By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Emily Rogers Discussion Thread: No More Rumors Until January

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

To be fair, he does have a point in that regard, there's pretty much Nintendo can regarding Switch that you won't defend/justify. 

Every action or decision has reasons behind them, and I usually give explanation what are reasons for some Nintendo actions or decisions.

And it actually pretty bad point to give instead specify argument in this actually matter.

But those actions, decisions and reasons are sometimes bad and stupid.

I can't imagine you ever criticizing Nintendo's actions, at least not as they happen. You criticize Wii U now in hindsight, but when looking to Nintendo's future you seem to only ever praise, defend, and justify.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Boberkun said:

It runs at 10 fps in the official trailer, even if it's a fake video.

So beacuse runs on fake video in 10 fps, than real game will run on real hardware like ass, even we know that Switch is more powefule than Wii U!?

That's not how it works. PS4 Pro is stronger than PS4, but some games runs worse on the Pro. Launch time always bad time for the hardware. Zelda BotW was designed with Wii U architecture and functionality in minds, Switch is a whole new peace of hardware.

A possible BotW delay is something I don't think Nintendo will do. They'd rather delay the Switch entirely than launch it without its biggest title. Nintendo needs to sell this console as fast as possible if they want consumers and 3rd parties confident again. But even so, another delay is gong to annoy a lot of people. This year has not been a good year for delayed games.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DanneSandin said:
While I hate the delays, I'm loving the ambition behind it! What I'm hearing is this; less bugs (hello Bethesda), a great game, a challenging game, great localization and the best Zelda there ever was (maybe). If I get all of that by simply waiting a few more months, I'm OK with that. I'd rather have a complete game than having a ton of patches trying to make it playable.

Two years ago, I would have agreed. But honestly, Nintendo's "don't release til it's flawless" strategy is obsolete in this day and age.

Just put the fucking thing out and patch it like everyone else does. A few minor framerate drops or bugs are not worth months of delay.

If it does get delayed I can see them releasing it on end of May or beginning of June. Just before e3. Just like MK8.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Just put the fucking thing out and patch it like everyone else does. A few minor framerate drops or bugs are not worth months of delay.

I'm sure that Wii U version is ready. I saw zero bugs during the tons hours of the game footage. Both E3 and GameDXCenter builds runs fine. Except combat framerate issues.

curl-6 said:
DanneSandin said:
While I hate the delays, I'm loving the ambition behind it! What I'm hearing is this; less bugs (hello Bethesda), a great game, a challenging game, great localization and the best Zelda there ever was (maybe). If I get all of that by simply waiting a few more months, I'm OK with that. I'd rather have a complete game than having a ton of patches trying to make it playable.

Two years ago, I would have agreed. But honestly, Nintendo's "don't release til it's flawless" strategy is obsolete in this day and age.

Uffff, I don't really agree with that. When you pay 60€ at launch, you pay them for a product you're going to use inmediately, and that product has to work as its supposed to from the beginning. If I wanted to wait until it's done, I would just wait and get it discounted or something.

Darwinianevolution said:
curl-6 said:

Uffff, I don't really agree with that. When you pay 60€ at launch, you pay them for a product you're going to use inmediately, and that product has to work as its supposed to from the beginning. If I wanted to wait until it's done, I would just wait and get it discounted or something.

It works for the rest of the industry. I know I'd rather play Zelda in March with a few fps dips and minor bugs than in June without them.

curl-6 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

It works for the rest of the industry. I know I'd rather play Zelda in March with a few fps dips and minor bugs than in June without them.

I don't know if we can use this argument when games like Mafia 3 and NMS released this year. It works for companies, not for gamers.

Darwinianevolution said:
curl-6 said:

I don't know if we can use this argument when games like Mafia 3 and NMS released this year. It works for companies, not for gamers.

It obviously works for some gamers, if we consider the massive sales and immense acclaim of games like Skyrim.