By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ObamaCare just got worse! Will it ever end?

Game_God said:

Happy to live in Europe in a socially responsible country!!! I pay like 5 bucks every time I go to the doctor & last time I had surgery a few years back (knee ligaments) I only paid like 60$ & that was for the food since it was a private clinic, everything else, medication, rehabilitation & all was covered by social security & 100% free!!! US calls themselves a modern & great country, to me a country wher you go broke to be in good health & can't afford to pay health care is 3rd world country, more like a jungle!!!

yeah some of the basic dental health care which is dirt cheap in Pakistan is more expensive than a heart surgery in america

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

The thing to keep in mind is that ACA is not as bad as a lot of people think, because the reality is for the whole country things wouldn't be much better without it.  

I feel like the only good thing we can see from ACA is poor people are taken care of. In fact, they're in a better position with health care than many working people.

I'm not sure if Universal Health Care is the answer. It doesn't sound like its been perfected outside of the US by any means.

So I dunno, I just feel there should be more incentives to being a working person versus somebody who does nothing and gets it for free.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

pokoko said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
this is what plenty of people called happening. Democrats wouldn't take it and this is completely on them as they passed it without a single republican vote. Obama's legacy will be this failed bill and the enabling of ISIS to form and spread

No, it's on all of them.  Republicans had their chances to fix things and they did not.  Screw the partisan bullshit, both parties need to be raked over the coals for their failure to fix our terrible health care system. 

Rebublicans opposed this for these exact reasons.  Not a single Republican supported it.  Not sure how they can bear blame for that.  Democrats never get blamed for the Iraq war even though some of them voted for it so I'm actually being more fair here.

I am Iron Man

Obamacare was Romneycare was the establishment plan of both Dems and Reps. Obamacare is an odd chimera of government power (you have to buy a product) and local private monopolies (no competition across states between the insurance companies). The consequence were obvious, if the gov. forces you to buy a product from local monopolies, it will get expensive speedily.

To lower costs, you need competition to drive insurance premiums down to the real cost level. Secondly Americans have to learn to take better care of themselves, costs for e.g. Diabetes II are enormous and can be avoided entirely.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
pokoko said:

No, it's on all of them.  Republicans had their chances to fix things and they did not.  Screw the partisan bullshit, both parties need to be raked over the coals for their failure to fix our terrible health care system. 

Rebublicans opposed this for these exact reasons.  Not a single Republican supported it.  Not sure how they can bear blame for that.  Democrats never get blamed for the Iraq war even though some of them voted for it so I'm actually being more fair here.

They share blame because they did nothing to fix health care before this.  It's not like ACA is any worse than it was before.  It's always been terrible.  Where is the Republican solution?  Where is the Republican action to fix ACA?  They control congress and, no, "we don't like it so we're not going to fix it," is not an acceptable answer.  They aren't up there to sit on their thumbs and wait for something to fail so they can crow about it.  The entire legislative branch of government bears responsibility when something is screwed up and not improving.  Instead, they all act like children who refuse to play with one another.  No, I'm not going to let any of them off the hook.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

They share blame because they did nothing to fix health care before this.  It's not like ACA is any worse than it was before.  It's always been terrible.  Where is the Republican solution?  Where is the Republican action to fix ACA?  They control congress and, no, "we don't like it so we're not going to fix it," is not an acceptable answer.  They aren't up there to sit on their thumbs and wait for something to fail so they can crow about it.  The entire legislative branch of government bears responsibility when something is screwed up and not improving.  Instead, they all act like children who refuse to play with one another.  No, I'm not going to let any of them off the hook.

You have to remember that as long as Obama was in office, Republicans were never going to fix or correct the ACA.  The Hate for Obama for Republicans outweight anything else including the American People.  Now that Obama is gone, you would think things would get back on track but if Hillary wins and Republicans stay in the majority nothing will change.  I doubt they will have as much hate for Hillary as they did for Obama but then again Hillary is more a politican so she probably will be able to play the game much better.

Meanwhile, billions and billions are poured into the military complex machine to feed the beast.
The war party can't serve the people because the lobbyist have their hands all up in their skirt. Just the F-35 program is going to cost US taxpayers almost $400 billion. That's just the cost of acquiring the airplanes, w/o the maintenance cost.
Poor/ignorant bastards bottom feeders are concerned over socialization of the country while the richest are robbing them blind.

Hiku said:

Most people on Obamacare are subsidised so it won't affect what they pay.
But this is definitely still bad news for a lot of people.

However, it seems like this is the result of a lot of disagreement. For example, the republicans are voting against a proposition in California that would reduce drug prices, because the pharmaceutical companies who are funding the republican party, don't want it to pass and are spending 100 million to fight against it.
Then there are disagreements within the democratic party, etc.

One thing that still astounds me is that USA, the richest nation in the world, still doesn't have universal healthcare when every other first world country does.

I don't know the exact economic reasons for it, but I bet one component is corporate greed, and it's fucking absurd that human lives are the price.

In your post you stated why America does not have a universal Healthcare system.  It's money.  Money has influence with US politics.

pokoko said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

So if ALL of one party votes for something and ALL of the other party opposes it and it turns out badly (worse than it was before) then I'm blaming the party that made it worse.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
pokoko said:

So if ALL of one party votes for something and ALL of the other party opposes it and it turns out badly (worse than it was before) then I'm blaming the party that made it worse.

Did or did not the Republican party fix the health care system when they were in power?