By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Bernie Sanders wouldn't have lost against Trump

Who should've run for president as democratic candidate?

Hillary Clinton 6 4.62%

Bernie Sanders 105 80.77%

Joe Biden 5 3.85%

Elizabeth Warren 2 1.54%

Bill Clinton 12 9.23%

Total:130
Ka-pi96 said:
Maybe, but he did lose against Clinton, unlike Trump

His loss wasn't black & white. I was SHOCKED learning a few facts about how he lost, I am not saying he would've won if the system was different, but the fact remains, the democratic party has very strange rules concerning how they choose their candidate, it's the least democartic thing in America.

Around the Network

It's hard to say. On the one hand, Bernie has fewer scandals and isn't tied to the Status Quo. On the other hand, Bernie has almost no chance of winning over anyone even slightly right. He would have needed to unite a very strong Democratic party to have a chance and it's tough to say whether he could have done so. I should think not since a lot of Hillary supporters were avidly agains Bernie.

Nuvendil said:
It's hard to say. On the one hand, Bernie has fewer scandals and isn't tied to the Status Quo. On the other hand, Bernie has almost no chance of winning over anyone even slightly right. He would have needed to unite a very strong Democratic party to have a chance and it's tough to say whether he could have done so. I should think not since a lot of Hillary supporters were avidly agains Bernie.

I usually stay out of political threads, but I'm just here to say he had the independent vote. Third parties only started to get the boost after HIllary won the seat. Trump would have gotten destroyed if Bernie was the nominee.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Hopefully a Trump Presidency will see a resurgence in the political left and a strong left wing leader will emerge with strong support from the youth. Protest against Trump, make more noise if you are unhappy about having Trump as President.

I have been saying it for awhile. Bernie would have easily won, the DNC is arguably more corrupt than the GOP and they got what they deserved.

Around the Network
uran10 said:
Nuvendil said:

I usually stay out of political threads, but I'm just here to say he had the independent vote. Third parties only started to get the boost after HIllary won the seat. Trump would have gotten destroyed if Bernie was the nominee.

Win or lose, I highly  doubt it would have been a blowout.  Bernie is just way too controversial in even moderately right circles.  

Panama said:
I bet a lot of Bernie supporters voted Trump tbh.

I think a lot of them probably didn't vote. Trump had an enthusiastic base of supporters like Svoanders. He probably got high turnout. Hillary had a lot of apathy from traditionally strong democratic voting bases. Honestly, the fact that the choice from the two major parties was Trump and Clinton was joke. Neither of them should been on the ballot. What a joke.

Bernie was a plant all along as the wikileaks emails show.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/47397

Fwd: Sanders criticism

To: john.podesta@gmail.com

Date: 2015-05-26 12:04

Subject: Fwd: Sanders criticism

This isn’t in keeping w the agreement. Since we clearly have some leverage, would be good to flag this for him. I could send a signal via Welch–or did you establish a direct line w him?

Begin forwarded message:

Date: May 26, 2015 at 9:22:07 AM EDT

To: Robby Mook re47@hillaryclinton.com, Kristina Schake , Jennifer Palmieri , Tony Carrktcarrk@hillaryclinton.com, John Podesta john.podesta@gmail.com, Oren Shur oshur@hillaryclinton.com, Brian Fallon bfallon@hillaryclinton.com Subject:

FW: Sanders criticism Following up on our call on Friday, just wanted to give some updates and flag that Bernie went after HRC and WJC on wealth (including using the word “hustle.)

The moment Bernie Sanders was singled and stepped down from the primary , there was indication of foul play from within the democratic party who were looking forward to outsmart Trump with the former democratic Secretary of state. They just hired the wrong candidate.

the-pi-guy said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Maybe, but he did lose against Clinton, unlike Trump

Doesn't mean a lot.  

It's about matchups, not as clear as Trump >Clinton>Bernie

Faelco said:

You can't be sure of anything. The fact is that democrat voters appeared really divided between pro-Hillary and pro-Bernie. A lot of pro-Bernie most likely didn't vote for Hillary, but a lot of pro-Hillary wouldn't have vote for Bernie either. Their programs and speeches were too different, they needed to work together against Trump. They didn't.

It wasn't as many though.  A lot of early matchups had him winning higher margins.  If there were 10 voters who would never vote for Bernie, there were probably 20 or more voters who would never vote Clinton. 

Nuvendil said:

Bernie would have actually had a chance by being anti-establishment.  Even some people that voted for Trump liked that about him.  Also Bernie could have been able to pull in the gun vote, something Clinton wouldn't be able to do.  

Oh he is anti establishment, that's his biggest strength.  Just hard to see the right - even the moderate right - backing him and if he couldn't nite the Democratic party, he would have been hard pressed to win.  It would have been a cllse race, win or lose.