By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo Switch Getting A Super Smash Bros. Port!

KLXVER said:
ironmanDX said:

We've seen worse..

A lot of people double dip. Not to mention a tonne of people skipped the WiiU. Why not.

I have the 3DS version but might buy the Switch version too. Depending on what it offers.

Thats what Nintendo is banking on. Having their fans buy their games a second time.

More like Nintendo is banking on 3DS users who didn't buy a Wii U to get these Wii U games and play it on the go. 

Flop games like AC Amiibo Festival might do better on the handheld since AC fans are there. Or Pokken might even do better on the handheld because Pokemon fans are there. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

More games is in every case is good thing, of course that's good for Switch to have those ports even if it has plenty of new games alone. So buy your point if they have plenty of new games they dont need to port great and very popular Wii U games like MK8, Splatoon and Smash Bros, even those games will have great sales on Switch also because Wii U is huge faile with very low instal base and actualy majority of future Switch owners didnt play them!?

I didnt said that only port of Wii U games will make people who didnt buyed Wii U to buy Switch, but fact is that people who didnt had Wii U Switch with ports of MK8, Splatoon and Smash is more appeling. Same like PS4 was more appeling with ports of Last Of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, God Of War...for people who didnt had PS3.

Actually isn't same company, Nintendo has changed a lot in past 3 years and they learned lessons from Wii U.

This mentality of pleasing people who didnt buy the previous console is mind boggeling to me. Its the company wanting to make money on doing less work. I remember the PS3 ports, I spoke up against those too and people were furious with me. Its a new console. People want new games. Sure some people might be happy that they can play Smash Bros. For WiiU on Switch. It might help them to avoid droughts, but that doesnt help me or any other gamer who owned a WiiU and want new games to play. Im thinking about me and people in my situation, not whats good for Nintendo. I dont care if they make millions on lazy ports. I dont see that as a good thing for anyone.

There is a bit of a problem when comparing PS360 ports with GC/WiiU ports. When a PS360 game gets a remaster, around 160m people have had the opportunity of buying it already, so remaking it again might seem pointless to the eyes of many. The same can't be said about GC/WiiU games, just because those original userbases are minuscule in comparaison, so chances are people who were interested in those games never had the hardware for them. Now they have a chance to play them, unlike PS360 remasters, which they probably had the original hardware but never cared enough about the game to buy it there.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

This mentality of pleasing people who didnt buy the previous console is mind boggeling to me. Its the company wanting to make money on doing less work. I remember the PS3 ports, I spoke up against those too and people were furious with me. Its a new console. People want new games. Sure some people might be happy that they can play Smash Bros. For WiiU on Switch. It might help them to avoid droughts, but that doesnt help me or any other gamer who owned a WiiU and want new games to play. Im thinking about me and people in my situation, not whats good for Nintendo. I dont care if they make millions on lazy ports. I dont see that as a good thing for anyone.

There is a bit of a problem when comparing PS360 ports with GC/WiiU ports. When a PS360 game gets a remaster, around 160m people have had the opportunity of buying it already, so remaking it again might seem pointless to the eyes of many. The same can't be said about GC/WiiU games, just because those original userbases are minuscule in comparaison, so chances are people who were interested in those games never had the hardware for them. Now they have a chance to play them, unlike PS360 remasters, which they probably had the original hardware but never cared enough about the game to buy it there.

I didnt compare them...

EDIT: or are you talkiing about GC games on Switch?

KLXVER said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I didnt compare them...

Ups. Did I quote the wrong post? :P

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I want to play new games on Switch not Wii U ones I have been playing for years :/

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:

I didnt compare them...

Ups. Did I quote the wrong post? :P

I dont know. I dont think GC ports on Wii or WiiU ports on Switch are any better than PS3/360 ports on the PS4/XB1.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

More games is in every case is good thing, of course that's good for Switch to have those ports even if it has plenty of new games alone. So buy your point if they have plenty of new games they dont need to port great and very popular Wii U games like MK8, Splatoon and Smash Bros, even those games will have great sales on Switch also because Wii U is huge faile with very low instal base and actualy majority of future Switch owners didnt play them!?

I didnt said that only port of Wii U games will make people who didnt buyed Wii U to buy Switch, but fact is that people who didnt had Wii U Switch with ports of MK8, Splatoon and Smash is more appeling. Same like PS4 was more appeling with ports of Last Of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, God Of War...for people who didnt had PS3.

Actually isn't same company, Nintendo has changed a lot in past 3 years and they learned lessons from Wii U.

But you can have ports/remasters of some Wii U games with new content and new games in same time, its win-win situation. So its even good for you like Wii U owner, but whats more important its good for platform because platform will be more popular and more appealing for people who didn't had Wii U (I constantly seeing people who didnt had Wii U and planning to buy Switch saying they hope for more Wii U ports/remasters on Switch), and popular and successful platform means better sales and better sales means better support with more games.

So having ports/remasters of best and biggest Wii U games on Switch is positive thing, not negative.

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

But you can have ports/remasters of some Wii U games with new content and new games in same time, its win-win situation. So its even good for you like Wii U owner, but whats more important its good for platform because platform be more more popular and more appealing for people who didn't had Wii U, and popular and successful platform means better support with more games.

How is it good for me? Instead of buying some DLC for like 10 bucks, I have to buy the game again for like 50?  I supported the WiiU and Im sorry that Nintendo arent satisfied with the sales of it and their games, but dont take that out on us who bought your failed console.

If they want to release Smash Bros 4 and Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, then fine. Release them on the same day as Smash Bros 5 and Mario Kart 9. Then we who have played those games get new ones and the ones who didnt get to play the old ones, now has that chance.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

But you can have ports/remasters of some Wii U games with new content and new games in same time, its win-win situation. So its even good for you like Wii U owner, but whats more important its good for platform because platform be more more popular and more appealing for people who didn't had Wii U, and popular and successful platform means better support with more games.

How is it good for me? Instead of buying some DLC for like 10 bucks, I have to buy the game again for like 50?  I supported the WiiU and Im sorry that Nintendo arent satisfied with the sales of it and their games, but dont take that out on us who bought your failed console.

If they want to release Smash Bros 4 and Mario Kart 8 on the Switch, then fine. Release them on the same day as Smash Bros 5 and Mario Kart 9. Then we who have played those games get new ones and the ones who didnt get to play the old ones, now has that chance.

Well its seems those games are remastered not simple port, more like MK8.5, Splatoon 1.5 and Smash Bros 4.5, probably they will have improved graphics (1080p with AA!?) and new content. So even they are not completle new game they will intresting for Wii U owners also. Maybe you will get some discount if you have digital some of those games on Wii U. They don't take anything on Wii U owners (lol), you are not forced to buy those games on Switch. Also you need to understand that this generation ports/remasters are basically normal thing. 

And I already wrote why thats good for you like Switch owner, "its good for platform because platform will be more popular and more appealing for people who didn't had Wii U (I constantly seeing people who didnt had Wii U and planning to buy Switch saying they hope for more Wii U ports/remasters on Switch), and popular and successful platform means better sales and better sales means better support with more games".

Releasing two Smash, MK or Splatoon games in same time, even in same year (I would say maybe even in same generation on one platform) doesn't make any sense.

Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Well its seems those games are remastered not simple port, more like MK8.5, Splatoon 1.5 and Smash Bros 4.5, probably they will have improved graphics (1080p with AA!?) and new content. Maybe you will get some discount if you have digital some of those games on Wii U. They don't take anything on Wii U owners (lol), you are not forced to buy those games on Switch. Also you need to understand that this generation ports/remasters are basically normal thing. 

And I already wrote why thats good for you like Switch owner, "its good for platform because platform will be more popular and more appealing for people who didn't had Wii U (I constantly seeing people who didnt had Wii U and planning to buy Switch saying they hope for more Wii U ports/remasters on Switch), and popular and successful platform means better sales and better sales means better support with more games".

Releasing two Smash, MK or Splatoon games in same time, even in same year (I would say even i same generation) doesn't make any sense.

I dont care whats good for the Switch. I care about whats good for Nintendo fans who still stick with them.

and why doesnt it make any sense to release ports of WiiU games and new games in the franchise around the same time? Arent people who didnt own a WiiU dying to play these games on the Switch? No, everyone would rather have new games in the franchises than buying 3 year old games. It wouldnt make sense to Nintendo because they would get those sweet extra money from their fans. They should fucking give away these ports to anyone kind enough to still support their new console after the WiiU.