By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

Panama said:
Better get fixed by the time FF15 comes out, in fact I'm only getting a pro for the FF15 improvements.

But maybe there are no issues with FFXV.

Around the Network

How is that even possible?

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

If the Scorpio is not properly executed then yes.

Even if it is. If power isn't important then it will be put on the same level of the xbox one/S. Which is quite lacking.

Power IS important BUT it isn't everything.

Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

Power IS important BUT it isn't everything.

Funny. I see quite a few people considering power the holy grail. It is certaintly "enough" that Microsoft is investing in it to the point the Pro will be out for an entire year before we even see sight of it.

But yes I agree - the games are much much more important.

Yes, TeraFlops this, secret sauce that. It's silly.

LivingMetal said:
Panama said:
Better get fixed by the time FF15 comes out, in fact I'm only getting a pro for the FF15 improvements.

But maybe there are no issues with FFXV.

There appear to be issues with other games I own as per the video lol

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Developers prioritizing resolution over framerate.

LivingMetal said:
COKTOE said:
.......Holy Super Fuck. I want zero issues. No second guessing. At worst, I expect parity. Nothing worse for damn sure. Pro is still in the box. I might return in the next few days, and buy it down the line if this isn't ironed out asap.

That's what you get for changing your avatar. 

Yeah. And look at this mess. Even restarting my laptop won't fix this. I'm sticking with the avatar. For a bit longer. edit. When I quote, I see a jumble of crap. When I post. It's all good...weird. Again, must be the avatar. edit- but my edit won't work. No line break. WTF?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

Developers prioritizing resolution over framerate.

So basically we are back to square one...

onionberry said:
Lawlight said:
Nothing a patch won't fix. And it's a total of 4 games.

My only concern about this is the future of other games. Cause they are promising supersampling for future games if you're playing at 1080p. let's say that mass effect runs at 1080p on the normal ps4, on the ps4 pro the game is going to require more power to run the game at 1080p because of that feature, that means that developers will need to work more on the optimization, and developers these days are kinda lazy.

Those performances are occuring when the game is running at 4K.

Azzanation said:
Zekkyou said:

The first half of your comment seems somewhat redundant in this thread. Literally only 1 person here has made the 8.4tf claim (the OT), and it was joke.

Regardless, i don't remember MS ever guaranteeing 4k. In-fact they've essentially said opposite, in that developers can do what they want with the Scorpio's power.

Im talking beyond this thread and beyond VGC.

Also MS are claiming the Scorpio to be a 4k console, its even written on the digital image chipset they showcased at E3.

My point is its not 8.4TF that Sony claims without there usual spin on Tech. We are pretty positive the Scorpio is going to pack a bigger punch than the Pro. Weather devs utilise the hardware for 4k is up to them. If they dont than the Scorpio will be a next gen console with its own library of games.

So many gamers grab 8.4 and ran with it. 

Given the total absence of legitimate 8.4tf arguments in this thread, i still fail to see the point in bringing it up. I did a quick control-f search of the DF article too, and at the time of me posting this comment it's not been brought up once in the comments of the DF article this thread stems from. In the absence of any direct catalyst, it feels like you just wanted to bring it up. True or not, that's how it appears.

You said the Scorpio 'guarantees native 4k'. 4k might be the design focus of the Scorpio (and it will certainly hit that native mark more often than the Pro), but their developer policy is literally the opposite of an unqualified guarantee.

As for the 8.4tf statements, while you're right that some have misunderstood Cerny, i wouldn't blame Sony for that. He was in an interview with EG that was focusing on what the Pro can do, and the Pro being more efficient with FP16 (it can handle 2 FP16 operations at once, rather than leaving half the registry empty) was one of the points brought up. It's not his fault many don't know the difference between FP16 and FP32, anymore than it's his fault some people seem to think FP16 is purely hypothetical and never used in games.