By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CosmicSex said:
craighopkins said:
who has a better 1st party lineup of games next year? sony or ms?

Right out of the gate you have to give the edge to Sony with Horizon early next year.  

I think that Microsoft is holding some games to show with the Scorpio's announcement.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
When does NPD release? 8 days?

8 Of December, but we will only get full numbers from Aqua  near the end of the month.

Damn i wonder how high sumo is. In Europe it broke a record and hit 1.5mil FW.

Does any1 think there is a possibilitg of pokemon hitting over 4mil in nov npd? (Including digital of course)

BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

You know with Final Fantasy 15 being a perceived exclsuive, they may be boosting each other.  The PS4 and 15 that is. I think releasing FF15 right after the big sales holiday will get sales going.

Hopefully, would like to see FFXV doing big numbers.

XV is already higher than XIII ever was on the yealy charts (vs 2010). XV deluxe edition is also in the top 50 on yealy. Thoso are good signs for sure.

Swordmasterman said:
CosmicSex said:

Right out of the gate you have to give the edge to Sony with Horizon early next year.  

I think that Microsoft is holding some games to show with the Scorpio's announcement.

Yes, there is this possibility, but I think it's unlikely, I mean ... hold back games would be like holding back in a fight where you're being punched in the face repeatedly.

For scorpion, MS will most likely show something related to Halo, perhaps even halo 6, and make alot of very early annoucements( prety much like sony in E3 2016, showing games that will take 2-3 years to lauch.)

Around the Network
VXIII said:
BraLoD said:

Hopefully, would like to see FFXV doing big numbers.

XV is already higher than XIII ever was on the yealy charts (vs 2010). XV deluxe edition is also in the top 50 on yealy. Thoso are good signs for sure.

Doing bettwr in the year of bombas? You can judge it by this years software sure but doing comparisons like this dont weigh in right. Look at some of the games in this yearly for ex

Manlytears said:
Swordmasterman said:

Yes, there is this possibility, but I think it's unlikely, I mean ... hold back games would be like holding back in a fight where you're being punched in the face repeatedly.

For scorpion, MS will most likely show something related to Halo, perhaps even halo 6, and make alot of very early annoucements( prety much like sony in E3 2016, showing games that will take 2-3 years to lauch.)

It will probably be harder for Microsoft to make new games, they cancelled Fable and closed their development team.

BraLoD said:
VXIII said:

Well, 2010 was a very good year for gaming wasn't it? I remember 2010-11 was when 7th gen was peaking, really high.
Maybe being positions ahead on the yearly 2016 vs XIII (pun intended) position in 2010 doesn't actually mean that much.

Which is why I said it was merely a good sign. Not a conclusive proof or anything like that.

Swordmasterman said:
CosmicSex said:

I don't think so.

The only studios MS has that make console games are 

343i- Halo

The Coalition- Gears of War

Turn 10- Forza

Rare- Sea of Thieves

Mojang- Minecraft

That's it, 4 of them only do one thing, so whenever it comes it's a known quantity and quite stale at this point.

Rare is making a new IP with Sea of thieves and it looks pretty mediocre imo, and seems like a F2P game.

I can't see many 3rd parties teaming up with MS in the future as it hasn't gone down well for them this gen.

Remedy games is no longer partenered with them after Quantum Break, Insomniac has gone back to Sony after Sunset Overdrive, Crytec almost ceased to exist after Ryse, ReCore was a disaster, etc.

The games they have announced like Scalebound, Crackdown 3, Phantom Dust were announced at E3 2014 and seem to be shovelware at this point.

They still got Halo Wars 2, and State of Decay 2 that are being worked on by 2rd party devs so that's something I guess.

But yeah, I don't think MS has much in terms to the unexpected under their sleeve.

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#01 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#05 N3DSXL Lime (up 5)
#10 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)
#29 XB1s-500gb Battlefield Bundle + Card (down 4)
#37 XB1s-1tb Battflield Bundle (down 2)
#41 XB1s-500gb Minecraft Bundle (down 2)
#50 PS4 Pro (down 6)
#76 XB1s-1tb Gears Bundle (down 3)
#79 XB1s-500gb Battlefield + Controller (down 18)
#91 NES Classic (re-entry)
#99 PSVR Headset (down 11)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)

Nothing at the moment

PS4:
2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
XB1:
6 in the top 100 / 4 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

The PS5 Exists.