By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soraya Saga retweets Switch reveal for Jan 12.

Could a Xenosaga remake really sell that much...? The series ran a groud with third installment so there seems little reason to reboot it.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

Xenosaga? I doubt it considering the that branch of the Xeno franchise is considered a mistake by Takahashi, and Soraya Saga has some cold memories about it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X update for Switch? FAR more likely. The Wii U version was primed for expansions, with dark areas beyond the edge of the map that could easily have more continents. Not to mention the level cap seems curiously small, and there's so much more room for expansion in NLA and such. Monolithsoft went quiet on that topic. The plot line of XCX also ended with a massive cliffhanger.

The other possibility is a new story, it could take place in the near future, or in the distant future, even on another planet. But I think that is less likely than seeing a big expansion to XCX first.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Xenosaga? I doubt it considering the that branch of the Xeno franchise is considered a mistake by Takahashi, and Soraya Saga has some cold memories about it.

Xenoblade Chronicles X update for Switch? FAR more likely. The Wii U version was primed for expansions, with dark areas beyond the edge of the map that could easily have more continents. Not to mention the level cap seems curiously small, and there's so much more room for expansion in NLA and such. Monolithsoft went quiet on that topic. The plot line of XCX also ended with a massive cliffhanger.

The other possibility is a new story, it could take place in the near future, or in the distant future, even on another planet. But I think that is less likely than seeing a big expansion to XCX first.

That could indeed be the case. There was that part of NLA which was open and could have gotten some new district or so but never did. Maybe Nintendo decided that sales were to low for the DLC and that adding DLC/Expansion with an updated NS Port would be more profitable.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

bigtakilla said:
BlkPaladin said:

The biggest problem in porting is how integrated the game code is with the engine and how much of that engine was customized just for that game. The less integrated the code and the less customized the engine they had the easier it is port. Because unlike in the past where the game engine was remade for each and every game, the engines now a days are made to be a layer that stand inbetween the console and game code, so at its most basic all porting is divorcing the gamecode from an engine that is made for one machine and coupling it with an engine made for another machine. So half the battle for console makers with the third party is making a case in getting their tools (engines) made for their machines.

Then you have to take into account they'd have to change certain things to make the touch screen implimentation accessible for non touch screen gaming. It would be VERY unintuitive and a huge barrier, especially for end game content.

Since it seems that the Switch will have touch screen they may bring up the touch based gameplay through a menu screen.

BlkPaladin said:
bigtakilla said:

Then you have to take into account they'd have to change certain things to make the touch screen implimentation accessible for non touch screen gaming. It would be VERY unintuitive and a huge barrier, especially for end game content.

Since it seems that the Switch will have touch screen they may bring up the touch based gameplay through a menu screen.

If no streaming game content is available, then XcX will be a handheld only game. Then what's the point?

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
I hope its not true. A Xenosaga remake on Switch would make me buy more hardware I don't want.

Anything Xeno will make me buy it, so I'm pretty much sool.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Could a Xenosaga remake really sell that much...? The series ran a groud with third installment so there seems little reason to reboot it.

The petition was also seen as a failure.

bigtakilla said:
bunchanumbers said:
I hope its not true. A Xenosaga remake on Switch would make me buy more hardware I don't want.

Anything Xeno will make me buy it, so I'm pretty much sool.

Yeah But if its Saga then I'll be there. I hate to say it but I'd buy Switch if it meant I got Xenosaga.

bigtakilla said:
BlkPaladin said:

The biggest problem in porting is how integrated the game code is with the engine and how much of that engine was customized just for that game. The less integrated the code and the less customized the engine they had the easier it is port. Because unlike in the past where the game engine was remade for each and every game, the engines now a days are made to be a layer that stand inbetween the console and game code, so at its most basic all porting is divorcing the gamecode from an engine that is made for one machine and coupling it with an engine made for another machine. So half the battle for console makers with the third party is making a case in getting their tools (engines) made for their machines.

I don't think it would be that unintuitive. And there's a large potential audience if the Switch succeeds that wouldn't know about that touch screen functions. Can't miss what you never had.   

DélioPT said:
Wyrdness said:

They're a utility studio as well so they aid in other first party projects like Smash and Zelda.

They helped in Smash too? Did not know that...

Still, they can and should get big enough to at least develop 2 games per generation.
Them helping out Nintendo shouldn't stop them from doing that.

It's like Retro: talented but not efficient enough.

Retro is plenty efficient.

Metroid Prime-Nov 2002

Metroid Prime 2-Nov 2004

Metroid Prime 3-Aug 2007

Metroid Prime Trilogy-Aug 2009

DKC Returns-Nov 2010

Mario Kart 7 (assisted)-Dec 2011

DKC Returns 3D (assisted)-May 2013

DKC Tropical Freeze-Feb 2014

They have consistently released a game roughly every 3 years which is a pretty standard amount of time for high quality console games while being able to assist/work on smaller things in between.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.