By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was your *first* main series Final Fantasy game?

A little off topic but ever since coming to this site and seeing how popular FF8 is I been wondering if this is base on which FF was your first.

When FF8 came out after loving every FF 1-7 I hated 8 and everyone I knew hated 8. Truthfully until coming to this site I just assume everyone disliked that game. Been awhile but I think it was a dislike of lack of equipment replaced by Junction System and level scaling and simply not enjoying the story as much as the standard set by 7 and the SNES ones.

So the people that like ff8 was your introduction to FF on the NES/SNES or was playstation or later when you was introduce?

Not looking for a debate on the game, I am just truly curious if dislike of the game was just in my circle of friends and people I knew or is what people think of the game more of a generational thing.

Around the Network
Wright said:

The very first FF I played was through some emulator my uncle had, and it was FFIV. I was too young to understand anything (as it was in English), though I remember playing quite a bit from it.

The one that I first played, understood (sorta I guess because the translation was a trainwreck) and beat was FF VII, though.

Moments like that one make me thankful I was fluent in English from a young age... 

AsGryffynn said:

Moments like that one make me thankful I was fluent in English from a young age... 

I was kinda taught english at a young age, but for the love of me, I was too young at that point. I still have vivid images of what I was playing though.

Final Fantasy 1. Nes.

Used to think it was the same franchise a Dragon Quest. Cause like... Similarities.

I had all SNES games in my first SNES emulator. It was probably VI.

But my favorite turned out to be IV.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII

Played VI when it was eventually released over here for PS1, actually played it on a PS2 which shows how late it was to come over here. Aside from the MMO's, I've played every one since, VIII is by far my favourite.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Maybe FF1 on IOS.
I subsequently played 3, 4, 6, 7, 13.

Althought my first console was a famicon clone, then a SNES, then a Gameboy, and then a PSone, the first FF I ever found was 8.
I loved by the way, played 140 hours of it.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

FF X.First and best FF game I have ever played.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

X , still my favorite after replaying it multiple times many years since I first played it.