By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If Trump loses, do you think he will try to run again in 2020?

Do you think Trump will run again for president if he loses this election?

Yes 28 9.40%

No 128 42.95%

I hope he does 31 10.40%

I hope he doesn't 86 28.86%

I don't care 25 8.39%

Total:298
FentonCrackshell said:
Mr Puggsly said:
He'll be really old and competitors will bring up the same old racist and sexist BS, so too much baggage.

The next republican candidate needs a better reputation and he/she can push a lot of the same stuff as Trump.

Jeb Bush would've won if he'd been the Republican nominee. He's pragmatic, level-headed (not to be confused with "low energy"), and amart. He'd not alienate entire groups of people like idiot Trump did. Right out the glte nonetheless lol. 

another bush-clinton face off could happen!  Who gets the fourth term for their family to be the tie breaker?

I am Iron Man

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
He'll be really old and competitors will bring up the same old racist and sexist BS, so too much baggage.

The next republican candidate needs a better reputation and he/she can push a lot of the same stuff as Trump.

The next republican must be reputable and coherent.This election was for republicans to lose, we only lost it because of that talking baboon...

He'll be too old, 74 years old by then, that would be the oldest person to run for president.

Beyond that, his business brand is taking a beating, occupancy in Trump branded hotels is down so much that they're now changing the name to "Scion" in many locations, lol. He won't want to do this again, it will destroy whatever is left of his so-called "brand". I'm sure his kids and business partners are in a lot of ways just want this whole thing to end already. 

The problem with the Republicans is the demographic tide is against them. They cannot continue to run campaigns based on alienating "minorities" ... not when "minorities" are becoming the majority voter block. Every 4 years more old people die (and those are mostly old Republicans) and more young people become eligable to vote (and 50% of younger America is an ethnic minority). They also have huge issues with college educated whites, there's also so much hay you can make with rural voters.

Even solidly Republican states like Georgia, North Carolina, and gulp maybe even Texas are started to turn purple instead of rock solid red, Republican party needs to adapt or they will face continual routs. 

Trump screwed them over this campaign, if Marco Rubio was the candidate he probably would've won.

Brand Trump can pull off a miracle victory and prove the left wing media, Democrats and the academics wrong like they did when Nixon won in 1972 and when George W. Bush beat Al Gore in 2000.

Kirin_gaming said:
Mr Puggsly said:

The next republican must be reputable and coherent.This election was for republicans to lose, we only lost it because of that talking baboon...

There are actually a lot of things I like about Trump, I think people even liked his policies more than HIlary's.

But he was easy to peg as a sexist, racist, and any other word that ends with "ist." That's what killed his chances. The media attacking Trump while ignoring Hilary's controvsies didn't help either, it was actually pretty gross.

Well here's to another 4 years of dems showing their policies suck.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Trump vs Kanye? Omfg... Please.

No.

I'm not even sure he would be around in 2020. He's 70 years old, nearly 300 pounds, eats fast food on a regular basis and has stated that he only gets about 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night. I don't wish ill on the guy but with a lifestyle like that I have trouble seeing him lasting another 4 years.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Trump is the American Messiah!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't think his ego can stand being beat by a girl , twice.

I really hope that the Republicans can find a good candidate. I suspect that they have a serious internal structural problem though, made worse by attracting/repelling entire groups pf people. That's bad for democracy, and it isn't good if you are a Democrat voter either.

The secret is: you need to find a candidate that the opposite side's voters can at least say "meh - I'm not too worried by XYZ' policies, maybe I don't need to vote this time"

Have you thought about how this election is playing in China? Great advert for "democracy brings the best of the best of the best for the public to choose between".