By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Sony :/

eab said:

Funny. I make a thread saying my honest reasons why I simply don't like a company...  and now I'm a troll? I applaud the efforts of some of the replies correcting me saying things like "actually Creative doesn't make the best sound cards" But it seems most of you simply see the thread title, lable me a Nintendo fanboy, and start to whine and complain.

It was just a rant and I was wondering if anyone agreed with it or wanted to correct any of my views. It wasn't my intent to start a flame war, that was you guys.

I agree with you for what its worth but that doesn't carry much with folk around here who have labeled me equally as a troll. You see, the residents of this forum are under the impression that Sony is winning and that this is a Sony forum, moderated by Sony fans and that VG Chartz is for some reason, pro-Sony. It's an odd delusion I know but try watching some episodes of the Twilight Zone it helps put much of this in perspective.

Around the Network

interesting how anyone who doesn't like Sony must be a Nintendo fanboy. Do the two have to be related? There are plenty of people who dislike Sony as a company for perfectly valid reasons. They don't have to be Nintendo fans.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
interesting how anyone who doesn't like Sony must be a Nintendo fanboy. Do the two have to be related? There are plenty of people who dislike Sony as a company for perfectly valid reasons. They don't have to be Nintendo fans.

Yeah, on this forum if you have any complaint about Sony, you're automatically a Nintendo Fanboy, or more generally, a Sony hater.

eab said:

Funny. I make a thread saying my honest reasons why I simply don't like a company...  and now I'm a troll? I applaud the efforts of some of the replies correcting me saying things like "actually Creative doesn't make the best sound cards" But it seems most of you simply see the thread title, lable me a Nintendo fanboy, and start to whine and complain.

It was just a rant and I was wondering if anyone agreed with it or wanted to correct any of my views. It wasn't my intent to start a flame war, that was you guys.

It was a simple rant, and if people would of stopped posting "close this thread" and calling you a troll then it would died and dissappeared of the front page...

It's like those retards who protest movies... they make this giant spectacle and the whole time the "movie" is getting free publicity. Ever ear about Ghetto'opoly? it's a Monopoly game but set in the Ghetto, pick up a card and it would say "You got yo whole neighborhood addicted to crack. Collect $50.". Would of never heard of it if it wasn't protested and mentioned in the news http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/10/09/ghettopoly.ap/. The stores sold out for months after the news broke.

People in general are just dumb...

Now I'm off to read the Wii and MS rants!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

eab said:
Random thought here. I was never really a fan of Sony. It's kinda like the United States of the electronic world. Claims it is the best at everything (and perhaps it is) and puts it's nose everywhere it can.

I like companies that have their own little field and they are great at it. Companies that have a reputation for their one type of product. Examples for subfields in audio:

-Want a sound card? Creative. They have been putting out the best and the most wildly used ones for decades.

-Want nice speakers? Bose. Well known and excellent quality.

-Want an MP3 player? Apple. Self explanatory really. Sure there are other brands, but c'mon, Apple wins.

Then there's Sony. They want to make everything and anything. They want to make speakers, radios, plasma TVs, watches, etc. I was reading a magazine and saw an add for Sony cameras that read "No other Camera Company can match our quality" The nerve of them! Canon and Nikon rightfully dominate that field, not some electronics company that specializes in... um... What does Sony actually specialize in anyway? In what field can you say "Yup, Sony will be remembered for that. Some may say the Playstation but in a 100 years I'm pretty sure Nintendo will be the one referred back to and the one going down in the history books.

Then there's Sony's desire to be a monopoly on media formats. Beta-max, mini-CDs, Sony Memory stick, Blu-Ray... Give it up already! I mean, honestly, time and time again the consumers choose the other brand and Sony just trys it again. It appears they may have finally won with Blu-Ray but in my mind they only managed by abusing their PlayStation brand name. They knew millions of PS3s would sell so they used it to push their other product on the shelves.

Speaking of Playstation, that's another thing that gets on my nerves. back with the SNES it was "Hey Nintendo! Use CDs!! Please Please!!" Nintendo declined and like a spoiled kid Sony said "but... but... our CDs... Well fine then, we'll just make our own system! Ha!" And, so it went. Credit to Sony they made a system that sold tens of millions and beat the incombant Nintendo fair and square. Nintendo was disappointed but at least it still had the handheld market, a market it has defended and won over for decades. Then, typical Sony attitude "well we have 60% market share of consoles... but we don't own handhelds yet..." and so on they went and announced the PSP. At around this time I guessed what would happen, and thankfully was proved right. You don't back a wounded animal into a corner (going after Nintendo's last market, perhaps the thing that has kept it in buisness thoughout the years) Nintendo was forced to innovate massively and created the DS which dominated the PSP after sevreal years. Nintendo followed this idea and made the the Wii, getting a massive success as well, and thus, has pushed the Sony Giant away from their territory for the moment.

Nintendo, Bose, and Apple are the exception though. While these companies have successfully (temporarily) defeated the Sony empire, Sony keeps showing up in other people's territories and with it's name keeps pushing smaller companies aside. Televisions, DVD players, speakers, headphones, watches, music players, Music record labels, Movies, phones, laptops, calculators, gaming devices, translators, cables...Gah!!

/rant

yeah, yeah......you untarstand everything, greetings!

PLAYSTATION®3

Around the Network

Apple is now trying to create their own cross tech monopoly: computers, MP3 players and now cell phones... That goes against everything you said. The reason why Nintendo doesn't go around making products of different kinds is because they are a smaller company and can't do that, if Nintendo were big enough they would be trying to make phones, TVs and whatnot too... Also the history is clear that Nintendo screwed over Sony the day after Sony had revealed their mutual project so Nintendo is definitely the asshole in that story. If it wasn't for Sony, Nintendo would have started creating monopoly in video game consoles which we know is bad.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

i own a ps2...FFX,FFXII,DragonQ8, NBA2K7,katamari .... its not like i hate sony..well atleast not that much

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

"Microsoft fans are too busy playing games, Sonytards and Nintedrones are the only ones with enough time right now to flame." clueless!

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

This is my problem with Sony. They reached too far with Blu-ray. The Cell processor I don't have problems with. Theoretically, a lot can be done with it, and it will be interesting to see what they can churn out. But Blu-ray ... First, it delayed the PS3. We would've had the PS3 much sooner, and for a cheaper price. Second, it doesn't add anything to gaming. Seriously. It's just more space. More space isn't bad, but adding over $100 to the pricetag and delaying the highly anticipated successor to the most successful console ever made is a big no-no. PS3 would be on the market, cheaper, and I guarantee God of War 2 would've been one of its titles, not a PS2 game. Blu-ray definitely feels like a trojan horse. If Blu-ray didn't have the PS3 to depend on for sales, it would be getting its ass handed to it by HD-DVD. Including the PS3, there are over 3 million Blu-ray players in the wild. HD-DVD probably has maybe 200,000 players out there. The attach rate is less than 1 Blu-ray disc per owner, while HD-DVD is about a 5:1 attach rate. WHO CARES! I WANT GAMES! SCREW NEXT GEN DVD FORMATS! Other than that, Sony is A-okay in my book.

Gballzack said:

I agree with just about everything said in the OP but I honestly don't know what will be achieved by posting this.

Eurofags live and die by Sony, in Europe, a brand name means everything, Sony could sell a brick with a turd on it and the European crowd would buy it up, they're sheep in every respect. Americans aren't much better though as every gamer not in a fraternity or interjecting the word "sick" into every other scentence was a Sonytard not too long ago.

There's nothing wrong with a company wanting to do everything or monopolize a market, just when they do a bad job of it like Sony does, it begins to cause worry.

Also nothing seems to anger a Sony fan more than a company that does something right, i.e. Nintendo. Funny too since just last gen Sony fans were just fine with a console that had inferior graphics now they've seemingly overnight developed a severe allergy to anything that isn't 1080dpi. Funny that.

P.S. this forum is 65% Sony trolls, so keep in mind your audience next time you try and get a thread going, lawls. Me, oh well, I just do it for the kicks.

I seriously object to the "Eurofags live and die by Sony, in Europe, a brand name means everything, Sony could sell a brick with a turd on it and the European crowd would buy it up, they're sheep in every respect." This directly insults everyone in Europe. Maybe the reason Sony has been so successfulin Europe is becuase they actually saw it as a major market, and therefore created games European people would be interested in, and had decent PR. Also your comment about brand names is basically down to trust, if a company's product has performed well, then it's likely people will buy other products under their name. Are you seriously saying you'd choose some Ford etc over a similarly priced Audi/Mercedes that is less likely to break down and will perform decently in all areas, just because you thought the brand name meant nothing? Brand names mean various things, ie in Europe Japanese brand means reliability (in virtually all products), European brand means quality, Chinese brand means cheap, American brand means...  I'll stop there.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk