By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eurogamer - Some games running worse on ps4 pro than the base ps4

Global warming is REAL. People are meltingdown.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

For me, I was fully immersed in ED: Horizons running 10-15 fps to have the planets look nice on my laptop at 1080p.

I think I'd rather 480p/60fps... XD

How many stars can you see at 480:p
Come to think of it, Elite Dangerous is a prime candidate for HDR. Let those stars shine instead of white dots.

SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:

I think I'd rather 480p/60fps... XD

Come to think of it, Elite Dangerous is a prime candidate for HDR. Let those stars shine instead of white dots.

I haven't actually played Elite Dangerous to be honest, but I imagine with almost any game I'd take 480p/60fps over 1080/15fps. I remember seeing plenty of stars in Rgue Squadron 2/3 and Mario Galaxy at 480p! XD

curl-6 said:
SvennoJ said:

I haven't actually played Elite Dangerous to be honest, but I imagine with almost any game I'd take 480p/60fps over 1080/15fps. I remember seeing plenty of stars in Rgue Squadron 2/3 and Mario Galaxy at 480p! XD

Damn all those years wasted waiting for a new Elite Dangerous, should have just played Rogue Squadron! :) But true, in VR it will look closer to 480p again, and hell no at playing at 15fps in VR. Of course some people don't compromise, screw VR, build your own cockpit with 3 projectors and custom made controls.

Still no HDR, not good enough :p

Intrinsic said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

It's not just that, though. The Last of Us on the PS4 Pro is also having frame rate drops that the regular and Slim PS4 didn't have.

While pushing 3-6M more pixels (60fps and 30fps modes respevtively) as opposed to the 2M pixels being pushed on the regular PS4. That seems to be a little detail people seem to omit. 

Its not surprising some will want to blow this outta proportion, sad when u consider that this isn't happening with all games that has a Pro patch and even DF made that clear pointing out that the majority of the games are all round better. This is a small incident and something that realistically we can write off as teething issues with new hardware and these things will get ironed out soon. 

I mean it's obvious these devs don't even know what a "Pro" mode should entail yet with RotTR being the one standout game that seems to have it figured out yet so far. 

Right. Digital Foundry did mention something like that in the Last of Us PS4 Pro video.

You're correct that not all of the games supporting the PS4 Pro have worse performance than the regular PS4. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare Remastered has overall better performance on the Pro than the Slim/regular PS4 while running at a higher resolution (1620p on the Pro).

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:

Damn all those years wasted waiting for a new Elite Dangerous, should have just played Rogue Squadron! :) But true, in VR it will look closer to 480p again, and hell no at playing at 15fps in VR. Of course some people don't compromise, screw VR, build your own cockpit with 3 projectors and custom made controls.

Still no HDR, not good enough :p

Meanwhile, I couldn't even be arsed upgrading to a 1080p TV, only reason I got one was cos my old TV died and by the time it did, pretty much every TV was at least 1080p, lulz.

And VR at 15fps makes me seasick just thinking about it. XD

The lack of choice sucks for me. I would gladly opt out of super sampling to play all of my games at 1080p 60 with no added effects. The Pro would be an insta-buy.

4 ≈ One

I'm buying the PS4 Pro.

I wonder what implications this will have for games going forwards; will devs focus on games running well on the og PS4, OR will they optimize their games for Pro? Hopefully they'll fix this problem, so all games run equally shitty/pretty on both consoles

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

LivingMetal said:
I'm buying the PS4 Pro.

Yeah. I still want it too.