall 2

Best Action/Adventure Game

Dishonored 2

Hitman

Hyper Light Drifter

Ratchet & Clank

Best Role Playing Game

Dark Souls III

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood & Wine

World of Warcraft: Legion

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Best Fighting Game

Killer Instinct Season 3

King of Fighters XIV

Pokken Tournament

Street Fighter V

Best Family Game

Dragon Quest Builders

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Pokémon GO

Ratchet & Clank

Skylanders: Imaginators

Best Strategy Game

Cvilization VI

Fire Emblem Fates

The Banner Saga

Total War: Warhammer

XCOM 2

Best Sports/Racing Game

FIFA 17

Forza Horizion 3

MLB The Show 16

NBA 2K17

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017

Best Multiplayer Game

Battlefield 1

Gears of War 4

Overcooked

Overwatch

Rainbow Six Siege

Titanfall 2

work in progress...

Around the Network

Lol. Why did you post before being finished? No matter, without Jamie Kennedy, the show has no credibility.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Some good choices though I would've probably nominated Forza Horizon 3 or Dark Souls 3 instead of Titanfall 2. Don't get me wrong. Titanfall 2 has an exciting campaign but I feel that its multiplayer gets old even faster than the first game.

And how is the procedure with games releasing after the award show like Final Fantasy XV? Will it be added if it ends up being a really good game like some films are added later to the academy nominees?

Mike_L said:

Some good choices though I would've probably nominated Forza Horizon 3 or Dark Souls 3 instead of Titanfall 2. Don't get me wrong. Titanfall 2 has an exciting campaign but I feel that its multiplayer gets old even faster than the first game.

And how is the procedure with games releasing after the award show like Final Fantasy XV? Will it be added if it ends up being a really good game like some films are added later to the academy nominees?

According to the same page linked in the first post: "Nominated Games Must Have been commercially released to the pubblic before November 24", that's why FFXV isn't nominated, something similar happened for Xenoblade Chronicles X which got released 3 days after the show and, while beeing released in 2015, got nominated only in the 2016 edition of the Awards, the true answer is how come they released the Nominees so early since there are big releases from here on out until the 24th, mainly Pokémon Sun/Moon

Owlboy is massively underrated, how is possible that is not nominated to best independent game? Is easily the best indie of the year or at least very close.

Around the Network

Good job missing the deadline Square Enix!

What the hell, where is Owlboy. I've just played it and not being nominated in any category is just plain stupid.

My personal GOTY might be Overwatch, so I hope it takes the prize.

Luke888 said:
Mike_L said:

According to the same page linked in the first post: "Nominated Games Must Have been commercially released to the pubblic before November 24", that's why FFXV isn't nominated, something similar happened for Xenoblade Chronicles X which got released 3 days after the show and, while beeing released in 2015, got nominated only in the 2016 edition of the Awards, the true answer is how come they released the Nominees so early since there are big releases from here on out until the 24th, mainly Pokémon Sun/Moon

Exactly. Pokémon S/M and Final Fantasy XV are big games and potentially highly qualified for a GOTY award. It seems weird to choose the nominees this early.

But from what you wrote, I guess the games will have a chance to be nominated for next year's awards if they're highly praised.

Thanks for the info

Looks like Uncharted 4 will bring a lot prizes back to home!!!

Where the heck is Dark Souls 3 at the GOTY award? :S

Oh, and Xenoblade Chronicles X nominated to best RPG! I was afraid they would forget about it since it was released on december, but nope. Great ^^