By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - so i got a 3DS and I'm not happy

Stellar_Fungk said:
Cirio said:

Everything else that I have played on the 3DS felt lackluster/boring IMO.

And what games are they?

I have not even played a Pokémon game yet and the 3DS is one of the systems I've had most fun with. Of course, taste is a subjective matter.

Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem, Smash, MGS 3DS, DQ and a couple Mario games.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Cirio said:

Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem, Smash, MGS 3DS, DQ and a couple Mario games.

Then you probably need to stay away from all portable consoles, many RPGs, all Nintendo games...

What exactly do you like?

I just said I like Pokemon games on the 3DS.

endimion said:
BasilZero said:
You should have gotten the Sony Waifu Portable a.k.a. PSVita for dem adult games.

I'm not looking for a portable version of home console games though

Oh, but you are... ;)

By your own admission, you asked if there is anything as good as "Lost Oddyssey". I'm going to come right out an say no. That game was one of the best AAA JRPGs of the last decade (and maybe all-time). It spanned, what, four discs on the 360?

You are not going to find a game of that scope on the 3DS, just to put it frankly. The "Dragon Quest" games are top notch and I've heard great things about "Bravely Default" and its sequel. There is a lot to enjoy on the 3DS, but if you've predominantly played home consoles for the last few gens, coming back to handheld may be a system shock. 

Hopefully the Switch will change that somewhat. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Okay, you don't like games that other people like. Thats fine. Maybe do a little more in depth research into the things you are buying if your opinion tends to not coincide with others.

Not coincide with other.... Please poor writing is poor writing... The birthright campaign story is just plain retarded... I have seen three head mega shark of the futur alien vs big fat moth with 20 wings movie have a billion time more depth than that...

Childish I can deal with... But even the clichés are poor and bad and not motivating at all... The big samurai brother supposed to be the bad ass is stale, the little princess suppose to unite is stale, the fire tribe bad ass chick is stale... The other siblings on that side of the family are just unoticeable....

The other side looks more International sting I'll see when I get there... But I'm worried when I see birthright... It's not cheesy it's plain bad... No flare what so ever...

Around the Network

That being said... about the gameplay in fire emblem I did not express myself properly... The mechanics are great but the fight are easy and it seems I can't up the difficulty... I guess on my other side of the family play through I'll up that to make it more challenging...

About MH I haven't played much so I jumped the guns but so far it looks like a repetitive hack and slash.. Might enjoy it more once I'm deeper into it...

Now after following your recommendations I've got myself Luigi's mansion 2, and devil survivor 2 record breaker and I'm having lots of fun.... Thanks guys

Bro, you jumped on a $80+ franchise that you never enjoyed before. Unless you got a really good deal, sorry, this one is on you if you didn't like it.

Bravely Default if you like the Final Fantasy franchise

I would--and I don't mean this as a dig--do a little more research before buying next time. Based on what you've said here, I actually wouldn't recommend the Bravely games to you. I think they're fantastic games, and mechanically are 21st century versions of the SNES Final Fantasy games, but in terms of narrative they are incredibly light-hearted and constantly tongue-in-cheek. I'm not sure you'd enjoy that.

If you're into more serious RPGs, I'd check out the Shin Megami Tensei games available on 3DS and look into Crimson Shroud. Crimson Shroud is a board-game RPG as a videogame, and I thought it was exceptional. It's an eShop only game and is short and affordable. Dig out some reviews of it first though.

Roronaa_chan said:
Should have avoided MH. Listen to the folks that say every alternative to it is better
FE is good tho.

Not really. MH is by far the best hunting IP on the market. We just have to wait few more months before it hits the PS4 and everyone will agree on that.