By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Sony :/

Gballzack said:
Sony's track record. - Beta-Max - Mini-Disc - PS2's crappy quality construction & Plastic parts - Infamous PS2 Blue Disc - Malicious Root-Kits discretely put in Music CDs - Eye Toy - The PSX - Largest Lithium-Ion Battery Recall In History - Massive Digital Camera Recall - the UMD format - The failed use of the UMD as a movie format - Poor design of PSP - Plans to make PS3 game discs unplayable on all but one PS3. - The PS3!!! - Six-Axis - PS3 in Europe not being reverse compatible - PS3 HDMI compatibility only working with less than 10% of HD TVs on the market. - Jack Trenton - Square-Enix threatening not to develop anymore for the PS3 if Sony doesn't lower the MRSP - Namco threatening not to develop anymore for the PS3 if their games don't sell a certain number on it. - 2 Billion dollar loss - Company Excutives at Sony forced to buy up Sony stock as investors jump ship. - The PS4 allegedly going to have download only games.

you forgot lik-sang

the bastards... what's the point of making your console region free and then shutting down the best importer of games?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Gballzack said:
Sony's track record. - Beta-Max - Mini-Disc - PS2's crappy quality construction & Plastic parts - Infamous PS2 Blue Disc - Malicious Root-Kits discretely put in Music CDs - Eye Toy - The PSX - Largest Lithium-Ion Battery Recall In History - Massive Digital Camera Recall - the UMD format - The failed use of the UMD as a movie format - Poor design of PSP - Plans to make PS3 game discs unplayable on all but one PS3. - The PS3!!! - Six-Axis - PS3 in Europe not being reverse compatible - PS3 HDMI compatibility only working with less than 10% of HD TVs on the market. - Jack Trenton - Square-Enix threatening not to develop anymore for the PS3 if Sony doesn't lower the MRSP - Namco threatening not to develop anymore for the PS3 if their games don't sell a certain number on it. - 2 Billion dollar loss - Company Excutives at Sony forced to buy up Sony stock as investors jump ship. - The PS4 allegedly going to have download only games.

wow.. horrid reasons. Plus the HDMI part isnt Sony fault. Its the TVs are complatible with HDCP rules. Which all HDTVs have to by 2009 anyways.

1. The Blue PS2 discs were CDs....

2. the PSP isnt poorly designed...

3. the PS3 one disc one system thing isnt going to happen..

4. I agree Jack Trenton is a retard..

5. Square-Enix didnt say that...

6. namco makes some crap games so who cares if this is true or not...

7. where did this company excs buying their own stocks come from..

8. the PS4 is going to have a drive just for backwards compatibility

9.The others I dont feel like type up right now...

1. And they ruined the laser eyes and the PS2s. And was an overall failure of an attempt on Sony's part. I'm not sure what pointing out it was a CD-format had to do with anything in regards to my pointing it out but the fact remains it was Sony's failure.

2. Yeah, I guess buttons getting stuck underneath the screen and breaking due to the slightest bump is to be expected from any handheld.

3. I know, but the fact it was even considered shows their ill natured ambition and what Sony would have liked to do if it could have gotten away with it.

4. Yeah

5. Yeah they did. Square is still planning to develop for the PS3 but future development beyond already planned games is currently on hiatus as Square has said they are hesitant to over develop for the PS3, they "don't want PS3 to be the loser but don't want to overdevelop for it either" (i.e. get dragged down with the sinking ship) I wasn't suggesting FF13 wouldn't be on PS3, but Square-Enix is still very hesitant about dealing with such a failure of a console.

6. A dismissive statement after the fact is never a substitute of reason. Yeah, Xenosaga and Soul Calibur sucked, pity Namco. I suppose you would say the Final Fantasy franchise was starting to suck too if Square-Enix left Sony altogether as well.

7. It was posted somewhere on this site, god only knows where. And if you haven't noticed, Sony's executives and higher ups are currently at eachother's throats on the issue of the PS3 and Sony keeps experiencing drops in its stock because of the PS3. My original point was to point out that Sony's stock was struggling, and whether I can establish execs had rushed to buy up stock to try and keep it from falling any further doesn't change the fact Sony keeps experiencing dives due to what many analysts blame on the PS3 and Sony's gaming division.

8. That doesn't change the fact all Ps4 games are going to be downloadable non-physical format none the less. I don't think anyone is going to be buying the PS4 to play PS through PS3 games so pointing out reverse compatibility is somewhat of a moot point. The PS3 already does a pretty compromised job in regards to 100% reverse compatibility with its predicessors so why you think I would expect anything more from the PS4 is somewhat presumptuous.

9. Don't blame you, if this was all you could come up with for the few you felt were worth your time then I'd hate to see what you'd come up with for the others.