By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why I just honestly don't like Sony :/

Gballzack said:
diamuerto said:
Oh, so now your Nintendo Fanboy. Excuse me, we already have a user by that name. And wtf is up wid dat avatar. Wooooo, I just got really dizzy.

Obviously everything I do and have done is a ploy to irritate you and everyone else who is rubbed the wrong way by me. Can't you tell?

Please child, you'll have to do more than whatever you think you did to irritate me.  I was just being an angry goof the other night.  You give yourself too much credit.  Stof said I am an, "egotistical maniac who likes to talk about himself." 

I've never been so proud.

Around the Network

He's right, I really did say that!

Anyways, as for this thread, Well it branched into a thread for each company, so I won't close down each individual one, but I am off to send out a warning or two right now. And if I see the term "Eurofag" again, somebodies getting a ban.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Tispower said:
Gballzack said:

I agree with just about everything said in the OP but I honestly don't know what will be achieved by posting this.

Eurofags live and die by Sony, in Europe, a brand name means everything, Sony could sell a brick with a turd on it and the European crowd would buy it up, they're sheep in every respect. Americans aren't much better though as every gamer not in a fraternity or interjecting the word "sick" into every other scentence was a Sonytard not too long ago.

There's nothing wrong with a company wanting to do everything or monopolize a market, just when they do a bad job of it like Sony does, it begins to cause worry.

Also nothing seems to anger a Sony fan more than a company that does something right, i.e. Nintendo. Funny too since just last gen Sony fans were just fine with a console that had inferior graphics now they've seemingly overnight developed a severe allergy to anything that isn't 1080dpi. Funny that.

P.S. this forum is 65% Sony trolls, so keep in mind your audience next time you try and get a thread going, lawls. Me, oh well, I just do it for the kicks.

I seriously object to the "Eurofags live and die by Sony, in Europe, a brand name means everything, Sony could sell a brick with a turd on it and the European crowd would buy it up, they're sheep in every respect." This directly insults everyone in Europe. Maybe the reason Sony has been so successfulin Europe is becuase they actually saw it as a major market, and therefore created games European people would be interested in, and had decent PR. Also your comment about brand names is basically down to trust, if a company's product has performed well, then it's likely people will buy other products under their name. Are you seriously saying you'd choose some Ford etc over a similarly priced Audi/Mercedes that is less likely to break down and will perform decently in all areas, just because you thought the brand name meant nothing? Brand names mean various things, ie in Europe Japanese brand means reliability (in virtually all products), European brand means quality, Chinese brand means cheap, American brand means... I'll stop there.

I'd choose a ford over an Audi or Mercedes because when I want to fix my ford it costs me a lot less. While I infact drive a Pontiac I'd happily purchase an Chevy or a Ford over an Audi and I have a personal hate of the Mercedes. The arguement of quality is kinda bad... more people I know complain about chinsy easy to break products from sony then good sturdy equipment, but this could be exclusive to me. I do agree with the Eurofags satement being unfair though.

I think the majority of gaming companies have been throwing bricks with turds taped onto them into Europe, not just Sony. It's kinda sad really. every game gets released last in Europe, the PS3 was delayed for months in Europe, even the European football games are being released last in europe. You gotta wonder why they are taking it.

ah yes

Around the Network
goodridd said:
I stopped after your claim that bose are nice speakers.

lol he actually said that?

LOL goodbye credability 

souixan said:
Tispower said

I'd choose a ford over an Audi or Mercedes because when I want to fix my ford it costs me a lot less. While I infact drive a Pontiac I'd happily purchase an Chevy or a Ford over an Audi and I have a personal hate of the Mercedes. The arguement of quality is kinda bad... more people I know complain about chinsy easy to break products from sony then good sturdy equipment, but this could be exclusive to me. I do agree with the Eurofags satement being unfair though.

I guess brand names mean different things in the US. http://www.psu.com/node/10344

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Tispower said:
souixan said:
Tispower said

I guess brand names mean different things in the US. http://www.psu.com/node/10344

Pity they don't trust it enough to buy a PS3. *shrugs* I would be interested to see where this study was done and what its ratio for error is. It's hard to say how valid the context of such an article is too when its featured on a clearly pro Sony website.

Gballzack said:

Pity they don't trust it enough to buy a PS3.

It's not about trust. Be awere gamers who want  buy a PS3 are pretty conscious of situation on the market. The truth is right now there is no game which is trully next gen for PS3. It's $600. Many people will pay such high price for real next gen but only with real next gen games. There was a talk about bombs of Motorstorm, VF5, Gundam etc. but none of this titles was really outstanding. If titles like Lair, Haevenly Sword, MGS, FFXIII will not move hardware you can say PS3 is in serious trouble. As for now all these "doomed", "hate because of" threads are just silly.

diamuerto said:
Gballzack said:
diamuerto said:
Oh, so now your Nintendo Fanboy. Excuse me, we already have a user by that name. And wtf is up wid dat avatar. Wooooo, I just got really dizzy.

Obviously everything I do and have done is a ploy to irritate you and everyone else who is rubbed the wrong way by me. Can't you tell?

Please child, you'll have to do more than whatever you think you did to irritate me.  I was just being an angry goof the other night.  You give yourself too much credit. 

Dude, its called sarcasm, chill out.

kber81 said:
Gballzack said:

Pity they don't trust it enough to buy a PS3.

It's not about trust. Be awere gamers who want  buy a PS3 are pretty conscious of situation on the market. The truth is right now there is no game which is trully next gen for PS3. It's $600. Many people will pay such high price for real next gen but only with real next gen games. There was a talk about bombs of Motorstorm, VF5, Gundam etc. but none of this titles was really outstanding. If titles like Lair, Haevenly Sword, MGS, FFXIII will not move hardware you can say PS3 is in serious trouble. As for now all these "doomed", "hate because of" threads are just silly.

Says the Sony fanboy. Well you keep thinking what you like, I'm going to watch the main page update the sales figures for this week, oh look, the PS3's percentage holding in the three way struggle has dropped yet again. If only Sony fans new that Sony really had their best interests in mind. Perhaps fans would be more willing to buy the Ps3 if they put in some of their defective lithium ion batteries or root kits in it or some other malicious software to protect against piracy.

Right now telling yourself Sony isn't doomed or that this game or that will save it is just quite honestly... to reassure yourself that there's still hope. If 600 dollars is the issue, a handful of games isn't going to change that, a handful of games which is getting smaller and smaller might I add. The reason you find such an overwhelming number of Sony fans on boards like these is because they're seeking out internet communities to reassure themselves it will all be alright and that everything will be okay in the end. tsk tsk tsk.