By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2016 NPD Thread! Software and hardware estimates up!

You can't say Amazon is useless after all this time it's been right.

The reason for this change seems obvious because MS won't stock the Halo bundle. It could also be a tracking issue because no other bundle has made it in the top 20 or even 30. Or maybe for now the bulk of sales are coming from trade ins so Amazon won't be telling in that regard. Lets not be so quick to write off Amazon yet.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Around the Network

Deservedly so. MS has been killing it with the Xbox One Sexy.

Pionner said:
You can't say Amazon is useless after all this time it's been right.

The reason for this change seems obvious because MS won't stock the Halo bundle. It could also be a tracking issue because no other bundle has made it in the top 20 or even 30. Or maybe for now the bulk of sales are coming from trade ins so Amazon won't be telling in that regard. Lets not be so quick to write off Amazon yet.

It's not really useless but it's only an indicator, if anything. There seems to be a loose relation between NPD and Amazon and in the past when it fitted, it just could've been coincidence. What we know is that if you win on Amazon, this doesn't mean you win in NPD.

Is that all? Just XBO #1?

malistix1985 said:

I always follow your sales list and by those charts I expected 100% for PS4 to win october, they will win november because of the pro, but its deffenitely not as great as a tracker as it used to be, I guess we will find out togheter :)

on topic: Well done Xbox one S, its the better slimmed down version, offering some really nice design, uhd playability and the ever populair better playback with higher framerates of great games like mass effect, red dead redemption, the witcher 2 and many more. I cannot wait to join the Xbox family next year with the Scorpio :)

We'll have to wait to see what Amazons performance is like for the next few months. If it's right again for 3 or 4 months then we can assume this was just a plip and start relying on it again, if it isn't then I think Amazon has changed something. I DID have concerns about Amazon a while back when they started channeling goods through Amazon Prime and said then that I hope it doesn't affect the numbers. We'll see, but you don't dismiss 3 years of accuracy because of 4 months. It shows something changed for those months, not Amazon wasn't reliable.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Including the the 4K blu ray was a good idea.

So, I haven't been on VGC for a while until recently, but I would assume that the general consensus would be that the XBO would win October with GoW4 launching, and the PS4 Pro launching this month, no?

Cool it solidifice my decision to buy a xbox slim

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Teeqoz said:
So, I haven't been on VGC for a while until recently, but I would assume that the general consensus would be that the XBO would win October with GoW4 launching, and the PS4 Pro launching this month, no?

Yupp... this is pretty much all the spotlight it will get untill scorpio releases. Cannot wait for next months slaughter

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

yvanjean said:
Swordmasterman said:
This is the last interesting NPD of the year.

How can you say that when November will be the biggest month for either consoles. PS4 is expected to win but seeing the numbers will be pretty exciting.

EVeryone want to see the PS4 Pro numbers.

I mean that this  is the last competitive NPD of the year for the Xbox One and PS4.