By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I'm ignorant about politics. But I know I want change.

These people are the all same.  They're the ones that always have to get on stage and talk, the ones who built a career on the basis that they're goody-too-shoes and that they stand for good against bad and have never done wrong.  They're the ones that are willing to forget this election and look into 4 years later when it's time to do it all over again.  These people are the same.  Doesn't matter on what side they throw shade on, it doesn't matter if one is more electable than the other.  They are all the same.  It doesn't matter that they use dead soldiers to push their political views and attain votes.  All of it is more popularity than actual ability.  It's more about who is more acceptable this time around than how it should be who is the better candidate.  Lies mean nothing if it gets them to their destination.  They are all the same. 

I watch wrestling, rarely did I ever care about politics.  I guess I'm one of many who are like this.  Each election year I just don't give a darn because it's either boring, or because both sides talk about things the candidates themselves can't really do anything about.  I'm first to say I'm ignorant about what's going on.  I can't tell anyone why they should vote for this or that.  But this year is different.  Like I said, I watch wrestling.  Not because Trump has been in wwe, but because there's a sign of change(Not the Obama change), real change.  In wrestling, when the champion is someone you don't want, someone who isn't good or even liked by the people(Roman Reigns) becomes the champion, you continue to watch because that's what you do.  When it's the big guy who has all the criteria to be a champion(muscles, handsome, tough, sells merch, etc) and nobody likes him, you continue to watch, because that's what you do.  In this election, where the champion will again be the one who most fits the criteria(Hillary) is about to become champion, you want a swerve and see someone else in the spot, sometimes it doesn't matter who it is as long as it's not the same as before.  This year, we have the chance to see someone not so fitting the mold go on to take the belt.  And that's why I'm voting Trump.  

I'm an idiot who just doesn't care about the ramifications of what's to come.  I just want a different champion.  And I'm not alone.   

Around the Network

Do you want me to explain the candidates policies and the basics of goverment?

pierrebruyer said:
Do you want me to explain the candidates policies and the basics of goverment?

Thanks, but I think I got a good gist of what's happening.  Though, I would like to know if you think I'm being too cavalier about the imporance of who wins and who loses.  You know, if I'm being dumb for not caring about the eventual outcome.

In order for real change to happen, it's going to take someone with an idealistic mind and strong moral (good, honest and caring human being) compass to win. It's also going to mean the house and senate are run by the same type of people. That is just not going to happen in our life time. Too many people are bought an paid for for anything good to pass and every single president is a millionaire/billionare, sociopathic, power hungry, nut job.

My advice? Look after you and yours and do the best you can with what we have.

I'm not a genius in politics either. I'm still learning a lot about the western side of political issues. However, do what I do- just keep reading from sources of all kinds. Once you read a similar issue with a bunch of viewpoints, you begin to fill in the blanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
pray4mojo said:

In order for real change to happen, it's going to take someone with an idealistic mind and strong moral (good, honest and caring human being) compass to win. It's also going to mean the house and senate are run by the same type of people. That is just not going to happen in our life time. Too many people are bought an paid for for anything good to pass and every single president is a millionaire/billionare, sociopathic, power hungry, nut job.

My advice? Look after you and yours and do the best you can with what we have.

Look after you and yours and do the best you can with what we have.

I don't see no problem in that.  But can I just put it out there that that's part of the reason why we can't have real change?  I think part of the reason why we keep rehashing all the same problems and issues is because that mentality is what keeps us in that bubble.  "You and yours" divides, creates a shield.  What I really mean when I say that is let's go with something else.  I want to care about North Koreans, I want to care about Russians, about the Chinese and everyone else.  But I don't.  I couldn't give a rats behind.  I don't have the right answers as you can see.

hershel_layton said:
I'm not a genius in politics either. I'm still learning a lot about the western side of political issues. However, do what I do- just keep reading from sources of all kinds. Once you read a similar issue with a bunch of viewpoints, you begin to fill in the blanks

You see, everyone keeps telling me that MMA is better than wrestling.  UFC is real, it's hard hitting, and wins and losses matter.  Yeah, I get it, it sounds cool, and when I see the fights, I can't take my eyes off of it.  But I still don't purposely follow UFC.  There will be spots where I care about who is fighting, but ultimately I can't stay glued to the stuff.  And here I am with Politics.  And I'm sure I'm not alone.  There are some who do not care for Marvel movies, or golf, or football, or beyblades(just saw cousin's toy).  Us Americans, huh?  Sorry if I gave the impression of one bettering himself.

I don't see the issue. The one who is more acceptable is the better candidate. Real change isn't coming from Trump. Hell it isn't coming from any of these candidates. All Trump is, is a showman. Nothing more. He isn't a better candidate, he isn't even a better human being. Nothing in his past has ever shown that he would be a better leader, or a better politician than Clinton.

Is Clinton a candidate for change? Of course not. That candidate was Bernie. But she is a better leader and a actual politician that will work with other countries instead of a bully like Trump.

bunchanumbers said:
I don't see the issue. The one who is more acceptable is the better candidate. Real change isn't coming from Trump. Hell it isn't coming from any of these candidates. All Trump is, is a showman. Nothing more. He isn't a better candidate, he isn't even a better human being. Nothing in his past has ever shown that he would be a better leader, or a better politician than Clinton.

Is Clinton a candidate for change? Of course not. That candidate was Bernie. But she is a better leader and a actual politician that will work with other countries instead of a bully like Trump.

Okay, you're thinking to broadly about this.  When I say change, he already made the change, at least in my view, the same view that was in the OP.  The change was that he was not one of them.  Not completely, at least.  In Wrestling, you have to look for the small nuiances about wrestlers.  We have big ones, we have medium ones, and we have small ones.  In all categories there are many of each big, medium and small.  But in wrestling, when you see that big one or medium or small, that is different from the rest, you know there is a change.  A small change, but a change nonetheless.  The change I'm talking about is that Donald is different.  Is it a big difference, herhaps not, but there is enough there for someone like me to realize there is a difference and I'm sure you can list a few things that he IS that is different. 

As for Bernie, I don't see it.  At least not that big a difference.  Bernie had different ideas, but not too different from Hillary.  Yeah he wanted to legalize **, and of course other things I don't want to research for the sake of this reply.  But ultimately he is the same as Hillary in my eyes.  He has been there for 30+ years.  He is less notorious, but he acts just like everyone other politician.  He goes on stage to talk, he has the perfect record for a political career, he will abide by the Demos as he should.  He speaks like politician does and acts as a politician does.  

When ask of Trump to acknowledge the winner, his answer akined to, "I'll think about it."  Bernies was, "yeah, I concede.  Because that's the thing to do for a politician."  When trump was against other repubs, his was, "no, f these guys, I'm not coming to a debate that's all robotic, logical, and maneuvered."  We hear Marco autoreply himself just because he's still so green.  We hear Ted "bundy" cruz, after all the stupid shit trump said about his daddy and wife, because it was part of what Dems or Repubs would do because of tradition, and still he backs the bastard.  When real people would be like, "No, Calvin, fuck that, you said my wife was a whore.  We ain't buds anymore.  Fuck your presidential aspirations.  Bitch!"

But no.  It's all the same answers.  Same people.  Same mindset.  Same actions in course to what's expected of them.  When asked about his use of loop holes in his business woes, Trump's answer was in the likes of, "yeah, I got it for 2 for 1 deal.  It's cool, it was legal at the time".  In that capacity trump is different by a big margin.  And again, that does not mean he's a good candidate.  But, he is a change.

Ouroboros24 said:
bunchanumbers said:

Okay, you're thinking to broadly about this.  When I say change, he already made the change, at least in my view, the same view that was in the OP.  The change was that he was not one of them.  Not completely, at least.  In Wrestling, you have to look for the small nuiances about wrestlers.  We have big ones, we have medium ones, and we have small ones.  In all categories there are many of each big, medium and small.  But in wrestling, when you see that big one or medium or small, that is different from the rest, you know there is a change.  A small change, but a change nonetheless.  The change I'm talking about is that Donald is different.  Is it a big difference, herhaps not, but there is enough there for someone like me to realize there is a difference and I'm sure you can list a few things that he IS that is different. 

As for Bernie, I don't see it.  At least not that big a difference.  Bernie had different ideas, but not too different from Hillary.  Yeah he wanted to legalize **, and of course other things I don't want to research for the sake of this reply.  But ultimately he is the same as Hillary in my eyes.  He has been there for 30+ years.  He is less notorious, but he acts just like everyone other politician.  He goes on stage to talk, he has the perfect record for a political career, he will abide by the Demos as he should.  He speaks like politician does and acts as a politician does.  

When ask of Trump to acknowledge the winner, his answer akined to, "I'll think about it."  Bernies was, "yeah, I concede.  Because that's the thing to do for a politician."  When trump was against other repubs, his was, "no, f these guys, I'm not coming to a debate that's all robotic, logical, and maneuvered."  We hear Marco autoreply himself just because he's still so green.  We hear Ted "bundy" cruz, after all the stupid shit trump said about his daddy and wife, because it was part of what Dems or Repubs would do because of tradition, and still he backs the bastard.  When real people would be like, "No, Calvin, fuck that, you said my wife was a whore.  We ain't buds anymore.  Fuck your presidential aspirations.  Bitch!"

But no.  It's all the same answers.  Same people.  Same mindset.  Same actions in course to what's expected of them.  When asked about his use of loop holes in his business woes, Trump's answer was in the likes of, "yeah, I got it for 2 for 1 deal.  It's cool, it was legal at the time".  In that capacity trump is different by a big margin.  And again, that does not mean he's a good candidate.  But, he is a change.

You realize that Bernie fought to the end of the primaries. Even went so far as to have the delegates counted state by state at the convention. You realize that Trump has run before? Back then he wasn't flying off the handle and still demanding to fight even if he lost. And of course he couldn't deny the loopholes. But he is still denying all the sexual assault allegations even though he even told people how he does it.

Again you're right. He isn't a good candidate. But Politics isn't supposed to be entertainment. Its the direction of the country being laid out by the people. Like you said, if you are more interested in entertainment, then maybe you should pursue that interest more. Smackdown is awesome. Hang out and watch Smackdown instead.