By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2016 - Finish Your Lists!!

#10 Xenoblade Chronicles X

While far from being a perfect game, I just have so much fun with it, the joys of exploring the vast world of Mira either on foot or on a giant robot, fighting giant monsters, the great sidequests and character arcs, I just love everything about this game despites some of its shortcomings, also featuring one of my absolute favorite soundtracks in any game, very few games manage to make me invest as much time as I did in the world of X.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Entropio said:

Game #5:

Hint 1: This game, second in its franchise, would popularize a certain strategy sub-genre that has been mastered by certain swedish publisher. Paradoxically, this publisher's stocks are listed in New York.

Hint 2: Ka-pi96 had the developers right: those are the guys that made Crusader Kings, but this game is previous (although the time setting is inmediatly posterior).

Game #3:

Hint 1: Mario Kart 8, in the 15th place of my list, is my favourite Mario Kart game. But it's not my favourite racing game. If you've been following my list, it should be clear which game is this.

Hint 2: Is not only a racing game, but a karting game.

Game #2:

Hint 1: Raccoon-dogs can fly and shift into statues. Normal raccoons can only fly.

Hint 2: Third game in the series, many people considers this or the next game (that would release in another console) the peak of its genre.

Game #1:

Hint 1: I'll let you guess

5: Europa Universalis maybe then, but I'm not sure about the release-timing compared to Crusader Kings

3.Diddy Kong Racing?

2. Super Mario Bros. 3

1. lol uhh. Well, gonna go with the one that's generally (like, in the world) viewed as the best one then I guess. Ocarina of Time?

Really have no clue on your 12 and 9 lol.

5 is very, very  close,  but the first game wasn't really popular...

3 and 2 correct.

About 1, nope. I think that many people won't consider this game the best, since at least two sequel in its franchise are objectively better (although it's a great game). it's just too early to start hinting 😉

Edit:12 should be easy looking at my list and reading the hints... 

Ka-pi96 said:
Entropio said:

About 1, nope. I think that many people won't consider this game the best, since at least two sequel in its franchise are objectively better (although it's a great game). it's just too early to start hinting 😉

Uncharted Drakes Fortune?

Or... Halo Combat Evolved?

Oh and since I`m pretty much obligated to do this.... subjectively, not objectively

Nope. All my list is Nintendo or PC, so I'm not gonna give the 1st spot to a PSX or XBOX title.

Ka-pi96 said:
Entropio said:

Nope. All my list is Nintendo or PC, so I'm not gonna give the 1st spot to a PSX or XBOX title.

Aren`t PC and Xbox pretty much the same these days?

All my PC title are at least 10 years old, so it doesn't apply!

Time for another hint. This series is just too unknown .

#8: Considering the date, that's in the name of the game, the theme and the architecture, I'm pretty sure this game is about a golden period of my country, even though it's never mentioned or hinted at.

Hint 2: You know, the date hints at the founding of our East-India Company. There's spice trading, colonizing and trade-post building and the facades of buildings, especially the merchant's houses, are exactly like traditional Dutch facades. Can't miss!

Around the Network

9- Counter Strike

8- Remake of a game that marked the childhoods of gamers and it has some content not seen in the original.

5- Brought back an old school franchise in full force and ha excellent reviews.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Entropio said:

5 is very, very  close,  but the first game wasn't really popular...

3 and 2 correct.

Edit:12 should be easy looking at my list and reading the hints... 

5 I think is Europa Universalis II then, read right over that in your hint. I only played Victoria II and Hearts of Iron IV (and Cities Skylines from their other dev) of their games though. Both great, but never gotten very far into them. This series has always looked interesting to me as well, might try one of the newer releases one day.

12 is ohh, I think I see, not because I know what happens in the game, I never played it, but because of deductive reasoning lol. Golden Sun: The Lost Age?

#8 The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Trails in the Sky affected me more than almost any other game I've ever played. It has an excellent combat system that never gets tiring no matter how  many hours I spent fighting in the game, the soundtrack is beautiful, the story among the best I've ever seen in a video game, and the characters have become some of my favourites of all time. It's a stellar video game with very few equals in my book. Additionally, I actually just finished Trails in the Sky Second Chapter yesterday, and it was every bit as good as the first, perhaps even better. 

And here's a hint for my #7:

One of the most critically acclaimed games of the previous console generation. A story of two people building a connection with one another in the middle of a ruined world. 

#10 - Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

Ooooh man. My favourite PS2 game. This is the game that, in the most technical sense of the word "technically", got me into competitive gaming. Fighting or otherwise.

The campaign is just DBZ story. Fight this guy, survive for this long, etc. Usually in the setting of the anime or movies. But the game itself is fantastic. There are countless amounts of combos I came up with back in the day, and the roster (including transformations) is gigantic. 

Although unlike Smash, stages are just aesthetics. They don't add anything to the game. Otherwise, I love everything in this game. It also had amazing graphics at the time, a kickass OST, great voice acting (I didn't understand English at the time though), and incredibly deep but not impossible to understand gameplay. You can't go wrong with DBZ.

Hint #9: Don't get confused. Sea creatures are weak to water!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ka-pi96 said:
Darashiva said:

And here's a hint for my #7:

One of the most critically acclaimed games of the previous console generation. A story of two people building a connection with one another in the middle of a ruined world. 

The Last of Us?

That's the one.