By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

Better get fixed by the time FF15 comes out, in fact I'm only getting a pro for the FF15 improvements.

Around the Network

This 8.4TF claim Sony used has really manipulated alot of gamers.
Please stop using that term. The system is confirm as a 4.2TF machine.
How can the Pro be 8.4TF and cant render all games in Native 4k yet the Scorpio claims 6TF and garentees Native 4k.
TF isnt everything but if gamers are using it as a power term than just remember my last sentence. I don't own a Pro, im thinking about buying one but stop with being gullible to what ever Sony says.

Yawn.

Games having issues. New hardware having issues. We are so not used to this.

Another day of facepalming on VGC.

Hunting Season is done...

Conina said:
COKTOE said:
.......Holy Super Fuck. I want zero issues. No second guessing.

I have bad news for you:

There never was a video game system with zero issues and there probably never will be one.

Oh geez. OK then....I'm addressing a specific issue here: That "Some games are running worse on PS4 Pro than base PS4. If that wasn't clear, I hope it is now.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Made me hold off on the thought of a PS4 Pro purchase. I think I might just wait for Scorpio.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
How can the Pro be 8.4TF and cant render all games in Native 4k yet the Scorpio claims 6TF and garentees Native 4k.
TF isnt everything but if gamers are using it as a power term than just remember my last sentence. I don't own a Pro, im thinking about buying one but stop with being gullible to what ever Sony says.

The first half of your comment seems somewhat redundant in this thread. Literally only 1 person here has made the 8.4tf claim (the OT), and it was joke.

Regardless, i don't remember MS ever guaranteeing 4k. In-fact they've essentially said opposite, in that developers can do what they want with the Scorpio's power.

I guess power isn't everything... It's almost as if software is at times more important?

Zekkyou said:
Azzanation said:

The first half of your comment seems somewhat redundant in this thread. Literally only 1 person here has made the 8.4tf claim (the OT), and it was joke.

Regardless, i don't remember MS ever guaranteeing 4k. In-fact they've essentially said opposite, in that developers can do what they want with the Scorpio's power.

Im talking beyond this thread and beyond VGC.

Also MS are claiming the Scorpio to be a 4k console, its even written on the digital image chipset they showcased at E3.

My point is its not 8.4TF that Sony claims without there usual spin on Tech. We are pretty positive the Scorpio is going to pack a bigger punch than the Pro. Weather devs utilise the hardware for 4k is up to them. If they dont than the Scorpio will be a next gen console with its own library of games.

So many gamers grab 8.4 and ran with it. 

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:
I guess power isn't everything... It's almost as if software is at times more important?

In that case Scorpio is going to be in a huge amount of trouble.

If the Scorpio is not properly executed then yes.

COKTOE said:
.......Holy Super Fuck. I want zero issues. No second guessing. At worst, I expect parity. Nothing worse for damn sure. Pro is still in the box. I might return in the next few days, and buy it down the line if this isn't ironed out asap.

That's what you get for changing your avatar.