By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter XX announced for 3DS

Damn, Capcom really milking this franchise all they can before they are forced to actually improve on those PS2 level graphics they been using for over 10 years.

Or maybe they'll just jump to mobile after 3DS and stick with the same graphics another 10 years! who knows.

Around the Network

How many MH games does this make for 3DS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

This releasing the same day as the NS. It's definitely possible it launches on that platform. We'll know in January. Another possibility would be a late enhanced port in 2017. Capcom might want people to double dip.

Cloudman said:
This feels like such a missed opportunity to help sales of the NS. Also including an NS at least would have been good.

^ this.

Also its one of those games where you feel like the 3DS is limiting it, both in graphics & gameplay.

Valdath said:

Damn, Capcom really milking this franchise all they can before they are forced to actually improve on those PS2 level graphics they been using for over 10 years.

Yep... they should have done a NS version.

JRPGfan said:
Cloudman said:
This feels like such a missed opportunity to help sales of the NS. Also including an NS at least would have been good.

^ this.

Also its one of those games where you feel like the 3DS is limiting it, both in graphics & gameplay.

Valdath said:

Yep... they should have done a NS version.

Isn't Capcom in a kinda bad economic situation?

MH must cost almost nothing to develop when you're just recycling most mob models and adding a few low rez maps, the gameplay stays the same.

So basically it's just free money.

Updating graphics to 2016 standards is probably impossible to them.

Around the Network

So it's just a MH Generations update, huh? Called it. Let's see if I also got right the Switch HD port Capcom will make, to make people buy the game twice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cool. Cool. I liked MHG but still think MH4U is the best MH for the 3DS. Lets hope this one improves upon it.
Im not surprised its coming for the 3DS. The NS is not a proven console and it'd have to sell very well from the start for companies to decide/risk to develop games for it. I assure you Bethesda and Fromsoftware wil only port old games to it.

Thank gawd I didnt buy MHX. I knw capcom will release the ultimate version eventually.

KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

It doesn`t have to be one or the other. If SE are planning on releasing DX11 on both 3DS and NS why can`t Capcom do the same with Monster Hunter?

Then I guess we`ll find out january 12th.

So much hype. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Monster Hunter Double Cross? okay :p

Could have been awesome for the Switch, but guess it's easier to use the system the game is already on for an easier development

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]