By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [4K] Watch Dogs 2 runs worst on ps4 pro than ps4 - First Look/Analysis DIgital Foudry

SweetTalia said:
d21lewis said:

Get this thing back on track, you two. Leave Xbox out of it.

Correct.this has nothing to do with xbox.

Including your love for it. So leave that out as well.  

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Meh. It's obviously going to struggle at higher resolutions with AAA games. Sony should have joined MS in waiting for 2017 for their hardware refresh. A PS4 slim would have been fine as the lone SKU addition. I guess they felt they needed to rush it out for PS VR, lol.

You honestly think the Scorpio is going to come out without any flaws or launch hiccups?  Keep dreaming.  All consoles have them.  Truth is the Pro wasn't rushed out, the Scorpio is just going to be late to the party.  The point of a mid gen upgrade is to actually get it out mid gen, not a little over a year before we start getting official word about the next gen consoles, possibly only months before we start getting rumors about them.  Sales of the Scorpio would plummet if there are stirrings of a new XB around the corner.  It could possibly be MS's 32x.

Of course, MS may just bypass the mid gen part and just say it's the XB Two.  Though, if they pull that move it'll be incredibly underpowered compared to the PS5 when it finally launches. A system I expect will aim for ~9-10TF.

You honestly think PS4P having issues running AAA games at the highest resolutions is going to be limited to launch? Keep dreaming.

Also, if you think the Pro isn't early, good for you. In my opinion the specs and results we have seen speak for themselves. A more substantial upgrade would have been better. And I doubt we'll be hearing about next gen consoles in 2018 :)

SWORDF1SH said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Meh. It's obviously going to struggle at higher resolutions with AAA games. Sony should have joined MS in waiting for 2017 for their hardware refresh. A PS4 slim would have been fine as the lone SKU addition. I guess they felt they needed to rush it out for PS VR, lol.

Lol we get it.

User was moderated for this post ~StarOcean

I don't know, maybe go look at some sales charts or something if anything I said bothers you. I own and use all platforms :)

If developers are to blame , and not the hardware....

Naughty Dog has also under delivered with PS4 Pro . Aside The Last of Us , Uncharted 4 drops to 25 fps on the Pro as well, at 1440p (not even at a higher taxing resolution) so we see no improvement on the original in this regard.

The Pro is supposed to stand for a better experience over the OG PS4.

Not even getting a locked 30 fps on a 'premium console' from a top developer is nothing but disappointing, unsure how anyone can disagree here.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Mafioso said:

If developers are to blame , and not the hardware....

Naughty Dog has also under delivered with PS4 Pro . Aside The Last of Us , Uncharted 4 drops to 25 fps on the Pro as well, at 1440p (not even at a higher taxing resolution) so we see no improvement on the original in this regard.

The Pro is supposed to stand for a better experience over the OG PS4.

Not even getting a locked 30 fps on a 'premium console' from a top developer is nothing but disappointing, unsure how anyone can disagree here.

While i am disappointed by UC4 running at 1440p, I don't see an issue with the frame-rate. ND have always been open to a degree of frame-rate variability in their games. Drops in UC4 aren't at all common, but in instances where they believe pushing the physics (or at least giving the player the option too) adds to the experience, they're fine with some mild drops. The Pro could be 10tf and ND would likely still maintain that design philosophy. It's fine for someone to disagree with that philosophy, but that's a different point of discussion to the one at hand.

As for why it runs at 1440p, it seems like time was an issue for ND. They were working on 4 different performance profiles at once (1800pC/60fps + 4k/30fps/2xShadows for TLOU, and 1440p/30fps + 1080p/60fps for UC4's SP and MP), and it appears they were originally targeting a higher resolution for UC4's SP too (DF think 1800pC). In general it seems like they tried to get too much done in too little time.

Anyway, i'd personally recommend holding off judgement. While i think people are justified in being disappointed with Sony (i am too; they should be more rigorous in enforcing their performance policy), these issues being hardware related is unlikely. It's simply too linear an upgrade. The biggest issue developers should be facing is coming to terms with the different relative spec balance, which changes where bottlenecks will turn up (that being an experience problem). Even then though, most developers appear to be fine. It's only a minority of Pro titles showing issues, and in most instances the issues are 'small and fleeting' (to paraphrase DF). In most instances Pro versions have been fine, with a few instances of games actually exceeding expectations. CoD:IW being one such title is certainly surprising

LudicrousSpeed said:
thismeintiel said:

You honestly think the Scorpio is going to come out without any flaws or launch hiccups?  Keep dreaming.  All consoles have them.  Truth is the Pro wasn't rushed out, the Scorpio is just going to be late to the party.  The point of a mid gen upgrade is to actually get it out mid gen, not a little over a year before we start getting official word about the next gen consoles, possibly only months before we start getting rumors about them.  Sales of the Scorpio would plummet if there are stirrings of a new XB around the corner.  It could possibly be MS's 32x.

Of course, MS may just bypass the mid gen part and just say it's the XB Two.  Though, if they pull that move it'll be incredibly underpowered compared to the PS5 when it finally launches. A system I expect will aim for ~9-10TF.

You honestly think PS4P having issues running AAA games at the highest resolutions is going to be limited to launch? Keep dreaming.

Also, if you think the Pro isn't early, good for you. In my opinion the specs and results we have seen speak for themselves. A more substantial upgrade would have been better. And I doubt we'll be hearing about next gen consoles in 2018 :)

I don't know, maybe go look at some sales charts or something if anything I said bothers you. I own and use all platforms :)

Didn't answer my question. If you think the Scorpio is going to launch problem free, you're dreaming. I'm sure you'll be in threads excusing it, though. 

And yes, if we were hearing rumors of the PS4 and XBO in 2012, we're going to be hearing them in 2018 for PS5 and XB2, if there is one. Most likely just a few months after the Scorpio's launch. That's called late to the party, regardless of specs.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Fascinating.
Posted by two different people.

One says "Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro: Watch Dogs Two Analysis (Digital Foundy)" with the the comment "They seme impressed".

And then there is this one..

Those are two very different takes on this one video. Interesting.

I've been looking, but where is this htread that you speak of?

Bandorr said:
LivingMetal said:

I've been looking, but where is this htread that you speak of?

It got almost instantly locked for being a duplicate. All it said was "they seem impressed" along with a link to the video. So nothing really missed. Just found it interesting that two people had such widely different takes on the video.

I was unaware of what kind of person this threads OP was/is. So it is pretty clear now why they were so different.

Yeah, I get the impression that overall dudes were pretty impressed with the game.  Yes, there are issues, but overall, again, pretty impressed.  They started out with their overall positive approval of it.  But then, they talked about the specific issues the game had when specifically running the PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV.  That in itself doesn't negate how impressed they were, but more so they're saying it could have been better.  Don't see the issue with the vid, the game, and playing on a PS4 Pro.  But you might have a point with the OP.

CGI-Quality said:
Angelus said:
Skimming through this thread is pretty interesting, there must be a good dozen or so posts that basically read "lol you have an Xbox, so get out of here and shut up" and the mods are apparently cool with this for the most part.

I actually see quite a bit of moderations in here. 

There was one at the time I posted that. Not gonna go back through the thread to check how many there are now, but I'll take your word for it

Bandorr said:
LivingMetal said:

Yeah, I get the impression that overall dudes were pretty impressed with the game.  Yes, there are issues, but overall, again, pretty impressed.  They started out with their overall positive approval of it.  But then, they talked about the specific issues the game had when specifically running the PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV.  That in itself doesn't negate how impressed they were, but more so they're saying it could have been better.  Don't see this issue with vid, the game, and playing on a PS4 Pro.  But you might have a point with the OP.

if I had a choice between the two threads, I would have preferred the other one. Gave a less biased approach. Where as this one reeks of it from the title to the original post.

If you start a thread off on the wrong foot, you will always be off balance.

There were a lot of moderations in this thread.  Go figure.

I stopped buying Ubisoft games for this reason. Most of them release with graphics downgrade in comparison to the initial reveal. The Division, Far Cry Primal and now this. I'm really glad they skipped Assassins creed.