By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Emily Rogers Discussion Thread: No More Rumors Until January

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Every action or decision has reasons behind them, and I usually give explanation what are reasons for some Nintendo actions or decisions.

And it actually pretty bad point to give instead specify argument in this actually matter.

But those actions, decisions and reasons are sometimes bad and stupid.

I can't imagine you ever criticizing Nintendo's actions, at least not as they happen. You criticize Wii U now in hindsight, but when looking to Nintendo's future you seem to only ever praise, defend, and justify.

Offcourse, look at Wii U decisions..

Well for now I really don't see any reason to criticize Nintendo about Switch or some later moves, they are currently look very promising to me. If Zelda isn't really launch title for Switch they definitely have good reason for that and they can't finish all they planed with this Zelda until March, but that doesnt mean they are stupid, its easily biggest game they ever worked on, we know they want games to polished and without bugs and espacily 3D Zelda titles. So I would understand if Zelda isnt Switch launch title even I would be disappointment because I expecting game on Switch launch and I would need to wait more for game.

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

So beacuse runs on fake video in 10 fps, than real game will run on real hardware like ass, even we know that Switch is more powefule than Wii U!?

That's not how it works. PS4 Pro is stronger than PS4, but some games runs worse on the Pro. Launch time always bad time for the hardware. Zelda BotW was designed with Wii U architecture and functionality in minds, Switch is a whole new peace of hardware.

You can't really compare some PS games with Nintendo 1st party games espacily with new 3D Zelda game, you can bet that Switch version wont run worse than Wii U version. Yes, but they start porting game long time ago, actually it's assumed that main reason why Zelda is not out in 2015. like initial was plan, (not to mentione 2016. relase), is to be launch title on Switch.

Like I wrote, you dont have any reason to assume that game is runing like "ass on Switch", even this rumour is saying what are reasons for Zelda not being Switch launch titles. Also Nintendo specifically stated: "You shouldn't assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage".

Miyamotoo said:

Also Nintendo specifically stated: "You shouldn't assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage".

.. i.e. actual game footage is terrible and not ready.

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Also Nintendo specifically stated: "You shouldn't assume what you saw on the video represents actual game footage".

Wasn't all the game footage just copypased on the Switch models in editing, and not the actual consoles running the games?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Boberkun said:

Wasn't all the game footage just copypased on the Switch models in editing, and not the actual consoles running the games?

That means that actual footage is not ready. 

Around the Network
Boberkun said:
Darwinianevolution said:

That means that actual footage is not ready. 

Or that they wanted to make sure the best parts of the game were shown in the comercial. Wouldn't be funny if the actors couldn't play propperly and just kept dying, and Nintendo showed the footage of them getting powned?. Not a very marketable thing to show. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Eurogamer is also reporting the same story.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-15-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-will-miss-nintendo-switch-launch

So the BOTW switch port isn't ready it seems, yet I still believe the Wii U version is sat there finished and could quite easily have launched this holiday if Nintendo chose.

Boberkun said:
Miyamotoo said:

Or that final Switch hardware in time when was video made (September, thats 6 monts before launch), wasn't ready for some reason to play games that are still in work.

Again, you dont have any reason to assume that game is running like "ass on Switch". I am pretty sure that Switch Zelda will work without any problems in January at full Switch reveal and with actualy fottage of game runing on final working Switch hardware.

zippy said:
So the BOTW switch port isn't ready it seems, yet I still believe the Wii U version is sat there finished and could quite easily have launched this holiday if Nintendo chose.

IMO there is no chance that will Nintendo release first Wii U versions and before Switch version of game, in any case.