By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Now I know how countries with horrible dictators feel

Jpcc86 said:
What? No matter how terrible your choice for president is, your political model doesn't allow him/her to have as much power to even be remotely close to be a dictator.
Also, dont waste you vote. If anything vote for whatever you consider the lesser of two evils, cause one of them is gonna be president.

And this term more than ever.  Republicans have already pretty much said that they're going to shoot down everything Clinton might try.  

If Trump wins, we already know that many of his promises aren't even within the power of the Presidency.  

This is shaping up to be a wasted, ineffectual term regardless of who wins.  Which, in a way, might be a good thing.

Around the Network

"Now I know how countries with horrible dictators feel"

You can say that if Trump delivers on all his promises, but since the election isn't even over I'd say you're being a little premature.

They're not two great candidates, but Americans always get overdramatic about this stuff. We are still by and large generally spoiled compared to how the rest of the world lives.

All this talk about Russia being on an even match for the US ... are you kidding me? Do you realize the average Russian's take home pay is $450 ... *a month*? Don't even get me started on political freedoms in Russia, hope you like the same leader for basically 20+ years.

Do you realize people in Europe live in homes 1/2 or even 1/3 the size of the average American? And in Japan it's like 1/4.

Sure the choices this election cycle weren't great, but (a big) part of the reason the "system is broken" is because American voters are lazier than a fat kid trying to climb a flight of stairs. Where is the protest to get money out of lobbying and politicians? This is an issue that both the left and right agree on.

But too many people think their role in political discourse begins and ends with electing a president. It doesn't. You have to show up for mid-term elections too, those are just as important. You need to elect congressmen who will push whatever agenda it is you want. Etc. etc. etc. I read a survey where 1/3 of Americans couldn't even name the three branches of their own government. Is it any surprise corporations are able to manipulate such a system? 

To be honest I don't even view Clinton as an extremist. She is more centrist/right than Obama or Sanders but still is progressive enough. The economy boomed under the previous Clinton presidency. Trump's issue is he is woefully inexperienced and temperamentally unsound.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm pretty sure Hillary and Trump are not the only choices for the USA presidence. Why do people complain about having to vote one of the two when you can vote someone else? It's just a matter of reading things from other candidates.

That's the sad part of the United States, they so called leader of democracy. People have gotten so lazy that they are willing to have the news and social media dictate their choice. There are 4 candidates running for president and out of those, I actually like 1 better than Clinton and Trump. But since the media now controls what people think and do, no one cares to find out what's going on. Hell, the worst part is that people do not even care about the local elections taking place that will have an even bigger impact on what happens in their lives. But oh well, hopefully I will have to stand about one more month of people saying "Trump will bring jobs back" or "I'm with her".

Around the Network

Dont. USA will be fine with either. Presidents dont have all the power. Countries with an actual dictator either cant vote or voting is irrelevant. People are blowing this out of proportion. My favourite is when we start comparing USA with 1984.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Soonerman said:

hopefully I will have to stand about one more month of people saying "Trump will bring jobs back" or "I'm with her".

One more month?  It will be over tonight.  The funny part is that if Republicans went with anyone besides Trump then they probably would have won.  Trump is going to lose and the Republicans will probably lose the Senate and take decent loses in the House holding a slim majority.

Insulted by this...while middle eastern countries are forced with vile leaders who kill anyone who criticizes them, Americans are whining and acting like their life is suddenly so bad...

Get over it. Life isn't perfect. Perhaps if people who hated trump/hillary voted for someone else, then we wouldn't have them. But no, everyone expects Jesus to run or else they will tear down all alternates and leave them in the gutter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

This is something that can be discussed in the other thread.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=222411&page=1