By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [4K] Watch Dogs 2 runs worst on ps4 pro than ps4 - First Look/Analysis DIgital Foudry

walsufnir said:

People will do whatever they can to make it seem like everything is not the Pros fault.

You are suggesting the Pro is creating and optimizing games by itself.

Around the Network
teigaga said:
SvennoJ said:
As expected. More hardware profiles to optimize for, less optimization overall. Smallest user base gets the least attention. No need to act surprised.

Not everything scales the same nor linearly. Certain near bottlenecks on ps4 can get amplified by the resolution boost and become a problem while most of the game runs fine in higher resolution. It might be little work to enable 'pro' mode rendering, it's just as much work to thoroughly test the whole game to weed out the bottlenecks and streamline those areas.

A 1080p mode would literal fix this problem. Just as I'm seen I'm Tomb Raider etc 

It would be another profile to run through QA though. Plus that doesn't come with the bonus of better promotional screenshots!
QA was lacking as usual at Ubisoft, online issues again.

walsufnir said:
DaveTheMinion13 said:
http://thisgengaming.com/2016/11/15/watch-dogs-2-patch-1-03-is-now-live-may-fix-framerate-issues/

Appparently the issues have already been fixed.

"May Fix Framerate Issues"

People will do whatever they can to make it seem like everything is not the Pros fault.

Btw, framerate issues is one thing, the tearing is the other big problem.

How can unoptizmiation be the Pros fault.......is it the Xbox Ines fault a game like Recore performed like crap at launch? A game that isn't pushing anything to the limit? Firewatch on the original PS4 having issues at launch? Yep it's the Xbox and PS4 fault the DEV didn't fix their games at launch.....Its PC fault that AK ran badly at launch as well.....

*sigh* yeah blame the hardware that's been running 90+ percent of the games with patches better/perfectly fine. 

Preston Scott

Funny you bring this, because the PC is a lot more powerfull than PS4 and yet WatchDogs had even more perfomance problems in the PC right, it must be the pc power fault.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Funny you bring this, because the PC is a lot more powerfull than PS4 and yet WatchDogs had even more perfomance problems in the PC right, it must be the pc power fault.

Yah I mean all PC are equal and all way more powerfull than a PS4 and I do not see how it can be a problem for any PC to run WatchDogs 2 like a champ!
Sorry but while I agree 100% that the hardware (Play Station Four Pro) is not responsible at the end, your comment is just utter non-sense.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
DonFerrari said:

Yah I mean all PC are equal and all way more powerfull than a PS4 and I do not see how it can be a problem for any PC to run WatchDogs 2 like a champ!
Sorry but while I agree 100% that the hardware (Play Station Four Pro) is not responsible at the end, your comment is just utter non-sense.

At launch even the most powerfull PC had issues on performance for WD, that is my point. So there is no point for SweetTalia blaming PS4Pro for the perfomance of the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Imaginedvl said:

At launch even the most powerfull PC had issues on performance for WD, that is my point. So there is no point for SweetTalia blaming PS4Pro for the perfomance of the game.

Yes; obviously if a game is running better on Play Staition Four than the Play Station Four Pro the problem is in the code; saying otherwise is quite ridiculous :)
I just found your comment about "the PC being more powerfull than the Play Station Four" a bit off.

Dev sucks, stop trying to make the pro something its not. Agree with the 1440p comments.

walsufnir said:
Angelus said:
Skimming through this thread is pretty interesting, there must be a good dozen or so posts that basically read "lol you have an Xbox, so get out of here and shut up" and the mods are apparently cool with this for the most part.

You can already feel that people go into defense mode a lot now but the same were very vocal to point out differences between XBO and PS4 (remember the "grassgate"? Yes, that was fun to observe).

Either way, it's not the only game that has some problems on the Pro and it's no wonder - it's asymmetric in its power difference to the standard PS4. Bandwidth and CPU can't really keep up with the bump in the specs Sony went for the GPU.

DF says that they think it's a bandwidth issue and we know that the bandwidth also was a slight problem in PS4. First, the bandwidth was way less than the maximum that was spread out on forums and that Sony advertised and it was even worse the more the CPU also wanted to access the RAM. Tearing and dropped frames shouldn't happen on a console advertised as "Pro".

Of course this could also mean Ubisoft is to blame (and of course many do because of obvious reasons) but Cerny said it takes only so little time to make a Pro version off a PS4 version - there should be enough headroom to easily outdo the PS4 version which it can't in this case.

Which people are you talking about?

Imaginedvl said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes; obviously if a game is running better on Play Staition Four than the Play Station Four Pro the problem is in the code; saying otherwise is quite ridiculous :)
I just found your comment about "the PC being more powerfull than the Play Station Four" a bit off.

Ok, yes, I can conceed the way I put could be interpreted as a generalization (even more since for all we know about those verificatons of Steam, less than 1/3 of the users had a PC more powerfull than PS4 or X1).

CGI-Quality said:
Angelus said:
Skimming through this thread is pretty interesting, there must be a good dozen or so posts that basically read "lol you have an Xbox, so get out of here and shut up" and the mods are apparently cool with this for the most part.

I actually see quite a bit of moderations in here. 

More to the point, do you believe that bullshit?

Moderated - Axum