By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Metascore Prediction Thread!

WoodenPints said:

Changing it to a 79, More I see of it the more I think critics are going to be harsh on it.

Around the Network

BraLoD said:
Swordmasterman said:

FFXIII wasn't a bad game,  the problem is that the Serie's standard is very high

The problem is that it dropped way too much stuff people expect from FF, not that the standard is high (which it is).
There was no exploration basically the whole game, barely any weapons, cutscenes popping up after each 3 steps (they used to be special pieces).
It has a good story, and I personally liked the paradigm shift gameplay mechanic, but sadly even those two had clear weak points, the paradigm shift could be easily abused and let the game play itself and the story presentation, even filled with cutscenes, was not the best as a lot of info had to be searched instead of delivered to you.

Yes, it wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't only because the other games were better.

Yeah, I've played through XIII twice and although I do enjoy it, it does have serious flaws. I think XV should objectively be better simply on the basis that the combat will always require engagement and there is unlikely to be long portions of the game running through narrow tunnels defeating enemies which all require the same tactic (yet have annoyingly high health)

I want the game to score in the high 90s, but I feel like too many critics are going to try to make comparisons to western rpgs and bring down points for that due to the combat system. I am gonna go mid 80s, 86.

First full game impression is out:

Source:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224980608&postcount=1476

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=224980680&postcount=1481

Around the Network

The review embargo is November 28th at 7 AM PT/10 AM ET.

So, after the first bad reviews, i change my score.

I said 84, now it will be...75.

Better late than never. 90

Over 9000