By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ObamaCare just got worse! Will it ever end?

Machiavellian said:

DId you not read what I wrote.  The house voted for the ACA without the funding for abortion.  The senate voted for their revised version of the ACA which had the funding for abortion.  The only thing that was changed within the house version and the senate version was the funding of abortion.  Everything else is the same which was something lead by republicans not democrates.  You need to look at the whole story for the ACA not just the revised version.

For clarity, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which is the post you provided is the Senate revised version.  Here is the House version and what was brought up by Republicans and signed by Republicans. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordable_Health_Care_for_America_Act 

You're as disingenous as you get for claiming that ACA was mainly lead by the Republicans ... 

And if you think funding for abortion means dick then I've got something to tell you. Only ONE republican in the house even voted for the original ACA bill before the senate reformed it. 

I agree with mrstickball that passing it as the republicans fault is insane in both cases no matter what you argue ... 

Not only are you blind about the opposing view but your ignorant about legislative history too ... (This is the same type of ignorance that Trump supporters exhibit when calling the elections rigged.) 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Machiavellian said:

DId you not read what I wrote.  The house voted for the ACA without the funding for abortion.  The senate voted for their revised version of the ACA which had the funding for abortion.  The only thing that was changed within the house version and the senate version was the funding of abortion.  Everything else is the same which was something lead by republicans not democrates.  You need to look at the whole story for the ACA not just the revised version.

For clarity, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act which is the post you provided is the Senate revised version.  Here is the House version and what was brought up by Republicans and signed by Republicans. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affordable_Health_Care_for_America_Act 

You're as disingenous as you get for claiming that ACA was mainly lead by the Republicans ... 

And if you think funding for abortion means dick then I've got something to tell you. Only ONE republican in the house even voted for the original ACA bill before the senate reformed it. 

I agree with mrstickball that passing it as the republicans fault is insane in both cases no matter what you argue ... 

Not only are you blind about the opposing view but your ignorant about legislative history too ... (This is the same type of ignorance that Trump supporters exhibit when calling the elections rigged.) 

The one Republican that did vote for that version of it in the House subsequentally lost his seat and political future. I kinda felt bad for Cao, but his election wouldn't have happened in normal circumstances anyway.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Now is the chance for Republicans to prove that they have a better option (and aren't completely full of shit). They have no excuses now as they have majority control. If they fuck up I hope they get punished for it in future election cycles, I truly do.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

the-pi-guy said:
LadyJasmine said:
Obamacare is a success in the short term but a failure in the long term.

What it needs to be a success in the long term is bringing in more healthy people to get healthcare.  

If you don't have healthcare and you're healthy, a lot of people would rather just pay the smaller fine than get any sort of healthcare.  

What it needs to be a success is to benefit all people.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!