By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2016 NPD Thread! Software and hardware estimates up!

3sexty said:
thismeintiel said:
So, less than 100K is destroying, now? The PS4 must have obliterated it those months it was 100K+ ahead. Also weird how it's destroying, yet behind by 400K for the year in just the US. Nov is going to be fun.

Yeah i'd say november will prob be the only month ps4 will beet out xbox one s cos of launch and pre-orders of the pro and then after that it will be back to business as usaul - since xone s relaese. The One s is really appealling to the budget minded consumer because of its attractivley added 4k hdr features at a budget price. Sony really should have added these features to the ps4 slim. That was a mistake that is allowing MS to turn the tide in the U.S, and U.K at least.

I think you're in for a shock come January.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
3sexty said:

Yeah i'd say november will prob be the only month ps4 will beet out xbox one s cos of launch and pre-orders of the pro and then after that it will be back to business as usaul - since xone s relaese. The One s is really appealling to the budget minded consumer because of its attractivley added 4k hdr features at a budget price. Sony really should have added these features to the ps4 slim. That was a mistake that is allowing MS to turn the tide in the U.S, and U.K at least.

No...Sorry the momentum is just too strong now in the U.S. I would be prepared to say that I am wrong only if Sony dip below the xone s price point.. But that is about it. Like I said Novemeber will be a clear winner for ps4 but it will not remain the prefered console due to its significant price diff. Most mums and dads in addition to budget minded people (the majority of console buyers) will opt fo a much more affordable slim variant of both consoles.  That is pretty much it.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
thismeintiel said:

No...Sorry the momentum is just too strong now in the U.S. I would be prepared to say that I am wrong only if Sony dip below the xone s price point.. But that is about it. Like I said Novemeber will be a clear winner for ps4 but it will not remain the prefered console due to its significant price diff. Most mums and dads in addition to budget minded people (the majority of console buyers) will opt fo a much more affordable slim variant of both consoles.  That is pretty much it.

You sound just like the Xbox fans during holiday 2013, when the PS4 only lost because of stock shortages. Just like with the Pro, now, they were ignoring the reason why, talking about momentum helping XBO claim the US. Where are we, now? The PS4 has an over 1.2M lead in the US and when XBO has it largest exclusive launch, aside from Halo, and with people waiting for the Pro, it leads to a less than 100K lead for one month. Less than a 280K gap for the last 4 months.  The gap for these past four months is most likely going to be wiped out in Nov. Dec MAY see a small XBO lead, but that's far from guaranteed. January we should go back to normal. PS4 winning most months, with a few XBO wins here or there.

thismeintiel said:
3sexty said:

You sound just like the Xbox fans during holiday 2013, when the PS4 only lost because of stock shortages. Just like with the Pro, now, they were ignoring the reason why, talking about momentum helping XBO claim the US. Where are we, now? The PS4 has an over 1.2M lead in the US and when XBO has it largest exclusive launch, aside from Halo, and with people waiting for the Pro, it leads to a less than 100K lead for one month. Less than a 280K gap for the last 4 months.  The gap for these past four months is most likely going to be wiped out in Nov. Dec MAY see a small XBO lead, but that's far from guaranteed. January we should go back to normal. PS4 winning most months, with a few XBO wins here or there.

Come on man its not about fanfare or religion - you make it sound like is is all about that using words like you are going to be shocked etc etc. Its really not personal at all.  The current trend is more than wishful thinking. it is real and sustained. the budget xbox one slim really has hit the right point between percerption of a true 4k offering and affordability.  That is what has made the difference last couple of months.  Like I said the pro is a premium offering for which most will not be queing up post launch and heading into christmass. The perception in the U.S and UK is real in that the xone slim has more to offer than the ps4 slim (nothing changed other than little smaller again) vs 4k out of the box and 4k blu ray.  This really is the begining of a turnaround in ur home turf my friend - all the signs point to it. Rememebr there were quite alot of fans suggesting that no way the xbox one s would outsell the ps4 slim or more rediculously when the psvr comes. those 2 xbox killers are out and  and have had little effect against the one s. And the pro...again we talking about premium product with a high price point, - above that of the standard run of the mill consumer.... And look dont be too bothered about it. things change and compettition promotes exciting and innovative moves on both sides...

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Congrats XB1. It's great to see both consoles doing well. It's so much better to be a console owner when your console is facing tough competition imo.

And it's looking like I may be spot on with my prediction.

Mike_L said:

XB1S will make MS take September and October in NA. Pro + VR + COD will make Sony take November and December in NA (probably Jan-Aug 2017 as well).

No matter what, I can't wait to see November numbers. I expect both consoles to be up yoy.

walsufnir said:
thismeintiel said:
So, less than 100K is destroying, now? The PS4 must have obliterated it those months it was 100K+ ahead. Also weird how it's destroying, yet behind by 400K for the year in just the US. Nov is going to be fun.

It's 200k.

Yup. You're right. Difference is 211k.

MONTH             PS4                    XB1

January             227k                   130k

Febuary             404k                   248k

March                330k                   241k

April                   178k                   167k

May                   207k                   107k

June                   234k                   211k

July                     161k                   171k

August               160k                   274k

September        285k                   332k

October             235k                   329k

November                                    

December                                    

2016 TOTAL       2421k                2210k

Around the Network

100k for Colour Splash isn't that bad, its a great game.

Good numbers. I don't have a single 4K blu-ray and I play Forza Horizon 3 on my PC so for now there's no reason for me to buy an XB1S. But I can see why it's doing better than the XB1 OG. Slimmer, Kinect-less and 4K marketable.

walsufnir said:

It's 200k.

Please note that I'm not saying you're wrong but rather asking where those 200k are missing from the XB1 data below.

MONTH             PS4                    XB1

January             227k                   130k

Febuary             404k                   248k

March                330k                   241k

April                   178k                   167k

May                   207k                   107k

June                   234k                   211k

July                     161k                   171k

August               160k                   274k

September        285k                   332k

October             235k                   329k

November                                    

December                                    

2016 TOTAL       2421k                2012k

I only provided a source, I don't have the numbers myself. I just saw different numbers and wanted to put the information in this thread.

walsufnir said:

I only provided a source, I don't have the numbers myself. I just saw different numbers and wanted to put the information in this thread.

So what's the source?

I'm asking out of interest. Not of distrust.

Mike_L said:
walsufnir said:

So what's the source?

I'm asking out of interest. Not of distrust.

Sorry, my post was in the other thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8161271