By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX announced for 3DS

katakpisang said:
curl-6 said:

Then stop making them for 3DS and make a new one from the ground up for Switch, so it's not limited to looking like a game from two generations ago.

It's not just about graphics either; with more power, you could have better animation, better AI, more interactivity with monsters and the environment, more monsters/players at once, more complex levels, etc.

As it stands now, Monster Hunter's recent entries shamelessly reuse monsters, weapons, animations, etc from games on Wii, PSP, even PS2. That's incredibly lazy, especially with a franchise that sells gangbusters and could easily justify the costs of making actual fresh content. People give COD and FIFA a hard time for their rehashing of old material, but MH is just as bad.

Did you really play all monster hunter mainline games?

the jump between each generation is fucking massive except graphics 

Monster AI = probably the best ever in gaming right now ( monster after tri-engine) 

animation = take a look at soul series and compared it to monster hunter = from running animation , combat , combo  , dodging and etc 

weapon = Go find any other games with variety like the monster hunter in term of weapon combat . I'm a huge fan of action genre and MMORPG nothing comes close to monster hunter.int that field .

simply calling capcom lazy because of graphics alone is fucking bullshit

Mechanics improvement between from MH1 > DOS > TRI > 4 is massive compared to 

pokemon red > pokemon sun and moon

demon soul > dark soul 3

cod > cod infinite warfare 

They already take a gamble by creating MONSTER HUNTER FOR THE WEST and its called DRAGON'S DOGMA and cost them a huge amount of company resources and got underwhelming reception from the west . 

They need to play safe with Monster Hunter brand by appeal to mass audiences in japan which is portable market since home consoles in the west are not hardcore for Monster Hunter types of game which required shit tons of skill . 

Monster Hunter itself is huge evolution in action genre and creating new genre called Action Hunting .

Reusing animations, movesets, weapons, armour, monsters, assets etc from Wii/PSP/PS2 in a modern game is lazy as hell.

"Gameplay > graphics" sounds like a good principal, but when one of your biggest franchises hasn't budged an inch graphically in 12 years, it's time to stop being cheap. Halo 5 doesn't still look like Halo 2. Breath of the Wild doesn't still look like Twilight Princess/Wind Waker. GTA5 didn't still look like San Andreas. Mario Kart 8 didn't still look like Double Dash.

And making a MH game for Switch is not a big risk; the system is very likely to perform well in Japan given its portable nature. The truth is, Capcom are just doing everything they can to keep churning out PS2 graphics as long as possible.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
katakpisang said:

Did you really play all monster hunter mainline games?

the jump between each generation is fucking massive except graphics 

Monster AI = probably the best ever in gaming right now ( monster after tri-engine) 

animation = take a look at soul series and compared it to monster hunter = from running animation , combat , combo  , dodging and etc 

weapon = Go find any other games with variety like the monster hunter in term of weapon combat . I'm a huge fan of action genre and MMORPG nothing comes close to monster hunter.int that field .

simply calling capcom lazy because of graphics alone is fucking bullshit

Mechanics improvement between from MH1 > DOS > TRI > 4 is massive compared to 

pokemon red > pokemon sun and moon

demon soul > dark soul 3

cod > cod infinite warfare 

They already take a gamble by creating MONSTER HUNTER FOR THE WEST and its called DRAGON'S DOGMA and cost them a huge amount of company resources and got underwhelming reception from the west . 

They need to play safe with Monster Hunter brand by appeal to mass audiences in japan which is portable market since home consoles in the west are not hardcore for Monster Hunter types of game which required shit tons of skill . 

Monster Hunter itself is huge evolution in action genre and creating new genre called Action Hunting .

Reusing animations, movesets, weapons, armour, monsters, assets etc from Wii/PSP/PS2 in a modern game is lazy as hell.

"Gameplay > graphics" sounds like a good principal, but when one of your biggest franchises hasn't budged an inch graphically in 12 years, it's time to stop being cheap. Halo 5 doesn't still look like Halo 2. Breath of the Wild doesn't still look like Twilight Princess/Wind Waker. GTA5 didn't still look like San Andreas. Mario Kart 8 didn't still look like Double Dash.

And making a MH game for Switch is not a big risk; the system is very likely to perform well in Japan given its portable nature. The truth is, Capcom are just doing everything they can to keep churning out PS2 graphics as long as possible.

modern game on 3ds ? and you expect high definition graphics on 3ds

come on your comparison is correct when mainline MH appear on other consoles but it's not ! 

did you think capcom really that stupid to go for HD development after MH brand explode in a portable market ?  please look at capcom financial situation

because of no HD shit to focus they able to refined MH gameplay to the greater height than before and focus solely on mechanics rather than stupid shit like graphics

katakpisang said:
curl-6 said:

modern game on 3ds ? and you expect high definition graphics on 3ds

come on your comparison is correct when mainline MH appear on other consoles but it's not ! 

did you think capcom really that stupid to go for HD development after MH brand explode in a portable market ?  please look at capcom financial situation

because of no HD shit to focus they able to refined MH gameplay to the greater height than before and focus solely on mechanics rather than stupid shit like graphics

If 3DS is limiting the games, then don't make them for 3DS. 3DS already has like 5 fucking MH games.

If almost any other company pulled this shit and kept regurgitating PS2/PSP assets in 2016, they'd be slammed for it. Capcom shouldn't get a free pass.

Switch is a portable system and can support a presentation lightyears beyond what MH has now. Make one for that.

It will be cool to play Monster Hunter on NSwitch

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Monster Hunter XX:HD version coming to Switch, and possibly to the West as Generations HD. That being said, what I'm really interested in seeing is Monster Hunter 5 for Switch, because that can really be a big leap forward for the series.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Eagle367 said:

Wait till 12 january 2017. Perhaps we have a lot of games coming for  it. And if gets the game, it gets sales and gets more games and more sales. That's the cycle that went the wrong way for the U

There probably will be a MH game on the Switch, maybe even this one, but let it be a surprise. Expecting things often leads to disappointment.

I'm satisfied with my Wii u so satisfaction is not a problem for me

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

good for Capcom.

3DS is far from dead... lots of games in 2017 more then 2016 imo

Switch!!!

Monster Hunter 5 will be the first Switch Momster Hunter game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:
This feels like such a missed opportunity to help sales of the NS. Also including an NS at least would have been good.

^ this.

Also its one of those games where you feel like the 3DS is limiting it, both in graphics & gameplay.

Valdath said:

Damn, Capcom really milking this franchise all they can before they are forced to actually improve on those PS2 level graphics they been using for over 10 years.

Yep... they should have done a NS version.

I do believe that the next Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter V) is probably already in development for the Switch..

Jumpin said:
Monster Hunter 5 will be the first Switch Momster Hunter game.

You don't think they'll port Double X over? Although I can see MH5 being the first ground up MH game for NS.