By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo Switch Getting A Super Smash Bros. Port!

KLXVER said:

Defend it all you like. This is just Nintendo being lazy.

If they don't have anything else then yeah... pretty shoddy. Have to wait till January to see if they announce any games that are actually new.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
KLXVER said:

If they don't have anything else then yeah... pretty shoddy. Have to wait till January to see if they announce any games that are actually new.

I really hope so. WiiU ports is not going to make anyone rush out to pre-order a Switch.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Offcourse, Switch is completle new platform with new concept, with whole life in front and tons of new games, it will be launched with completle new 3D Zelda and maybe with new 3D Mario. Wii U is platform that litarly was dead after 1st year and didnt had any future, despite have some great games that wasn't enough for purchase for majority of buyers.

For instance even on PS4 you have tons of PS4 owners who didn't had PS3 and didn't played The Last Of US, Uncharted Trilogy, God Of War 3...I am also one of them, I didnt had PS3 and I will buy PS4 and games that I mentione.

Well maybe people should skip the Switch and wait to play even more "new" games for the next Nintendo console then...

You basically ignored everything I wrote.

Wii U was dead console without any future almost from start, despite some great games those games were not enuf for majority of potential buyers to buy console like that. Also maybe you don't remember, but I remember Wii U first year was full of negativity on internet.

It doesn't have anything with with lazenes, it has with making very strong 1st year lineup for Switch without any drought, and using best things that failed Wii U has to offer. Sony done something similar with PS4 even PS3 sold great.

KLXVER said:
Barkley said:

I really hope so. WiiU ports is not going to make anyone rush out to pre-order a Switch.

Actualy Wii U ports makes Switch much more appealing for all people that didn't had Wii U, and we know that only 13m people have WiiU.

watch the smash port be their ''big'' holiday title

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:

With 3D Mario, very posible new Pokmon game, new Retro game...Wii U port being "big" holiday game!? Highly unlikely.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Well maybe people should skip the Switch and wait to play even more "new" games for the next Nintendo console then...

Wii U was dead console without any future almost from start, despite some great games those games were not enuf for majority of potential buyers to buy console like that. Also maybe you don't remember, but I remember Wii U first year was full of negativity on internet.

It doesn't have anything with with lazenes, it has with making very strong 1st year lineup for Switch without any drought, and using best things that failed Wii U has to offer. Sony done something similar with PS4 even PS3 sold great.

KLXVER said:

Actualy Wii U ports makes Switch much more appealing for all people that didn't had Wii U, and we know that only 13m people have WiiU.

Thats not a good thing. If you have to use your old games as fillers to avoid droughts, then you obviously dont have much new content coming. The argument that games that didnt make people buy a WiiU will suddenly make them purchase a Switch is ridiculous.

Miyamotoo said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

With 3D Mario, very posible new Pokmon game, new Retro game...Wii U port being "big" holiday game!? Highly unlikely.

I'm just saying. This is the same company that thought a big announcement was Cranky Kong. I'll never get over that D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Thats not a good thing. If you have to use your old games as fillers to avoid droughts, then you obviously dont have much new content coming.

The argument that games that didnt make people buy a WiiU will suddenly make them purchase a Switch is ridiculous.

More games is in every case is good thing, of course that's good for Switch to have those ports even if it has plenty of new games alone. So buy your point if they have plenty of new games they dont need to port great and very popular Wii U games like MK8, Splatoon and Smash Bros, even those games will have great sales on Switch also because Wii U is huge faile with very low instal base and actualy majority of future Switch owners didnt play them!?

I didnt said that only port of Wii U games will make people who didnt buyed Wii U to buy Switch, but fact is that for people who didnt had Wii U, Switch with ports of MK8, Splatoon and Smash is much more appeling. Same like PS4 was more appeling with ports of Last Of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, God Of War...for people who didnt had PS3.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Miyamotoo said:

I'm just saying. This is the same company that thought a big announcement was Cranky Kong. I'll never get over that D:

Actually isn't same company, Nintendo has changed a lot in past 3 years and they learned lessons from Wii U.

spurgeonryan said:
We should make a Laura Date kale super thread now to combat too many of those threads.

OT,

I would not doubt this at all. I hope most Wii U games from Nintendo get ported.

Yes! Just like what they were doing with the Wii games on the eshop. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Thats not a good thing. If you have to use your old games as fillers to avoid droughts, then you obviously dont have much new content coming.

The argument that games that didnt make people buy a WiiU will suddenly make them purchase a Switch is ridiculous.

More games is in every case is good thing, of course that's good for Switch to have those ports even if it has plenty of new games alone. So buy your point if they have plenty of new games they dont need to port great and very popular Wii U games like MK8, Splatoon and Smash Bros, even those games will have great sales on Switch also because Wii U is huge faile with very low instal base and actualy majority of future Switch owners didnt play them!?

I didnt said that only port of Wii U games will make people who didnt buyed Wii U to buy Switch, but fact is that people who didnt had Wii U Switch with ports of MK8, Splatoon and Smash is more appeling. Same like PS4 was more appeling with ports of Last Of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, God Of War...for people who didnt had PS3.

PwerlvlAmy said:

Actually isn't same company, Nintendo has changed a lot in past 3 years and they learned lessons from Wii U.

This mentality of pleasing people who didnt buy the previous console is mind boggeling to me. Its the company wanting to make money on doing less work. I remember the PS3 ports, I spoke up against those too and people were furious with me. Its a new console. People want new games. Sure some people might be happy that they can play Smash Bros. For WiiU on Switch. It might help them to avoid droughts, but that doesnt help me or any other gamer who owned a WiiU and want new games to play. Im thinking about me and people in my situation, not whats good for Nintendo. I dont care if they make millions on lazy ports. I dont see that as a good thing for anyone.