By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 hits 8 million

Jranation said:
Some users should just accept MK8 Greatness!

Don't count on it.....There actually was one fool on this site that said Mario Kart Wii only sold 30+ million beacuse it was bundled with the plastic wheel...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

So, who are those 5 million weirdos who have a Wii U but not Mario Kart?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mr Puggsly said:
I imagine a good chunk of that is bundles, but still an anomaly given the userbase.

Actually, it got the vast majority of its sales before a consistently available MK8 bundle was put on the market.  The first bundles were limited edition in the vast majority of markets and sold out in like a month.  And the next MK8 bundle to show up was fall 2015.  

OdinHades said:
So, who are those 5 million weirdos who have a Wii U but not Mario Kart?

I'm one of them. After playing Mario Kart Wii and finding it utterly horrible I wasn't interested on another Mario Kart title.

Jranation said:
CWegzz said:
In other news, according to this, Pokemon XY has outsold BW now and ORAS has outsold HGSS, making it the best selling Pokemon remake.

And people were saying that nintendo should just move to smartphones! LMAO! 

People still believe that Nintendo should put their games on PS4 and XbOne also! As if magically 60+ western style gaming devices equals the motherload of all sells... The simple fact is outside of certain games nothing else sells on those platforms.

Around the Network

An absolutely mental attach rate.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

How?

I literally NEVER see anyone playing or talking about this game. I'm not sure what's more impressive; hitting 8 million, or hitting 8 million with so little hype.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Looking at this thread again, on retrospect, I certainly made one of the worst predictions ever it seems.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179133&page=1

Wright said:

Looking at this thread again, on retrospect, I certainly made one of the worst predictions ever it seems.

Good of you to own up to that.

I award 50 points to house Wright.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Wright said:

Good of you to own up to that.

I award 50 points to house Wright.

Fuckin' Dumbledore with his whack last-minute points. I already fuckin' decorated for House Stoppable. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames