By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo Switch Getting A Super Smash Bros. Port!

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

They want to sell people old games, then thats their decision. They have a chance to surprise people and bundle some older games to make the Switch seem like a good value...but they probably will sell them for 50 bucks a pop. Just dont act surprised when people start asking for new games and complaining about ports.

Well whole generation is like that, just look market is flowed with remasters. There will of course be new games and more new games than actual ports, so there will no need for people asking for new games and complaining about ports.

Of course there will be more new games than remasters. The question is how long will it be between the new games. If Nintendos big games for every 2 months after launch is Smash Bros 4, MK8 and Splatoon? Thats not a great flow of games to me. That is a 6 month drought.

They need to show some generosity towards people when their console launches. Not 2-3 years later when your console is already struggeling(Talking about a free game with the MK8 purchase and Bayonetta with Bayonetta 2)

Nintendo is not in the same situation as Sony. What works for Sony isnt guaranteed to work for Nintendo. Sony can get away with remasters because they have great support for their console. Nintendo needs to gain a bigger audience before they start thinking about porting their WiiU games. Why? Because the early adoters will be the big Nintendo fans like us who have played these games already.

I need sleep now...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well whole generation is like that, just look market is flowed with remasters. There will of course be new games and more new games than actual ports, so there will no need for people asking for new games and complaining about ports.

Of course there will be more new games than remasters. The question is how long will it be between the new games. If Nintendos big games for every 2 months after launch is Smash Bros 4, MK8 and Splatoon? Thats not a great flow of games to me. That is a 6 month drought.

Nintendo is not in the same situation as Sony. What works for Sony isnt guaranteed to work for Nintendo. Sony can get away with remasters because they have great support for their console.

Nintendo needs to gain a bigger audience before they start thinking about porting their WiiU games. Why? Because the early adoters will be the big Nintendo fans like us who have played these games already.

I need sleep now...

I really don't understand what are exactly you saying, do you expect that in first 6 months we will have only 3 ports without new games!? Because that isn't true. You can bet in January we will see plenty of new Switch games and only few Wii U remasters.

But fact is that you dont get out with remasters (also fact is that remasters are today standard) beacuse remasters actually help your platform no other way around. Ports of great Wii U games will affect that Switch be more appealing platform for people that didn't had Wii U, than Switch without ports of great Wii U games.

Like I wrote, Nintendo will not launch Switch with multiple ports/remasters, they will launch with new games and probable just one port. Ports/remasters will not be key Switch launch and 1st year games, games like Zelda BotW, new 3D Mario, new Pokemon, Monster Hunter, posible new Retro game in 1st year...will be main games not ports/remasters of Wii U games. Ports/reamasters of great Wii U games will be only great addon for Switch lineup, and together will make killer 1st year Switch linuep (just imagine new 3D Mario, new 3D Zelda, new Pokemon, new Monster Hunter, some other new games, and Wii U remasters MK8.5, Splatoon 1.5, Smash Bros 4.5...all in 1st year).

This was pretty much expected, so it's good to see it "confirmed". I haven't bought any of the DLC for Smash on the Wii U, so this will be a must-buy for me, especially if there's new content (Pichu, please!).

I guess they will release this the same time as the Bayonetta, Corrin and Cloud Amiibos! = $$$$$$$$$$

Pocky Lover Boy! 

To the people that are arguing over the whole Wii U to Switch ports discussion. The more games a console has the better. It offers more options and a variety of games. Not saying that the Switch should have 20 Wii U ports but games like Smash MK8 and Splatoon are really great and should be on the Switch for the people that not only passed up on the Wii U but also bought the Wii U.

I have a Wii U with Smash MK8 and Splatoon, but I am actually happy these ports are being made for the Switch. This not only lessens the possibility of a drough but also gives me some more time to play the games that I feel like I should have played more of. If they add all the DLC to the new Mario Kart on Switch that would be amazing because I didnt buy DLC for the Wii U version.

Around the Network

I just hope that the value for the original games increases, cause I still have Smash and Splatoon sealed, and I'm probably playing them when the online communities are dead. But this is Nintendo after all, Brawl went down to $30 very late in the Wii's lifespan, Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover went Selects after a long ass time too.

I should probably sell them while they're still relevant....

Lots of remasteres in the horizon and no sign of third party games. I guess Nintendo Switch will be the secondary console to play Nintendo exclusives that has first party games with lots of previous gen remaster. They need to announce something different in January.

daredevil.shark said:
Lots of remasteres in the horizon and no sign of third party games. I guess Nintendo Switch will be the secondary console to play Nintendo exclusives that has first party games with lots of previous gen remaster. They need to announce something different in January.

Not really. No sign of any confirmed games untill 12/01/2016 and rumours on the horizion untill then.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

The question is..

Will Ice climbers be included?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I wouldn't mind triple dipping on a version with all the dlc included. In fact it's the main reason why I haven't purchased any of the dlc yet. If it includes all the 3ds and Wii u stages as well it would be even better!