By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Metascore Prediction Thread!

BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Looks like I'm not alone in thinking it will be way worse than FFXIII.

Review wise of quality wise?
Quality wise, yeah, never, the game is the complete opposite of XIII, it has everything it (XIII) was criticized on lacking, unless it has some messed up, broken, and completely boring story, that's not gonna happen.
Review wise, maybe, I know there will be some good bunch of reviwers pissed off with it and nowdays criticizing it is easier than it was back in FF XIII days, so yeah, it can happen, even as sure don't hope it's the case.

Qualitywise it already lost anyway. You can easily see that with the insufficient budget for the game. Half way through they already ran out of X chromosomes and had to spread them thin over the whole cast filling them up with the way cheaper Ys.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:

Qualitywise it already lost anyway. You can easily see that with the insufficient budget for the game. Half way through they already ran out of X chromosomes and had to spread them thin over the whole cast stuffing them with the way cheaper Ys all over the place.

So you have no argument, I see, should know it was a joke

My argument releases November 29th.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

93/100

Around the Network

Not entirely relevant but my biggest gripe so far is that the party characters were built and written AROUND Noctis, while characters, even in the much hated FFXIII, were actual characters, they had their own story and development whether you liked them or not. The Anime fleshed them out a bit and it was nice but didn't change the fact that their existence still revolves entirely around Noctis. They're more like accessories or something. When I played the Judgement demo I felt like I was going around the world with one human character surrounded by AI that sometimes cracks jokes. The "party" aspect of FFXV seems to suffer relative to your typical JRPGs where "the party is everything" and you grow attached to everyone individually. Here, the people of interest are Noctis and the other people outside the party.. like Luna, Cor, etc. Not the other members of the party. They're just there FOR Noctis.

89 !!

ktay95 said:
Anyone one else lowballing on the basis that the franchise simply doesnt have the same brand power it used too??
Like look at what FFXIII managed despite many calling it the worst game ever, then look at what its superior sequels received.

FFXIII wasn't a bad game,  the problem is that the Serie's standard is very high

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016