By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

TheGreatOther said:
Swordmasterman said:

I think that Microsoft is holding some games to show with the Scorpio's announcement.

I don't think so.

The only studios MS has that make console games are 

343i- Halo

The Coalition- Gears of War

Turn 10- Forza

Rare- Sea of Thieves

Mojang- Minecraft

That's it, 4 of them only do one thing, so whenever it comes it's a known quantity and quite stale at this point.

Rare is making a new IP with Sea of thieves and it looks pretty mediocre imo, and seems like a F2P game.

I can't see many 3rd parties teaming up with MS in the future as it hasn't gone down well for them this gen.

Remedy games is no longer partenered with them after Quantum Break, Insomniac has gone back to Sony after Sunset Overdrive, Crytec almost ceased to exist after Ryse, ReCore was a disaster, etc.

The games they have announced like Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust were announced at E3 2014 and seem to be shovelware at this point.

They still got Halo Wars 2, and State of Decay 2 that are being worked on by 2rd party devs so that's something I guess.

But yeah, I don't think MS has much in terms to the unexpected under their sleeve.

Well that Phantom Dust remake what was announced was cancelled anyway and they are only porting original game with Original xbox graphics to xbox one ( probably because they promised something Phantom Dust related).

Microsoft actually have also Decisive games what is suppositly making old loved strategy game, probably Age of empires or Rise of Nations? But you can already  mostly guess what Microsoft will announce next e3 with showing Scorpio graphics, maybe they dont need to show games on PC like they mostly do ;) . They will announce Halo 6, Forza and AOE/Rise of Nations and maybe another timed exclusive like rise of tomb raider and dead rising 4.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
craighopkins said:
who has a better 1st party lineup of games next year? sony or ms?

Microsoft already launched their forza/halo/gears combo....

Sony still has Horizon Zero Dawn,new Spiderman game, God of War, Grand turismo, new crash bandicoot, wild arms,... ect ect ect

Id say Sony has many times more exciteing games projects in the works not yet released.

Hold the phone, wild arms? tell me more

DannyDanger89 said:
JRPGfan said:

Microsoft already launched their forza/halo/gears combo....

Sony still has Horizon Zero Dawn,new Spiderman game, God of War, Grand turismo, new crash bandicoot, wild arms,... ect ect ect

Id say Sony has many times more exciteing games projects in the works not yet released.

Hold the phone, wild arms? tell me more

Its just a rumor :p

Pokemon is back now! A small discount and both sku take 3rd/4th places! Nice

GribbleGrunger said:

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#01 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#05 N3DSXL Lime (up 5)
#10 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)
#29 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle + Card (down 4)
#37 XB1s-1tb Battflield Bundle (down 2)
#41 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 2)
#50 PS4 Pro (down 6)
#76 XB1s-1tb Gears Bundle (down 3)
#79 XB1s-500gb Battlefield + Controller (down 18)
#91 NES Classic (re-entry)
#99 PSVR Headset (down 11)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)

Nothing at the moment

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1:
6 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Holy fuck! 6 XONE bundles! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
Looking at the post count, this was a relatively slow thread given how big of a month November is. It still hasn't passed the post count of the September thread, and is almost 1000 votes short of last year's November thread.

Probably because sales threads have been getting less post because VGC hasn't been very consistent. Also NPD has been wrong for the last few months.

OT- PS4 killing it. 

Shadow1980 said:
Looking at the post count, this was a relatively slow thread given how big of a month November is. It still hasn't passed the post count of the September thread, and is almost 1000 votes short of last year's November thread.

I think its really because right now its onky news or intersting when the PS4 doesn't win. If the PS4 loses November, expect December thread to have a lot of traction. 

Shadow1980 said:

I think we all have adjusted to PS4 having a substantial lead and the manufacturers looking past this gen already. With a 2:1 margin, it would take some bananas sales figues (Banana sales are bananas.) to make a real difference. Whether or not your team is winning, a blowout will take you out of the game.

An interesting chart that i found interesting the infoscouts latest blog post.  http://blog.infoscout.co/why-did-some-shoppers-bail-on-black-friday/

PS4 slim is at 2 on the hourly, smh The age fo Sony is done

This is a joke don't ban me