By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Metascore Prediction Thread!

Around the Network
vivster said:
m_csquare said:
This is how the score will be.

- Old FF fan type reviewers will rate it 0, cus: doesnt feel like FF; no playable chicks, no turn based, etc etc
- Millennial reviewers will rate it 100: GTA5xMonsterHunter, bros before hoes, gravity-defying hair, etc etc
- Those two even out at 50.
- Other reviewers never rate under 50, so it'll jack the score up a bit.
- Final score... 64

The problem is that FF fans are incapable of rating a FF game anything lower than 70. Which will mean that it lands in the undeserved 80s range.

Your game now belongs to the Bethesda fandom. Conform or be destroyed by Alduin's shout! 

83 same meta score as FFXIII but user rating will be higher than XIII.

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN

Around the Network

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

AsGryffynn said:
vivster said:

The problem is that FF fans are incapable of rating a FF game anything lower than 70. Which will mean that it lands in the undeserved 80s range.

Your game now belongs to the Bethesda fandom. Conform or be destroyed by Alduin's shout! 

I don't have to conform. SE is still making awesome games like WoFF, Dimensions 2 and DQ11 which stick to the proper formula. If they want to make every FF main game a FFXV I'll let them.

FFXV can't take away decades of greatness.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:

I don't have to conform. SE is still making awesome games like WoFF, Dimensions 2 and DQ11 which stick to the proper formula. If they want to make every FF main game a FFXV I'll let them.

FFXV can't take away decades of greatness.

Plus that isn't really accurate anyway.  This isn't structured at all like a Bethesda game, one large world you explore freely from the word go with no restrictions and the storylines - both main and side - just happen there.  Nor is it a Ubisoft game where all content from story to side is just nebulous blobs of tasks sprinkled around a sandbox.  From what we have seen and heard, this is structured more like Xenoblade Chronicles or Witcher 3, with a grand story still acting as the primary structure that dictates your broader progression even though the world you progress through is rather open.  The regions and world are open but your movement through them from area to area is still paced primarily by the story, iirc.