By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is $399 a healthy price for Nintendo Switch?

$$$

Yes, make it $399 47 9.48%

No, $299 is enough for a Nintendo console 403 81.25%

I'd pay up to $449 19 3.83%

Take all my coins!!! 27 5.44%

Total:496

has to be cheaper then the xbox, which is 299 with a game so 249 max

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

299 would be good, 399 is too much , especially for the demographic they seem to be targeting.

Absolutely not. Frankly, I'm hoping for $249 or maybe $299 for a bundle of some sort.

Doesn't matter. Nintendo gamers will complain regardless saying too expensive. With that said.... $299 or maybe $350.

Im hopeing Nintendo is able to do sell this at 249$.
At that price im like 99% sure this could end up another Wii success story for them.

Around the Network

Nintendo absolutely can NOT do that. Wii U was the same price as the much more powerful consoles last generation and that's one of things that killed it. Launching another weaker system for more than the current consoles is asking for it to fail.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If the NS is 400 dollars, and every angry forumposter says "NINTENDO DOOOOOOM HOW DARE THEY"

What's the alternative? Where can I put 400 dollars to get Nintendo games, other than the NS? Is this not part of the value? Is that infact not the number one reason to buy this thing?

People have zero issue with disgustingly overpriced apple products, because the brand is cool or whatever. Its ridiculous.

Why is Apple expensive though? Best tech? Nope. Did Apple spend a lot of time developing their stuff, perhaps? Research and development? Exclusivity, branding, marketing? These things might actually cost a ton of money. Spoiler alert, Nintendo actually has to pay for stuff too. They do not exist inside some kind of vacuum where everything is made out of magic. Apple just doubles their pricetags in the end, and no one bats an eye.

FragilE^ said:
If the NS is 400 dollars, and every angry forumposter says "NINTENDO DOOOOOOM HOW DARE THEY"

What's the alternative? Where can I put 400 dollars to get Nintendo games, other than the NS? Is this not part of the value? Is that infact not the number one reason to buy this thing?

People have zero issue with disgustingly overpriced apple products, because the brand is cool or whatever. Its ridiculous.

Why is Apple expensive though? Best tech? Nope. Did Apple spend a lot of time developing their stuff, perhaps? Research and development? Exclusivity, branding, marketing? These things might actually cost a ton of money. Spoiler alert, Nintendo actually has to pay for stuff too. They do not exist inside some kind of vacuum where everything is made out of magic. Apple just doubles their pricetags in the end, and no one bats an eye.

The alternative is simply to wait for a price drop and/or buy another system. I can't speak for everyone but that's what I will do if they price it at $400.

It cant come out the same price as a much more powerful PS4Pro.

Yes I know it's a handheld as well so mobile = more expensive but that doesn't matter to normal consumers.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Honestly, even $300 is too high in a market where you can get a PS4/X1 for that much.
For what Switch offers, it should be $250 USD.